My Ulta Platinum Perk (20% off) Haul


April is a dangerous month for buying beauty products: not only is the Sephora VIB sale about to start (tomorrow!), but Ulta is currently having the 20% off sales for their Platinum members. To be a Platinum member, you have to spend $450/year, and I think it's worth it more than Sephora VIB because you can also drugstore makeup alongside high end, some essentials (I purchase cotton balls and micellar water there), and avail of the Benefit Brow bar and hair salon.

I decided to splurge on the following:

Peter Thomas Roth Mask Sampler Kit
I've been getting more into skincare and wanting to pamper myself with masks to make my skin look and feel good inside. I've been curious the Peter Thomas Roth masks, especially the Pumpkin Enzyme one (smells divine!), but at $50–$80 a container, I shied away. Thankfully I can try all of them with the mini sample kit for only $25! There are 6 masks: Blue Marine Algae, Rose Stem Cell, 24K Gold, Irish Moor, Cucumber Gel and Pumpkin Enzyme. So far I have only tried the Cucumber Gel and it felt hydrating and cooling on my skin, and I noticed the shrinking of my pores the next morning.

Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter
Cecilio and I moved into our apartment a week and a half ago, and I have to tell you how drying the water is after we take a shower. I tend to have dry skin, but I've never felt so dry as the Sahara and parched until after we moved in. I tend to be lazy with putting on lotion, but not anymore! I can't stand feeling uncomfortable with the dryness. I have been using my Jergens body lotion, but it started getting really greasy on me. I've heard wonderful things about The Righetous Butter, so I decided to buy it! It's recommemnded for very dry skin. It's thicker than the average body lotion, and contains shea butter and some fruits and flowers such as strawberry, peach, musk, amber, jasmine, bergamot and rose. It has fruity candy sort of smell, and my skin feels amazing after slathering it on. I have a feeling that I'm going to run out of this quick and repurchase frequently.

Butter London Plush Rush Lip Gloss (Flirt)
I originally bought the Tarte Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint in the shade "Bling", a medium plum that looked great in the store but I hated under natural light. I can't force myself to like a product, and it was so drying and uncomfortable. I noticed that a lot of people are saying goodbye to liquid lipsticks. While I have a lot of liquid lipsticks, I'm turning back to lip glosses and more comfortable lipstick formulas. So I returned the liquid lipstick for the Butter London lipgloss, since it was the same price anyway. This rosy pink shade is GORGEOUS for spring! I love the shine and lip glosses that are really pigmented too, not just a tint. I also love the tingly, minty feel. It's very moisturizing too, and I notice that my lips are softer after I use it. This is definitely a spring and summer staple of mine.

NYX Plush Gel Lipstick (Karma Kiss)
Like I said, I'm going back to more comfortable, creamy lipsticks. I had to get this bright pinkish red shade, Karma Kiss. It glides on so smoothly and has the perfect amount of pigment.

What are your favorite Ulta or beauty store staples?
Have you tried these products?

7 comments :

  1. I love the righteous butter, it's one of my all time favourite body care products! I don't blame you for purchasing! Thanks for sharing! xx
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie xx
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a worth while splurge! You have to treat yourself from time to time!

    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butter lip gloss looks so pretty, gorgeous color.

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome haul! I'm not at the platinum level yet with Ulta but hopefully it will happen this year haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really your haul! the lip colors are amazing! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wearing normal lipstick again too and am preferring the creamy lipstick over the liquid ones for now. Ulta is finally shipping to Canada but the shipping fee is crazy! $25 is way too high and it's not worth it. :-(

    ReplyDelete