Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette

Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette, Zoeva

There are so many amazing beauty brands outside the US I want to try, and some of which are arriving at our local Sephora and Ulta. Rumor has it that German beauty brand Zoeva will make its way in Sephora soon. Before I found out about the news, I purchased the Cocoa Blend Palette through their website which was only $26.50. However, I had to pay an extra $9 for international shipping. It's still a lot cheaper than the average Sephora palette! If they hit the shelves and (hopefully) don't raise their prices, I will buy the Caramel Melange Palette. I've been wanting to get my hands on that and not have to deal with international fees, along with being able to get my Sephora rewards points!

The Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette reminds me of the Too Faced Chocolate Bar, but without the sweet smell (which is what I love), 10 shades instead of 16, and half the price, but more pigmentation. The case of the palette is very thin and in a cardboard foam, but not flimsy. It's easy to bring with you during travel. The shade names do sound pretty sweet, such as...

Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette, Zoeva, Zoeva Cocoa Blend, Zoeva Cocoa Blend Swatches
bitter start: matte creamy ivory
sweeter end: shimmery champagne with golden pink undertones
warm notes: shimmery medium red violet
subtle blend: shimmery warm copper
beans are white: matte cool deep brown

Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette, Zoeva, Zoeva Cocoa Blend, Zoeva Cocoa Blend Swatches
pure ganache: shimmery medium gold
substitute for love: lightly shimmered caramel brown
freshly toasted: matte burnt sienna
infusion: duochrome dark brown and violet with chunky golden shimmer

Now, I don't particularly care for bitter start, because I hardly, if ever, use the matte beiges in a lot of palettes. I do want to try it under my brow and as a base for the other shades. There is very minimal, if any, fallout, especially for the shimmery shades. The shimmery shades are subtle enough that even older women can rock it without looking like a disco ball. The pigmentation is incredible, especially for the purple shades such as warm notes and delicate acidity. The thing that disappoints me about the Too Faced Palettes are the bright purples, blues, etc. appear to be rich and opaque on the pan but when you swatch them, they lack pigmentation and are the sheerest of all of the shades. It's such a letdown. That is not the case with this palette. You can even bump up the depth and pigmentation by applying it with MAC Fix+ for an extra foiled, dramatic look!

This is the only palette I have been using for the past month. It's great for everyday wear to work, classes, etc. and you can transform it to a sexy smoky look at night (I feel like I always say this in my eyeshadow palette reviews, but it's true here). I almost contemplated getting the Zoeva Smoky Palette, but now that I've played around with this, I won't need too because of the shades beans are white and infusion. I love them for my outer v, and beans are white is also great for tightlining the upper lash, especially if black eyeliner is too intimidating and harsh. 

I look upset, but I swear I'm not! I was just trying to take the perfect selfie under the best lighting to showcase the shadows clearly.

I feel like I'm not doing my critical thinking with this review because I am raving about it, but I can't really think of anything bad about this palette. Well there's one thing: having to pay the shipping fees, but hopefully (fingers crossed) they will arrive in Sephora so I can get the Caramel Melange Palette! If you like neutral/warm tones, subtle shimmer, you will love this palette. And it's reasonably priced too!

Do you have this palette? If not, what do you think of this?

12 comments :

  1. Paying extra shipping fees (and sometimes customs) is so disappointing since the price of a product is increased. It is a gorgeous palette and you can create so many looks with it, I have been playing with my eyeshadow palettes more these days and I love to create colourful looks!! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this palette looks amazing, love all of the shades! shipping fees are always annoying but it's worth it if you can get your hands on such a good palette! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking into the Zoeva palettes for ages.. I might need to get one soon :)

    xx Lisa | lisaautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate paying for shipping haha. I'm glad you enjoy using this palette. These are gorgeous shades and suit you perfectly.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty palette. I love the shade 'Warm Notes'. x

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful palette! I've been buying too many lately but I need to get my hands on this at some point x

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've got Zoeva in our Sephora stores in Australia, just the brushes and a couple palettes I think. I actually bought this palette for my friend for a birthday present but now I'm kinda wishing I'd bought myself one as well!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful colours, I adore Zoeva!

    Anika xo | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look you created Hannah. I really need to try a few bits from Zoeva, the shades are stunning xx

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Warm notes is such a gorgeoussss colour!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like an absolutely gorgeous palette! I'd really like to get a Zoeva palette, but I have just one problem. I can't decide which one to get! They have so many beautiful palettes. There are at least 4 palettes, that I know I'd get a lot of wear out of. Luckily, Selfridges have recently started stocking them so I'll have an opportunity to swatch them to help me choose. I really hope they do make it to Sephora for you. Having to pay shipping and import tax really puts me off buying from brands (I'm looking at you Tarte!). Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
  12. The shades do look really nice and pigmented! I hate it too when the shades that you think are amazing turn out to be the least pigmented, I had the same thing happen with a palette I just reviewed, its so disappointing! xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete