Anti-Wishlist: Beauty Products I won't buy


I have posted a lot of wishlists in this blog, but I've seen others post an Anti-Haul, Anti-Wishlist: where you list products you wouldn't be caught dead buying or wearing. Maybe it's a new product out on the market that everyone is going crazy for but makes you yawn, or maybe it just doesn't go well with your skin tone. Or maybe you don't support the collaboration with the beauty influencer. Whatever it is, there are some products you could probably do without.


For me, it's the following:

Anything from Lime Crime
It seems like Doe Deere, the CEO of Lime Crime has cleaned up her act since her scandal a few years ago since her products are still selling and not many people are bringing it up anymore. I still can't get over it though: I can't support someone who steals and repackages products from other companies, lies about it, talks down on customers, is racist, and steals thousands of dollars from customer's accounts.

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick in "Pillowtalk"
This is an INSANELY popular lipstick among bloggers. I am constantly hearing about it. It's a pretty shade, but I will have to pass. It's too pale for my skin tone and is probably around the same shade as my bare lips themselves. I'd rather get the shades "Walk of Shame" or "Birkin Brown".

Benefit Hoola Bronzer
This bronzer is way too light for me that I might as well buy it as a setting powder since it blends with my skin. And now they have Hoola Lite? Show WoC some love, please! Although, they do with their Dallas Bronzer. However, I do have the Dew the Hoola stick from when I was a Play! by Sephora member and it seems to be a tad darker than the powder version. And I will test it out.

Any matte foundations
I've tried matte foundations such as L'Oreal Pro Matte and MAC Prolongwear, and the result is that I always end up looking cakey. It's not for my dry skin. Matte foundations have a flawless finish for those who have oilier skin. I'd rather just set my foundation with the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder for a matte look without being cakey. I prefer dewey and velvet finishes.

Too Faced Peanut Butter and Honey Palette
I like the concept and the motif: it's cute, but I have wayyyy too many Too Faced palettes already that have shades similar to this (except for the yellow one, Honey Buns). I don't need another one.

What are some beauty products are you not planning on purchasing at all?

4 comments :

  1. I'm loving the rise of the anti-haul! I find posts like this really interesting and they're a great reminder to people that we don't have to buy every single new release. I'm really surprised that Hoola Light has come out without a Hoola Dark. If anything I'd have thought just having the Hoola Dark would have been a better option out of the two. I never got on with Hoola's original shade, but they're since cooled the tone down and it's now fine for my light skin. So why the need for a light!?! Yet there is definitely the need for a dark version. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the first 'anti-wishlist' I've seen but I love it! Such a great idea!

    Britt | http://alternativelyspeaking.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing I know I'm not gonna buy is the new BECCA x Chrissy Teigen face palette. It looks very pretty, but I never use highlighter so it would be a waste.
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Benefit Hoola is a no for me too but for the opposite reason, it pulls waaaayyyy to orange on my skin, I'm really pale but with a yellowy undertone so bronzers can look all kinds of wrong if I'm not careful.

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog
    My Instagram | Instagram

    ReplyDelete