March Beauty Favorites + Obvious Life Updates


Hello beauties!

March has been a whirlwind of a month for me. For those who have been following my blog, you know that I got married on the 18th to the love of my life, my best friend whom I have known for 10 years and dated for 8 years. 2 days after the wedding, we went to Playa del Carmen, Mexico for our honeymoon. It was a week's worth of swimming, relaxation, adventure, and eating amazing food. Expect a few upcoming posts in regards to the wedding and honeymoon soon, and definitely expect the professional photos when we get them in May. I also shopped for Mexican makeup brands, so I will be posting about a haul in a bit. Oh, can I mention that during our whole stay in Mexico, my lips were insanely soft and moisturized? I did not have a single flake or chapped lip. Now in Northern California, I'm suffering again. The humidity there was pretty good for my lips. I could go on and on about how soft, plump and healthy my lips felt.

Oh, and now our wedding coordinator found my blog because I posted our food tasting day onto the Facebook Page and tagged the restaurant, whom in turn shared my post. So she brought it up during our last meeting, and has been so excited to read the upcoming posts about the wedding. Also, my cousin Johanna found out about this blog when I tagged Cecilio on a few of my photos using our wedding hashtag #chsugarforever on Instagram, and she started following it. As much as I try to keep this blog a secret in person, I don't mind that they know. If it was an immediate family member or someone I knew from high school, then that would make me shudder.


I talked about how Cecilio and I have been apartment hunting in my honeymoon makeup bag post. While we could still afford the 2-bedroom apartment, we wanted to stay more frugal and opt for the 1-bedroom apartment instead (and use the extra money for other things, like bills, buying a new car for me, or saving for a house). Well, 3 days before the wedding we got the email that we were both accepted into the 1-bedroom apartment! We went to the leasing office on the 16th to sign some paperwork, but our move in day is on April 7. So for now, Cecilio and I are switching off between staying at each of our respective parents' houses. I'm dying to move and claim our freedom. I also have a blogger event to go to on April 8 (my first one).

I wasn't wearing a lot of makeup for the first half of March because I've just been too busy and tired (though I did splurge, oops). Now I am experimenting a bit. Here are some of the products I've been loving this month:

NYX Away We Glow Liquid Highlighter (Gold Rush)
I bought 2 of the new NYX Away We Glow Liquid Highlighters which come in a cylinder tube and doe-footed applicator form. They are pretty subtle but you can build them up for a more intense glow.   I love the wand, it's perfect for controlling where exactly you want to highlight your face, even in the small crevices (like the inner corner of your eye or the cupid's bow). The shade "Gold Rush" is a rose gold shade more suited for tan skin, and this is perfect since I became a few shades darker from Mexico. It's also nice to use under a powder blush for a more intense look.

NYX Bright Idea Illuminating Stick (Rose Petal Pop)
I got this from the Spring 2017 Beautycon Box and this is actually a luminous blush I will be using a lot for the spring and summer. I love the pigmentation and creamy formula, and it gives me the healthy, glow cheeks I always want. 

Clinique Pop Matte Lip Colour (Rose Pop)
Now that Spring is here, I'm so excited to whip out my bright pink lipsticks! I brought this lipstick to Mexico and wore it on dinner nights out with Cecilio. It looks gorgeous with my new tan, and honestly, it's really creamy and comfortable despite it being labeled as a matte lipstick. But like I said, my lips were incredibly soft and comfortable in Mexico, and I had no issues with flaking.

L'oreal Colour Riche Le Gloss (Violet Attitude)
My wedding makeup artist gave this to me as a gift for retouching lip color. She applied a berry stain on my lips and applied this gloss over to make me more comfortable, since she knew I had the bad case of dry lips. This is more on the sheer side and I'm more into pigmented lip glosses, but it still had a tint of color. It reminded me of the Lancome Juicy Tubes. I brought this with me on the honeymoon too, and applied it whenever I could throughout the day. I think it helped make my lips soft and moisturized :)

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara
I overlooked this mascara. I finally opened it after receiving it when I was a Play! by Sephora subscriber last year (for just a few months) and I am in love! It really thickens and curls my lashes. Now I am torn between this and the Too Faced Better than Sex mascara.

Sinful Colors Nail Polish (Queen of Green)
I reviewed this as a part of the St. Patrick's Day nails post, comparing it to Julep nail polish in "Cher". I honestly like this one better because it's more affordable, lasts longer, has a better brush (similar to OPI brushes), and is more metallic.

Ultra Femme Powder Blush (Cabos)
I bought this gorgeous deep coral blush in Mexico. Ultra Femme is a beauty department store that sells high-end brands like YSL, Dior, Chanel, etc. but they have their own affordable beauty brand. This blush was only 149 pesos ($7.96 USD). My Mexican beauty haul had a few duds, but this blush is my favorite. It has finely milled shimmer that makes me look glowing, and it looks great all year, but especially for the spring and summer.


Givenchy Dahlia Noir Eau de Parfum
Last but not least is this fragrance I wore for the wedding. Burgundy dahlias were one of my main flowers, and our colors were burgundy, blush pink, gold and cream. It also matched the settings of the ceremony and reception (Episcopal church with stained glass and gold accents, warm toned hotel ballroom). It was a strong, dramatic scent, like my dress. It is also great for the fall. It's floral and earthy at the same time. This fragrance has notes of pink pepper, Mandarin, cedrat, rose, peach, cedarwood, sandalwood, vanilla and amber.

How has everyone been so far in the blogosphere?
What have been your beauty and lifestyle favorites this past March?

8 comments :

  1. Your beauty favourites look great! Especially that nail polish colour :)
    http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2017/03/80s-power-dressing.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the bright lip colors you featured, they're so perfect for the spring and summer! And congrats on your marriage!!

    Jenny // Geeky Posh

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many lovely products here. I need to try the NYX Bright Idea Illuminating Stick, it is so pretty!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, congratulations on your wedding! It sounds so lovely 💖
    These are very good recs, thank you for posting them. I especially love Nyx products as they're affordable and performs well!

    xo, Gillan

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Clinique lip colour looks so pretty, come to think of it I don't really have any lipsticks or anything even like that from Clinique!

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not seen those NYX products in store where I work and I'm dying to give them a swatch. Hopefully I'll have better luck with them...haven't been really blown away by NYX products recently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Bright Idea Illuminating Sticks! I have mine in Maui Suntan to use as a bronzer, and I'm actually thinking about getting it in Champagne Shimmer (I think that's the color name) as a highlight. The formula is so nice, and it's really convenient as a stick too.

    Sam | My Beauty Cloud

    ReplyDelete