June 2017 Boxycharm: Downtown Charm

June 2017 Boxycharm: Downtown Charm

This is the 3rd time I have resubscribed to Boxycharm. When I found out that they letting go of the waitlist to have more people sign up, I immediately jumped on it. I've had wonderful items from them and I wanted to give them a try. But because I signed up recently, I got my box later than others.

For $21/month, you get 4–5 sample and full-sized products with Boxycharm. This month's theme is "Downtown Charm". The box is full of goodies with brands I am familiar with from other boxes (except for the RealHer palette).

RealHer, RealHer eyeshadow palette, RealHer Be Your Own Kind of Beauty

RealHer Eyeshadow Palette (Be Your Own Kind of Beauty)
For this month's box, you were given one of 3 types of the RealHer eyeshadow palettes. I received the Be Your Own Kind of Beauty Palette, which consists of mostly nudes. It has 9 shades, 2 of which are matte and 7 shimmers. I find the shades Fine, Fabulous and Creative lacking in pigmentation, which was a bummer. But every other shade was great! I can't wait to start playing around with this more.

RealHer, RealHer eyeshadow palette, RealHer Be Your Own Kind of Beauty
Left–Right: Fine, Fabulous, Fun, Strong, Proud, Courageous, Smart, Creative, Unique

June 2017 Boxycharm: Downtown Charm, Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder, Luxie 640 Precision Tapered Face Brush, Ofra Santa Ana

Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder
A loose powder highlighter (that reminds me of Champagne Pop), it's pretty disappointing that I got this in my box because I already received it in the Winter 2016 Beautycon Box. Maybe it's a sign that I should review this once and for all.

Luxie 640 Pro Precision Tapered Face Brush
Between my Boxycharm, ipsy, and Beautycon subscriptions, I have a collection of Luxie brushes! You can never have too many brushes, especially the pink and gold Luxie ones. This brush is fluffy and you can use it for highlighter, blush or setting powder.

Ofra Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick (Santa Ana)
Subscribers were either going to get the Ofra liquid lipsticks in Santa Ana (deep hot pink) or Tuscany (mauve nude). I was praying that I would get Santa Ana and I am so happy I did! Tuscany would've looked terrible on me. This is totally my type of shade. You all know me and my hot pink lipsticks. This is a perfect summer shade too. Also, I love Ofra's liquid lipsticks: they are matte and long lasting, but they are very comfortable to wear. They don't dry out my lips the way ColourPop Ultra Mattes or CT Matte Revolutions do.

June 2017 Boxycharm: Downtown Charm, Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder, Luxie 640 Precision Tapered Face Brush, Ofra Santa Ana
Artist Couture Diamond Glow Powder, Ofra Long-Lasting Liquid Lipstick (Santa Ana)

June 2017 Boxycharm: Downtown Charm, Biobelle sheet masks

Biobelle Botanic Fiber Facial Masks
I received 3 sheet masks from Biobelle in this box, named after cute hashtags: #primer, #iwokeuplikethis, and #beautysecret. I haven't tried these yet, but I would love to create a new blog post comparing the 3. I would especially like to try #primer to see if it truly does make my makeup look better.

I am blown away by this month's box, especially after having shitty boxes (and bags) from Beautycon and ipsy this month. I have subscribed to Birchbox, ipsy, Boxycharm, Allure Beauty Box, Play! by Sephora, and Glossybox. I can honestly tell you that Boxycharm is my absolute favorite, which is why I keep coming back to it, whereas I cancelled the other ones and never looked back (except for ipsy too, I have an on-and-off relationship with them). I am also looking forward to next month's box per the spoilers on My Subscription Addicton.

Are there any things that excite you in this box?

7 comments :

  1. This honestly looks like a great box! I think it's quite rare to get a palette in beauty boxes, so that's a really nice edition, especially since most of the shades are decent! I love the look of the tapered brush as well, I don't think I have anything quite the same :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's the best box I've had, and this is the 3rd time I've actually gotten a full-sized palette from them. And based on next month's spoilers, it's gonna be a shimmery palette! Yay!

      Delete
  2. That Real Her palette and Artist Couture highlight are speaking to me, great box this month I think xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Santa Ana is a gorgeous shade, definitely your kind of lip colour!!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about the Ofra liquid lipsticks, I'd love to get one in a subscription box! That palette is gorgeous as well x

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are actually very comfortable for a liquid lipstick!

      Delete