My favorite non-powder summer blushes


When it comes to summer beauty, I prefer wearing blushes that aren't in a powdered formula (cream, liquid, and gel). The only exception to that is the BECCA Luminous Blush in "Hibiscus Bloom" from the Chrissy Teigen Palette (Which I've been reaching for all summer). 

I don't like the feeling of powder blush sitting on top of my face when I'm out in the heat. It feels heavy and uncomfortable, and my it makes the rest of my makeup look cakey. And I will reiterate that I am only making an exception with the BECCA blush because it looks more natural than my other powder blushes. Non-powder blushes absorb into my skin better, giving me a natural flushed glow as if I was running around doing errands in the sun. Because I have dry skin, I can get away with wearing non-powder blushes without worrying about it sliding off my face. Plus, they are oh-so-easy to use: you don't need a brush, and I just like to dot them on the apples of my cheeks and blend away with your fingers. It's perfect for when you're in a hurry! They also look great as a "no-makeup" makeup look. You can wear them with foundation, tinted moisturizer or no base at all!

Here's a few of my favorite non-powder blushes:

ELF Cream Blush Palette in "Soft"
I loved the ELF powder blush palettes, and I've been eyeing on the cream blush cousins. There are 2 palettes, "Soft" and "Bold". I chose "Soft" for the more natural shades. They feel a little oily to the touch but give you the soft, baby-doll cheeks of your dreams. You certainly won't look like a clown with these!

ELF Cream Blush Palette in "Soft"

Glossier Cloud Paint in "Dusk"
For $18 and a small tube, I felt like the Glossier Cloud Paints were pretty pricey. Until I saw in person how pigmented they are. These are going to last forever! I wish they had more shades, but I'm loving the medium nude shade in "Dusk". If you want that "my cheeks are better" look, you have to get this. This is also tan-skin friendly!

Hard Candy Cheeky Tint Sheer Blush Gel in "Diva"
This hot pink blush may appear intimidating on the swatch, but it truly is sheer. You only need a few tiny dots, and you can build it up to how much pigment you want. This is one of my summer favorites!

NYX Bright Idea Illuminating Stick in "Rose Petal Pop"
I received this cute coral pink blush stick in the Spring 2017 Beautycon Box. I haven't used it in a while, but it is another warm weather staple of mine. This is so easy to use and I totally would recommend this for someone who is new to makeup or needs something for lazy beauty days.

Beauty for Real Blush + Glow in "High Beam" and "Coral Crush" 
This blush/highlighter duo stick made its way to my February 2016 Boxycharm, and it was my jam at the time. It's more affordable than some of my standalone blushes and highlighters, and these brought me a very dewy look. That was what I was going for, although sometimes I felt like the highlighter was too shiny (though it doesn't appear that way in the swatches). I love the peachy coral blush though. This is so easy to travel with too.

Glossier in "Dusk", Hard Candy in "Diva", NYX in "Petal Pop", Beauty for Real in "High Beam" and "Coral Crush" 

Do you wear cream/gel/liquid blushes during the summer, or do you stick to tried-and-true powdered formulas?

12 comments :

  1. NYX Petal Pop is gorgeous, I need that in my life!! I also love the ELF palette, the shades are so pretty! I don't own many creamy formulas and I would love to try more! x

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cream blushers (and highlighters) all year round, I think they work better with my dry skin too. I didn't think that was an Elf palette! I love the original NYX cream blushers x

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Glossier Dusk color, it's such a natural and pretty shade! I've always avoided cream blushes because I'm not very good at applying them and would mess up my foundation in the process. Maybe I'll start out with one of the more affordable options like NYX or Elf and give cream blushes another try!

    Jenny | Geeky Posh

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ELF Palette is gorgeous, so many pretty shades xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to stick with powder blushes, though I do like cream ones as well. That Elf palette looks so pretty! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to try elf cream blushers but good to know that they are a touch oily. I'll be giving them a miss.

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. The NYX & Beauty For Real blushes look so pretty! Although I normally stick to powder formulas, I'm currently more drawn to cream or stick formulas. I think they'll work better with my drier skin type.

    Sam / My Beauty Cloud

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dusk is such a pretty shade! I have Puff and it's beautiful. I had no idea Elf had cream blush palettes but I really like some of the shades in the Soft one x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blush sticks! They're so easy in use

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/floortjeloves-12198253

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use powder blushes mostly but would like to give cream ones a go! I loved the ELF & NYX one, such gorgeous shades!

    xx
    http://realgirltalks.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That elf palette looks beautiful :D

    xx Sofia | SOFIAADOT

    ReplyDelete