SPF Foundations on Rotation

summer beauty, summer makeup, SPF foundations, bb cream

You should be wearing sunscreen all year, rain or shine, but let's face it...most of us don't. We tend to wait until May or June to roll around before we slap on some SPF. 


Thankfully, most makeup companies are realizing the importance of protecting your face and body from the sun, and have infused SPF in their primers and foundations. You can apply in addition to or instead of your normal sunscreen! When I'm out and about, want to protect my skin and still want to look evened out, I reach for these foundations/BB creams:

MISSHA Perfect Cover BB Cream (SPF 42)
This is my first and only Korean BB Cream. When I first started obsessing over makeup, BB creams were one of those things I was fascinated with: I loved how it was skincare, primer, concealer and foundation rolled into one. Before I tried MISSHA, I had Western BB creams from Revlon, Maybelline, Smashbox and Tarte. They didn't quite give me exactly what I was looking for (except for the Smashbox one). I did some research comparing Western vs Korean BB creams, and found that most of the Western ones were more known to be glorified tinted moisturizers, and that the Korean ones had all of the skincare benefits. So I ordered one of the best Korean BB creams, the MISSHA Perfect Cover. It has SPF 42 and a satin/demi-matte finish. One pump is more than enough because it's medium/full coverage. The only con to this is the limited shade range: it only comes in 6 shades. The one I use, #27, is the 3rd darkest one. I will say though that this is a dupe for the IT Cosmetics CC Cream.

IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream (SPF 50) (review)
Do you want peace of mind about extra protection? Well you need to get this, ASAP. This has the highest SPF in my collection, is full-coverage but feels super-light on the skin. It covers my redness without using green concealer! It's has a satin/mattte finish, but leans towards more yellow-toned. In addition, IT Cosmetics infuses anti-aging properties such as collagen, peptides, vitamins and antioxidants (It makes sense, seeing how IT Cosmetics is developed with plastic surgeons and dermatologists). So this is one of the few Western beauty products that kills 2 birds with 1 stone by packing skincare in a makeup tube! It's the frugal alternative to airbrushing.

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream (SPF 35)
I've been reaching for this frequently on my "no makeup" makeup days. It's great for hiding blemishes but not looking overly caked on, and looks and feels like second skin. I brought this with me to my honeymoon in Mexico for the SPF factor, the tiny sample size (I got this one of my ipsy glambags), and for how great it looked on me. It even survived the humidity!

L'Oreal True Match Lumi (SPF 20)
Out of all of the bases in this post, this has been the one I've been reaching for the most recently. A drugstore foundation with SPF, amazing coverage and that photographs amazingly? I'm not surprised that I found out that this is a dupe for GA Luminous Silk because I'm obsessed with that foundation too. This has a dewy finish, so it's not the best for those with oily skin.

L'Oreal Infallible Pro Glow (SPF 15) (review)
Another dry-skin staple, this dewy foundation is a little more sheer than True Match Lumi and with less SPF. It definitely has that "my skin but better" look going on, so there is also no need to worry about cakiness. The only thing I don't like about this is the lack of shade ranges, especially for WoC. I wear the shade 208 when it's winter time and I'm paler. But during with the summer, I either have to mix it with the shade 210 or the NARS Laguna Liquid Bronzer.

Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream (SPF 15)
This is what I reach for the least. I honestly don't know why I have it, but I prefer using it in the winter when my skin is fairer. I find it off-putting that I bought the "medium/deep" shade when it's clearly lighter than my other shades that are labeled as "medium/tan" or even "light"! Not WoC friendly at all. It's also very sheer, that it might as well just be labeled as a tinted lotion.

summer beauty, summer makeup, SPF foundations, bb cream

That's a wrap and a roundup of my foundations with SPF! Remember to stay safe under the sun, guys. 

What is your favorite SPF-based foundation?

6 comments :

  1. I was wondering about the Missha BB cream, I was meant to order it when I placed my last korean products order but decided not to since I have 2-3 BB creams I need to finish. But I will order it in the future, so curious to see how it works on my skin.x

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely think I need to try the IT Cosmetics CC Cream it sounds great! xo

    Hanney | www.blogabouthanney.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a massive fan of the L'Oreal paris lumi magique foundation. I'm worried it has be discontinued as I haven't been seeing it around in stores. I'm also so keen on trying that L'Oreal paris pro glow foundation as well as the IT cosmetics CC cream. Lovely post.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post! There is so many different types of products I didn't know had spf in them, I have wanted to try a bb cream in so long too so I will definitely try one of these x

    ReplyDelete
  5. really useful! for me it's still a mission finding the right foundation for summer!XD

    xx from italy
    Cate ღ 35mm in Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have a SPF foundation as I was worried about flashback, but I do want a new BB cream. I always wanted to try the MISSHA but I thought it only came in really fair shades. I think we might be similar, so I might have a look at that one :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete