JUST MARRIED


It's 1:15 am right now and I'm pretty bleary eyed, and I'm blogging through the Blogger app on my phone (which keeps kicking me out) instead of my laptop. So my pictures aren't at the 550 px you're used to seeing. I'm in my husband's (I'm still adjusting to saying that) house...or will I say, his parents' house...we are just finishing up the last bits of packing to go to Mexico in a few hours.



Last night was amazing. It was everything I dreamed of and more. I was surprisingly calm in the morning, despite the last few days of stress stress stress. Then when it was my turn to get my hair and makeup done, my stomach was getting knotted up from nerves and tension. Things got crazy a bit afterwards and I was starting to stress out because of time, even though everyone kept reassuring me we were right on schedule. Then, I went to meet Cecilio for our first look, and we both teared up. The stress melted away seeing him even for a few minutes. As he left and the limo picked me, my mom and bridesmaids up, I started to get nervous again. Bart, my mom's partner, walked me down the aisle...despite me worrying about being the center of attention, I took it all in and savored every moment. When we said our vows to each other, we both were quivering, trying to hold back tears. It was a beautiful, powerful ceremony. Then came the constant picture taking afterwards, which I started to get a little annoyed at because my feet were in so much pain. Thank goodness my cousin lent me her flats for the rest of the night. We got to take more photos in our hotel, and take a breather in our room while spending a few minutes with guests during cocktail hour. Then we went up a few floors for our reception.

We got introduced by our DJ/MC. I felt so bad about not finishing my dinner and hardly eating because I was just too in awe of everything around me and everyone that was there. Our final count came down to the mid-high 110s because we had a lot of people cancel at the last minute, or just not show up without telling us.It felt like the intimate wedding I really wanted because Cecilio and I got to go to every table, say hi to everyone and take pictures with them. Then came the wonderful speeches from our parents, Cecilio's Best Man (and best friend) Carlos, and my Matron of Honor, Trixie.

Then we cut the cake! I wish I had more of that cake. It was so delicious.

We did our first dance to "Inevitable" by Anberlin, the band that had so much meaning to us during our relationship (and whom we've seen 5 times in SF). We took dance lessons for it for 2 months but we were so nervous and messed up. I didn't care anymore.

Then came all of the dancing! There was so much dancing and photo booth picture taking. I'm a bit sad that the DJ didn't play all of the songs that we requested but it's ok. He went above and beyond to make our day amazing, and it made me feel so good when people said that our wedding was the most fun they have ever been to.


I'm just so thankful for those who came near and far to witness us become husband and wife, and that our relationships with family and friends strengthened because of it. I feel like this will make us closer. I was not the shy shrinking violet I thought I would be.

I'm so looking forward to start this journey with Cecilio. It's going to be rough at times, but it'll also be beautiful!

Thank you guys so much for reading play posts and following my journey through our engagement! I've been dying to blog about this. Now I can't wait to relax in Mexico!

Love,
Hannah

10 comments :

  1. Congratulations!!! I wish you all the happiness in the world! Your dress is gorgeous, I love the lace detail. Have fun in Mexico and make sure to write a post on your honeymoon as well, I would love to see pictures from Mexico!! :)

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! I am so so happy for you both!!! :) Glad to hear that you had such an amazing night, and honestly hun, you look absolutely stunning, wow!!! Sorry for all these exclamation marks, can't help but get really excited! :D Thank you for sharing these news with us, and all the love and support to you and Cecilo on your new journey!! xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big congratulations to the both of you, you look beautiful! It sounds like you have a had a lovely wedding! I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon. :) x
    http://ablushingbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to the both of you! It sounds like a beautiful ceremony and wishing the both of you all the happiness in the world!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Hannah, I'm so happy for you two! You look so happy and beautiful :) Have an amazing honeymoon, I'm jealous here in snowy Michigan x

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you guys, again, congratulations! Enjoy your honeymoon and I can't wait to hear all about it! :)
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to the both of you!!! I was so in awe reading this post, it gave me all the feels and I feel incredibly happy for you both, having followed your journey. You look beyond stunning Hannah, and I'm so so happy that everything came together perfectly and that it was everything you both dreamed for. Here's to many many years to come <3

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, such a beautiful couple. Your dress looked magical. X

    Amy - http://amyevans.blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to you both! You look so beautiful and Cecilio looks very handsome. Your dress is gorgeous and I'm so glad that you didn't feel overwhelmed about being the centre of attention. I had the same problem with photos - my ankles ended up really hurting. I got in a play strop and announced that if my siblings weren't going to turn up that minute for their photo, I was jolly well going to sit down right where I was! The photographer clearly understood this was code for 'my joints hurt!' and had me sit down anyway. So we have a lovely photo of Dan, my siblings and I (and my Dad, who photobombed us) all sat on the grass! Im so glad your cousin lent you her flats - what a life saver! Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
  10. YOUR DRESS. you. are. perfection! so excited for you both in this new adventure! xX

    ReplyDelete