May Beauty Favorites


Wow, we are almost halfway into 2017! Isn't that amazing?! I haven't been wearing a lot of makeup, though I have splurged quite a bit in April, and a teeny bit in May...Cecilio and I are getting more settled in our apartment, so helping him paying rent is always on the back of my mind. I am going to the Sephora VIB Rouge event this coming Saturday to scope out the new fall releases, though it feels like the new products don't really wow me. I'm just going mostly for the experience and since I am a VIB Rouge member, I might as well make the most of it, right?

Here are some of the products I've been loving this May:



Glossier Mint Balm Dotcom
I've been suffering from severely dry, craked lips and this has been my saving grace. It has a soothing minty feel and while it's not a miracle worker, it helps a lot from my lips getting more dry. I wear this (almost) every night and before I leave the apartment. I rotate this and the Murad Soothing Lip Balm.

Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette
I ordered this palette last month and honestly, this is the only palette I have been using in May. It was worth the extra international shipping free, but I'm so excited that Zoeva is coming to Sephora! I won't have to pay extra, and I can finally get my hands on the Caramel Melange palette. This is great for a smoky look but also for everyday wear, and the pigmentation is awesome. It totally flatters all skin tones as well.

NARS Laguna Liquid Bronzer
I've been mostly wearing my beloved Smashbox BB Cream in "Light-Medium", but right now it's a little too light for me since I still have my leftover tan from Mexico. Plus, BB creams tend to be more lightening anyway (with the SPF and the fact that they are originally Korean products where its clientele prefer to be on the fairer side). So I mix the NARS Laguna Liquid Bronzer with the BB cream or other foundations or I use it for bronzing my face, on the apples of my cheeks, my chin and forehead. It works perfectly and prevents the obvious shade difference between my face and neck. I know this is definitely a summer staple, especially because liquid products are better with warmer weather than powder!

Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Color Splash Lipstick (Island Life)
I bought this on a whim at the local Sephora, since it was the only nude shade in the line that flattered my skin tone (it's a medium warm rosy mauve, and it's incredible for women of color). The marble blue packaging is gorgeous, and the formula is creamy and moisturizing. No discomfort here. If you are more into cream formula lipsticks, you have got to check out the lipsticks in this line.

NYX Bright Idea Illuminating Stick (Rose Petal Pop)
You know you love something that much when you feature it in your monthly beauty favorites twice, like how I did in my March Beauty Favorites. What can I say? It's a gorgeous pink shade that flatters my skin tone and is the quintessential spring shade. It's also easy to use, no brush required! You just tap and swipe with your fingers for a quick, flushed glow :)

NYX Away We Glow Liquid Highlighter (Gold Rush)
Yet another product that was previously featured on the March Beauty Favorites (NYX too, no less!) It's just that good. I particularly like this shade because I can use it as a highlighter or under my favorite powder blush for an extra pop. Also, I like how liquid highlighters don't cake up my dry skin like how powder highlighters do.

Clinique Chubby Lash Fattening Mascara
I don't know why this mascara has some mediocre reviews on the Sephora website because I freaking love this. It's extra volumizing and lengthening. I want some drama with my lashes because I have naturally plain ones. Also, it separates the lashes.

What are your favorite beauty products from May?

9 comments :

  1. That Zoeva cocoa palette looks lovely! And I looove the colour theme you've used in your blog!

    -Sophie xx
    Cherries & Perfume ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have not seen that NYX highlighter but then again, I haven't been looking hard for it. I still haven't try anything from Zoeva and I really need to at least buy one of the palettes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Zoeva palette is gorgeous, the shades are so pretty!!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Cocoa Blend palette looks beautiful, and I love the packaging of the Nars liquid bronzer as well. Great post Hannah, thank you for sharing x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin | Blog Sale

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely post - beautiful colours and perfect products for this time of year! Love everything you've featured!! :)

    Hope you're well!

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Tarte lipstick looks so pretty! I have Salt Lyfe and the formula is amazing x can't wait for Zoeva to come to Sephora, I need the Cocoa Blend palette!

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. My lips go really dry too, but the Nuxe lip cream helped me out so much! I would really recommend it. My other favourite products have been the L'oreal Caresse lipstick, I always find myself going back to this :) xx

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nars liquid bronzer looks amazing. I just love your beauty picks :)
    http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2017/05/5-ways-to-suit-yourself-this-summer.html
    http://brandobeauty.uk/5-ways-emerald-trending-summer/

    ReplyDelete
  9. annnnd now my wish list is even longer. this post gives me heart eyes all over the place. Thanks for sharing xX

    ReplyDelete