The 5-minute makeup menu with 5 products

quick and easy makeup routine if you have no time

No time? No problem.


I have not been wearing a lot of makeup lately (save for a few special occasions like Valentine's Day), but I had a CPR/First Aid class last Saturday and I wanted to doll up a little bit. I know, that is the most random time to primp yourself. But I make the excuse, I need to do this for the blog! How can I review this if I don't show my face?!

But I woke up fairly late and barely had time to eat a Larabar and a cup of coffee. Next thing you know, it was 10 minutes before the class and I was still at home. Knowing I couldn't prime, wear foundation, all the works, I still wanted to throw a quick and easy routine and share it with you guys. Here's what I wore, and it's the best for those "couldn't care less" days.

Instead of wearing primer and foundation, I opted to dab my Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream all over my face. Since BB Cream is a primer+foundation+moisturizer+sunscreen all in one, it cuts into a lot of time for prep, while giving me even skin and medium coverage.

Rather than wearing contour/blush/highlight, I decided to just stick to highlighter to make my face look awake and glowing. I used the Jordana Glow N' Go Creamy Strobing Stick (in Radiant Glow), and draw it over my cheekbones, on the bridge of my nose and a bit on my chin. The crayon stick form makes it extremely easy to use. Best of all, it is a subtle, natural looking highlight. No greasy disco ball look here!

Since I am pretty lucky to have thicker eyebrows, I just filled in 2–3 layers of Benefit Gimme Brow over my brows to give them a fuller look and frame my face more, especially because I was wearing glasses.

I wore Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam Mascara on my upper and lower lashes. This is my holy grail mascara because it lengthens, thickens, and curls. This is the Too Faced Better than Sex dupe.

I couldn't be bothered with lipstick, but I've been wearing my now favorite lip gloss, Anastasia Beverly Hills (Warm Bronze). It's a deep warm dusty rose that looks amazing on all skin tones, but especially those with medium–dark skin. I love ABH lip glosses because they are so creamy, pigmented and nonsticky. The only thing I don't like is the lack of longevity, but that's to be expected with lip glosses.

What is your 5-minute (or less routine)? What techniques do you do to cut time?

quick and easy makeup routine if you have no time

5 comments :

  1. Amazing post, dear! Looks wonderful :)
    Hugs,
    LIANA LAURIE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wearing almost no makeup for days too but recently received a lot of makeup to try so I'm back with full face makeup. Beofe that I was using concealer under my eyes, eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 5-minute routine would consist of: a lightweight foundation applied with my fingers (which is actually what I always do), concealer, bronzer, mascara, brow mascara, and tinted lip balm.
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you don't always need a brush or a sponge!

      Delete