Sunday's Best & Summer Vibes with a Pink Tulle Skirt


95% of the week, I dress up really casually. Shirts and yoga pants or shorts, but when it comes to going somewhere nice, I want to primp up. 

Cecilio and I went to church this past Sunday after not going for a month. I bought this pink tulle skirt at H&M the night before Easter, and wore it to the Easter service and this past service. The closest H&M is about 40 minutes away from where we live (it sucks because there's a mall 20 minutes away but they don't have it), and we needed to go to that mall because a Daiso just opened up there and we needed little things for our apartment (keep in mind, we were just living there for a week at that point). I needed a nice outfit for Easter because I left a lot of clothes at my old house. I found this little gem of a skirt at H&M, along with a cream beige bell-sleeved top and a statement necklace and I wore all of it for Easter. I did not have a "fashion" outfit shot because I wore shoes that didn't match (black flats), it was raining really hard, and we were busy spending time with family. Well, my mother-in-law took a lot of photos of us, just like she does at every single chance she gets (and hundreds of them too). I loved pairing the skirt and the bell-sleeved top together, but for this skirt (and tops tucked in), you have to have perfect posture or you end up looking pregnant! Case in point:

Easter 2017

This skirt hits the mid-calf, and is very stylish yet modest for church or an office setting. It goes with almost anything! It's also very comfortable and light, which is essential as the weather heats up. It was already 90-something degrees when we took these outfit shots! So this past Sunday, I paired it with a cream button up tank top. It was originally my moms but she gave me a bunch of tops she didn't want anymore. I would say that this whole outfit was a mesh between girly and boho.




For heat protection, I topped off the outfit (no pun intended) with this wide-brimmed hat Cecilio bought for me during our Mexico honeymoon. It was from some hat store (I can't remember the name), and it was off of 5th Ave. He insisted that I needed a hat to protect me from the sun, especially with having lupus and sun sensitivity being a big issue with us patients. We are constantly advised to wear a hat and constant sunscreen. I could do better on the sunscreen, but I wore the hat the whole time when we were out and about (even if it hurt my head and didn't match my outfits). I did not have any problems with the heat and I did not feel weak. Cecilio credits it to this hat.


Finally, would you believe that I purchased these awesome sandals for only $26?! It was on the sale rack at Macy's, and as soon as I saw them I knew I had to have them. I bought them right after the Sephora VIB Fall Sale event (hell, my BECCA concealers were more expensive than these shoes), and I was able to buy Cecilio a new pair of Van's. I just don't have a detailed shot of my feet with these shoes because my feet are looking pretty nasty at the moment.

So here are the outfit details

Hat: Can't remember (don't have it with me), but it was from Mexico
Sunglasses: Elle
Top: LC Lauren Conrad (available at Kohl's only)
Skirt: H&M
Pearl Bracelet: Icing
Pink Flower Bracelet: H&M
Bag: Coach
Shoes: Rock & Candy

Hope you enjoyed this post! I don't do a lot of fashion-related posts but I should more often :) especially because summer's here and I love wearing mini dresses!

9 comments :

  1. The skirt is adorable and you look amazing, I love the colour so much!! I always score great deals at H&M, I recently found a dress for 5 Euros haha!! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit, you look very pretty. I love the skirt!

    Lauren x Huggled

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww hope you had a great Easter, love the family pic! The skirt looks really nice and stylish on you, I think the top is really classic looking too. You should definitely post more fashion posts :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely skirt Hannah, I love how you've styled it and please do more fashion posts, bloody love them :)

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look adorable :) I love the light pink skirt x

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love that hat, major props to Cecilio! It gives a summery vibe to the outfit, it looks amazing on you x

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pink skirt is just so beautiful! The way you styled it and everything just looks fab!

    Khadija x
    http://khadijaxmua.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah how cute is this! I love it! :)

    Wishing you a great week ahead, hope you have a lovely day!

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! your are looking so glamour such beautiful outfits the skirt is amazing one.
    https://www.modalist.com/cashback/

    ReplyDelete