June Beauty Favorites


Holy crap, half of 2017 is gone! Time flies when you're having fun and having an eventful year. 

This month, Cecilio's youngest sister, Sabina, graduated high school and she will be going to university in SF! She is getting the full dorm experience, unlike Cecilio (who went to community college first and where I met him before transferring to a university), and their other sister, Carmela (who went to the same local university as I did and commuted). The weather has been insane. During the graduation ceremony, the temperatures were 65° F (18.3° C) and people were huddled in blankets, freezing. A week later, it's gone back up again to 108° F (42.2° C). I don't know how I handle it, but I do.

Another month passes by, another failed at makeup bans. However, I am thinking of doing a lipstick/lipgloss ban. Instead of completely banning myself from buying makeup altogether, why don't you or I try cutting off buying a specific beauty product? My lipstick collection is out of hand. More on that in the next post.

Here are my staples for this month:

BECCA x Chrissy Teigen Palette (review here)
I didn't care for this palette when it first came out, but slowly I became more drawn to it. I am so glad I purchased it! I love the highlighters, the bronzer, the blush, everything! It feels like it was made for me. It gives me a natural looking summery glow, and since Chrissy and I almost have the same skin tone, it's right up my alley.

Glossier Mint Balm dotcom 
I love this so much that this is the 2nd time in a row that it's featured on my monthly favorites. I would be so heartbroken if I lost this. This has saved my lips from cracking, or heals it when it does. It allows me to wear drying the ColourPop Ultra Satin lipsticks. If I run out I will get 2 more (probably in different flavors though).

Kiko Velvet Passion Matte Lipstick (313 Sangria) 
I have been eyeing this beautiful hot pink lip color for a while, and was able to snag it during the Memorial Day sale. The square tip of the lipstick reminds me of the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipsticks, but absolutely nowhere near as drying.

The Balm Schwing Black Eyeliner
I purchased this (along with a few Balm products) at the Hautelook sale. Now that I know that The Balm gets featured on Hautelook frequently, I refuse to buy it full-price (even if they are sold at the local Kohl's). Can we talk about how much I freaking love this eyeliner? It's a very pointy tip which makes it easy to use (and I still struggle). Also, after a few uses, it's still wet and pigmented. My Kat von D tattoo and NYX skinny marker eyeliner dried out super quickly.

BECCA Ultimate Coverage Concealing Creme (Honeycomb)
This has been my go-to concealer for dark circles. It doesn't crease, it looks natural, but doesn't make me look cakey. What more can I ask for?

ColourPop Ultra Gloss (Honey B)
This is so rich in pigmentation and super moisturizing. This lip gloss is a must for summer. Paired with the Kiko Velvet Passion (Sangria), you got yourself the ultimate bright summer lip. It's gorgeous on its own too!

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation (W6)
Now that summer is here, I'm reaching more for my SPF bases. This by far is my favorite. I've started using this again after taking a break from it for a while, and now I remember why I love it: it's affordable, doesn't make me look cakey like other foundations, and looks natural (like second skin).

What have been your beauty must haves this month?

5 comments :

  1. Great picks! The Becca palette looks really pretty xx

    Indie// In Search of the Holy Grail

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kiko lipstick is something I have my eyes on, I think I added it on my cart but never completed the order since I have so many lipsticks haha!! But it is a gorgeous shade!! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realise that was a KIKO lipstick, it looks so expensive and luxurious! The Becca concealer sounds like something I should try, but I've spent so much on correctors and concealers already lately, and it didn't even pay of haha! My beauty must have has been the Rimmel scandaleyes liner, it's nice to just go in for a bit of colour :) x

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to revisit L'Oreal True Match Lumi, I remember loving it so much back when I was living in Malaysia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently picked up that Becca face Palette and it's so gorgeous and lovely to wear. And let's face it the packaging is stunning!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete