What's in my honeymoon makeup bag?


It's already the 6th of March and this is only my 2nd blog post. I have been meaning to churn some posts for the next few days before the wedding (for those who are first-timers on this blog, my wedding is on the 18th). However, there's so much going on: planning, finalizing, paying A LOT of money, finding an apartment, and then me already packing for the move. It's a lot to take in. And I have a lot of anxiety as to whether Cecilio and I will get accepted into an apartment, especially this amazing (and affordable) 2-bedroom apartment within our price range that we toured this past Saturday. I am also struggling with finding time to exercise, and now we are already having guests coming. My uncle is coming in later from Manila. 


I am so so looking forward to the wedding. But what I am also really excited about leaving the planning, stress and anxiety behind and sipping margaritas, being a mermaid in the water, and canoodling with Cecilio not as a boyfriend or fiance...but as a HUSBAND! We are going to Playa del Carmen, Mexico. I am ready to bask in the sun. We've had nonstop heavy rain for the past 2 months in California, which has helped with our drought immensely. The sun has been opening up more, but then it may rain again for the next few days. It even started hailing earlier. 

Because Playa is on the Caribbean side of Mexico (an hour south of Cancun), it's going to be warmer and more humid. So my makeup bag is really light and tight. I don't want the makeup to be sweating off my face. I don't even think I will be wearing makeup during the daytime since we will be doing a lot of tours and activities that involve the water and tons of walking. I will be saving the glam for dinnertime. So my beauty routine will be pretty low-maintenance.

Here's what I am bringing for our honeymoon (and best of all? They all fit in that little ipsy bag):

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream
This BB cream has been my jam. I bought the full-sized version in 2014, but I received it again in one of my recent ipsy glambags. I remember why I love it: great coverage (it even covers my redness more than some of my heavier foundations), lightweight and natural, and has an SPF of 35. That SPF is a must!

Hard Candy Cheeky Tints Sheer Blush Gel (Diva)
Powders and heat don't go well together, and I prefer gel and cream makeup products for a more nautrally flushed look that seeps in your skin. The Hard Candy sheer blushes are amazingly pigmented and give me that healthy glow,

Benefit Gimme Brow
I'm thankful to have the naturally thick brows I do, because I can just enhance them but adding a few strokes with this. Plus, I'm not going for the overly-made up, dramatic brows here!

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner
I'm going pretty light on the eye makeup, but I want to make a statement with a bold cat eye here. And this is insanely long-lasting and won't budge.

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Mascara (Waterproof)
I want fuller, thicker, and longer lashes. The Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam never disappoints, even the regular version. But of course, I want them to last all day. Which is why I was so happy to have rediscovered this in my stash.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows ("Barely Branded" and "Bad to the Bronze"
No huge palettes here! I just need these 2 simple shades. You can use one or blend both on the lid for the crease, and definitely use "Bad to the Bronze' as a crease.

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Even if my eye makeup will be easy peasy, this will keep the eyeshadows in their place. This is my absolute essential item.

FRESH Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment (Passion)
I love this buttery balm for my painfully dry lipstick. It' alleviates the dryness, has amazing pigmentation for a lip balm, and has SPF 35!

Clinique Pop Matte Lip Colour + Primer (Rose Pop)
Okay, even if I am having an easygoing, active, beach honeymoon, I still want lipstick. Especially bright lipstick that matches the sunshine and tropical atmosphere. And nothing drying, please. The new Clinique Pop matte lipsticks fit the bill. They are matte formula, but much more on the creamier side than MAC or any liquid lipsticks.

I mustn't forget that I need biodegradable sunscreen (in this post, I talk about its importance and why most tourist spots in Mexico require it vs. regular sunscreen). I also purchased a Murad lip balm that is way more hydrating and healing than my Bite Agave lip mask. I better not lose it!

Ok, so it's 4 am. I have to get to sleep and rest up for the next 12 days.

Thanks for reading,

14 comments :

  1. Have an amazing honeymoon! I've never been to Mexico, can't wait to go. I still haven't picked up the Hard Candy cheek tints but I've been meaning to !

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You should look for them, they look and feel amazing!

      Delete
  2. I never have any luck with Rimmel mascaras but so many love them! And yay to honeymoon, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great recommendations! Have a fantastic time on your honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you! I am sure you'll have an amazing time! I love your product picks, of course. They're mostly my favorite brand. I've never tried Smashbox bb cream though because it is more expensive than my usual bb cream price range. The only brand I am not familiar of is Fresh. It's the first time I've heard of this brand, to be honest.

    - Gretch GG Memochou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!! Fresh is exclusively a brand in Sephora in the US, lol. They sell skincare and their specialty is lip balms!

      Delete
  5. Don't think about blogging, I hardly posted anything before&after the wedding. It is always so much stress and the last thing you want is an extra stress. Good luck with the flat, I hope you get it. I'm sure you will have such a great time, stay calm :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been a bit overwhelmed finishing DIY projects, talking to my vendors, looking for a place to live while blogging. But you showed me that it's ok to take a break and come back stronger! I will keep calm :)

      Delete
  6. I hope that you get the apartment you love hun, it sounds amazing! :) Lovely list of essentials, I can see a lot of my favourites here. I too couldn't live without the Primer Potion, it just makes the world of difference to your eyeshadow! I never used to understand the hype behind eyeshadow primers, until I discovered that one, haha. Thank you for sharing! So excited for the wedding xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I don't know how I did eyeshadow with the Primer Potion. The difference is night and day. And thanks for the well wishes <3

      Delete
  7. Aah, I hope you have a lovely honeymoon when it comes around, I'm sure you'll have a fab time! The clinque lipstick looks amazing, and good luck on the flat, I'm sure everything will work out :) xxx

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. your honeymoon sounds like a dream! enjoy every minute with your HUSBAND. xX

    ReplyDelete