My First Glossier Haul

glossier, glossier soothing face mist, glossier cloud paint, glossier generation g lipstick, glossier mint balm dotcom,

For the past few months, there's been Facebook ads for Glossier popping up on my Newsfeed. Eventually, a lot of the bloggers I followed started reviewing some of their products. I would go on their website, intrigued with their approach to minimalist beauty: the "skincare first, makeup second" mantra and the fact that you can see texture and natural pores on the models. It's the antithesis of Anastasia and ColourPop (aka the "InstaGlams" of the beauty world with the caked and photoshopped faces). Finally, a beauty brand that embraces enhancing your features rather than hiding them. 

I've been wanting to pick up a few things, and thanks to my tax refund, I was able to splurge a bit! I was able to treat myself using Nida from Cake to the Nines' 20% off discount code (if you're curious about Glossier and want to purchase, I recommend using her code since she is a Glossier Rep. Also, she has great recommendations and her blog is so informative with beautiful photos). The shipping was only a week long, and I am pretty hooked and what I purchased.

Cloud Paint in "Haze" ($18)
The Cloud Paints are liquid blushes that come in a cute little paint tube. I purchased this medium pinkish-plum shade "Haze" because I felt like the color would suit my skin tone best. Wow, it is incredibly pigmented (more than my Hard Candy Cheeky Tints or Josie Maran Lip & Cheek Oil). A little goes a long way and you get your money's worth since the tint packs a punch. Next time I shop, I will get the shade in "Dusk".

Generation G Matte Lipstick in "Crush" ($18)
This is a sheer matte lip stain that looks great on "no makeup" does but when you still want some color. The Generation G lipsticks are formulated so that your natural lip color will still show through. It's very moisturizing for me at first, but dries out within hours so I have to keep reapplying this and the Balm Dotcom. The shade "Crush" is hot pink, like a sheerer version of my MAC All Fired Up. I plan on purchasing the shades "Zip" (a bright red) next time.

Mint Balm Dotcom ($12)
This is a salve that you can put on your lips, knees, elbows, cuticles, etc. for extra hydration. The Balm Dotcom line comes in other flavors too, such as cherry (which also has a red tint), coconut and rose. If you don't like scents or flavors you can also get the original one. I apply this every night before bed because it feels so good waking up to and hydrates my lips well, much more than my Bite Agave Lip Mask ever did (and this is half the cost!). The ultra-cooling, minty flavor makes me constantly want to apply, keeping my lips hydrated.

Soothing Face Mist ($18)
I've been battling with itchy, sensitive skin and a big part of it is allergies to blame. So when I wake up and do my usual skincare routine, I like applying this after moisturizer and it makes my skin feel refreshed, cool and calm. I've always wanted to try a rose mist and got my wish: it has rosewater, and aloe to keep the itching at bay!

glossier, glossier soothing face mist, glossier cloud paint, glossier generation g lipstick, glossier mint balm dotcom,
Cloud Paint in "Haze", Generation G Lipstick in "Crush"

I am really happy with my purchases and when I save up a bit, I really want to pick up the Cloud Paint in "Dusk", which is a deep nude that would be a perfect summer blush...almost like a bronzer! I would like to try the Stretch Concealer too.

Do you have anything from Glossier?

16 comments :

  1. Glossier products are everywhere at the moment and everyone is using and loving them!! Great haul Hannah, you got some great products!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haze is so pigmented, I wanted to get that one but it might be too dark for my skin tone! Thanks for including the discount code, I'd like to try Glossier soon x

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, it was a lot more pigmented than I expected!

      Delete
  3. This is an amazing haul, lovely! I have heard good things about the Glossier brand, but haven't tried any of their goodies before. I am not sure how accessible they are in the UK? So many lovely products, and I like the ideology behind their brand. I really like what you said about 'Insta Glams' in your opening... I think makeup is an amazing thing and so fun to play with, but I do feel like some of these brands set some truly unrealistic trends for people out there. Sometimes, those girls on Instagram don't even look real to me. Anyway, have you changed your blog layout recently, lovely? I think that it looks super gorgeous, so girly and fresh, it suits you and your blog really well! :) xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be able to get it, Carol lives in Italy and she just did reviewed some stuff here http://carolinapage.eu/en/glossier-phase-2-set-review/ and I think a lot of beauty consumers and us small bloggers that the "Instaglam" look does not work for most people and its unrealistic. I agree, some of them look like aliens! I did, your post about blogging burnout inspired me to change it and I'm so happy I did! So I owe it to you :)

      Delete
  4. Do you know if Glossier has started shipping to Canada? The last time I checked it was a no. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know if they do, but I hope they do soon!

      Delete
  5. Everything sounds so good! I was almost wishing that you didn't like them because I still can't get my hands on Glossier in the UK but everything sounds beautiful. Glad they didn't disappoint, and thank you for sharing Hannah, loving the new look to your site! So lovely xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a shame they don't ship internationally but I hope they do soon because they are a really good brand and I'd like to see more reviews. And I love my new layout too!

      Delete
  6. Looks like a great haul, shame they're not in the UK x
    A Blushing Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I really hope they ship soon!

      Delete
  7. Wow wonderful post, love it! ♥
    Maybe follow for follow? :)

    veronicalucy.blogspot.com
    instagram.com/weronikawachowiec
    facebook.com/veronicalucy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the stretch concealer, soothing face mist, the tint, the balm, and I have tried the masks. I have yet to try the lipstick and cloud paint, but I am dying to buy all the blushers. If you like the Face Mist, I highly recommend the Mario Badescu Rose Facial Spray. It is very similar, but only $7!

    Laila from Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cloud Paint is awesome! Yeah I've heard some wonderful things about the Mario Badescu spray, should've tried that first! I have their exfoliating scrub!

      Delete
  9. I've never heard about this brand. It looks so interesting. I really would like to try this smoothing face mist :) :)

    ReplyDelete