July 2017 ipsy Glambag: Over Easy

July 2017 ipsy Glambag: Over Easy, July 2017 ipsy Glambag, ipsy x gudetama

Finally, after resubscribing to ipsy in April and getting a few months worth of crappy glam bags, I actually get products I actually will use and enjoy!
This month's theme is Over Easy. The bag features a Sanrio character, Gudetama ("lazy egg"), a fried egg. I've always been a Sanrio lover since I was a kid, but I've never heard of Gudetama until now. I know a lot of people didn't like the bag, such as Anna from A Sparkle of Grace or Katie from Beauty from Katie. I on the other hand found him cute and amusing, especially the backside of the bag (no pun intended):

July 2017 ipsy Glambag: Over Easy, July 2017 ipsy Glambag, ipsy x gudetama

As far as the products, at first I wasn't too thrilled about them (when I found out on the ipsy app what I was going to get before it shipped). Then as I got my bag, I started using and playing around with the goodies, and I was excited!

IBY Beauty Crease Brush
This brush is super soft, and small enough for my lids to create a nice outer-V and crease. I usually love getting angled crease brushes in my box, but I find that they are way too big for my lids, and not precise enough.

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in "Black"
ipsy always gives me eyeliner (whether it's pencil or liquid), so I felt that this was unnecessary. I like it a lot though, it's really pigmented and pitch black. I wouldn't say that it's skinny though. The Balm Schwing is a lot thinner than this. I don't see this drying out though, and I love how this is a sample-size because it makes lining my upper lashes (and creating the cat eye) easier. I have a lot more control especially when I'm really up close to the mirror.

OFRA Cosmetics Eyeshadow in "Gold Rush"
Here's an individual pan of this beautiful shimmery gold eyeshadow. I do wish it was Makeup Geek though, since I have 2 loose Makeup Geek eyeshadows lying around (that I got from the March 2016 Boxycharm) so that I can start collecting them to put in a Z-palette. This eyeshadow would be great for all over the lid alone to make my brown eyes pop.

Hanalei Lip Treatment in "Rose"
This is my favorite product in the box! At first, I thought it was a regular old lip balm, nothing special. But this is a thick lip balm in a rosy pink tint (and it smells sweet!), but when you apply it, it feels like a lip oil. It keeps my lips so moisturized and soft, when my new Glossier Cherry Balm Dotcom doesn't (I still love my Mint Balm Dotcom though).

BellaPierre Banana Setting Powder
I've heard of banana powder, especially the famous one from Ben Nye. It's a staple for Kim Kardashian's makeup. I know that a lot of people use it to "bake" their faces (setting it on their faces, under eyes, etc. and letting it sit for 10 minutes before fluffing with the brush), but I personally do not want to do that because it will make my already-dry skin look super cakey. So instead, after applying my foundation, I used this instead of my Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. I loved how it gave me the same matte, flawless effect without giving me that white cast! I think I found my new holy grail setting powder.

July 2017 ipsy Glambag: Over Easy, July 2017 ipsy Glambag, ipsy x gudetama
Top–Bottom: BellaPierre Banana Setting Powder, Hanalei Lip Treatment, Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner, OFRA Eyeshadow in "Gold Rush"

Overall, I'm finally really happy with this month's glambag and I am looking forward to the August one!

If you're an ipsy subscriber, I have a tip: Check out My Subscription Addiction regularly for the upcoming glambag spoilers (sometimes they have spoilers for 2 months in advance). There will be some products where you can email Customer Service at support@ipsy.com for a specific item you want. I did that for the August glambag, and I requested that they not send me any more face masks (I love face masks, but they sent me one every month, and I was especially frustrated that some of them weren't suited for my skin type). I got a response from them saying that they would do everything they could to get me that specific item and to no longer send me any more masks!

Do you have ipsy? Do any of these items interest you?

14 comments :

  1. Looks like you got some gems here - that gold eyeshadow is stunning! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look like great items. I like the look of the lip treatment x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha no I'm not a big fan of the bag, but all of the products I got were great. The lip treatment looks really nice.
    A Sparkle Of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you actually got some great stuff! I am always toooo nervous to order any beauty box because I often just see people getting crap! This however looks great! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you found some stuff you love and will use! There are so many subscription boxes out there these days, I feel I'm safer just to buy the things I want myself 😛 Kind of nice to have a little surprise in the mail every month tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, it really feels like Christmas! Of all of the beauty boxes I tried, ipsy and Boxycharm are my favorites!

      Delete
  6. I'm yet to try Ipsy, I'm not a fan of Birchbox so hopefully I'll like this! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hated Birchbox (or any other box that mostly gave me skincare), so I think you'll like this!

      Delete
  7. I hear mixed reviews about ipsy bags, but subscription boxes in general I'm always iffy about just because I hate getting items that I can't use or don't even need, especially since I know I would be so excited waiting for it. But it's cool that you can talk to them and they actually listen; I didn't know you could request certain things!

    Sam / My Beauty Cloud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, some months I get duds, some are fabulous like this. I am glad they listened to me :)

      Delete
  8. I wish I knew what the character on the bag was, it would be fun if I had known about what it was from haha! I wish I got the Ofra shadow, it's such a pretty color :)

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he's a Sanrio character (along with Hello Kitty) but I find him cute! The Ofra shadow is gorgeous!

      Delete
  9. That Gudetama cosmetic bag is so adorable! °₊·ˈ

    Blog de la Licorne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never used post products but thanks for your review, I find banana setting powder more interesting I never used it so would like to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete