Testing the Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lipsticks

Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lipsticks

I love liquid lipsticks but my dry lips don't. Thankfully, Smashbox released a new line of liquid lipsticks that are comfortable to wear!


Unfortunately, creamy, moisturizing, and comfortable lipsticks mean that they do not last as long as the "quick dry" (in reference to Tarte's new matte lipsticks) ones. The new Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lips ($24 for 0.27 oz) released earlier this year, and come in 16 shades: 8 metallic, and 8 pigment (high-shine). are super hydrating and easy to wear. However, they do bleed easily so you might want to think about getting a lipliner to go with them, and reapply after eating. They lean a lot more towards glossy than matte, which is why they bleed a little more. But they are opaque and rich in color.

Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lipsticks

I was given a sample of 4 shades during the Sephora VIB Rouge Fall Event at the beginning of June: 2 metallics (Crimson Chrome and Haterade) and 2 pigments (Rose b4 Bros and Mauve Wife). I actually already have Rose b4 Bros, so it's obviously my favorite shade of the bunch! Each tiny amount of product were packed like those medicine tablets.

Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lipsticks

Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lipsticks, Smashbox Crimson Chrome
Crimson Chrome

Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lipsticks, Smashbox Haterade
Haterade

Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lipsticks, Smashbox Rose b4 Bros
Rose b4 Bros

Smashbox Be Legendary Liquid Lipsticks, Smashbox Mauve Wife
Mauve Wife

Here's a bit about the shades:

Crimson Chrome
This is a metallic candy apple red with tiny flecks of gold shimmer. I usually don't like metallic lipsticks even though they are totally on trend right now, but I am loving this. I can see that other people are too because this shade is sold out in the Sephora website. This is so gorgeous and I don't blame them! I will save this in one of my wishlists in the future. It's that beautiful.

Haterade
A metallic orange, this is my least favorite of the bunch. Don't get me wrong, I love orange lipsticks, but not in a metallic formula. I prefer them as a matte or cream. Plus, this one is too light for me: it blends in with my skin tone in person. For orange lipsticks, I prefer something more reddish like Urban Decay in "Temper" or burnt like Smashbox Always On in "Out Loud".

Rose b4 Bros
Since I already own the full-sized version of this, I am most partial to this medium warm rosy pink shade. It's not loud or intimidating, and it makes me feel feminine when I'm wearing it. This is great for everyday wear with a bit of girly color.

Mauve Wife
I wasn't sure about this shade at first because it appeared light. But I was actually pleasantly surprised! There's nothing mauve about this, because it is more warm toned. This appears more nudish pink on me, and it gives my lips life. It doesn't make me look ghostly like most nude lippies do. It is a lighter version of Rose b4 Bros, which is also why I like this one a lot too. This is great for spring and summer!

These do not come cheap, and although I love how moisturizing they are, you probably might not like how they fade within a few hours. They don't completely dry. These days, for me, I'll take comfort. The metallics flecks are very subtle and finely milled, not chunky glitter bombs. I hope I can get my hands on Crimson Chrome soon.

What do you think of these liquid lipsticks? Which shade is your favorite?

5 comments :

  1. I've heard great things about these, glad to hear it's comfortable! The metallic ones look really interesting, though I love the shades of the pigments x

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the concept, liquid lipsticks for dry lips, plus I can imagine it would be an added pro in Winter! I love the look of rose b4 bros, it's the type of shade that I normally lean to as well, definitely an everyday shade for me too (I think it suits you well too) :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does seem like a great alternative to the regular liquid lipstick especially with adorable colours like Mauve wife and Rose b4 bros but I'm still unsure as I'm not use to the glossy finish. Overall, this is a lovely review <3

    with love, Bash   |   HEY BASH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post, love it!
    Could you click the links in this post? Maybe follow for follow, too? :)

    http://veronicalucy.blogspot.com/2017/06/black-bodysuit-yoins.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, the shades are pretty but not sure if I'll pick up one for myself. I somehow lost interest towards Smashbox within the last few years.

    ReplyDelete