Physicians Formula #InstaReady Full Coverage Concealer

Physicians Formula #InstaReady Full Coverage Concealer, Physicians Formula #InstaReady, Physicians Formula

I was scrolling on my Facebook page a few months ago, and saw an article from Allure Magazine about the new Physicians Formula #InstaReady Full Coverage Concealer. I was reading about how affordable it was and how it banished dark circles. Had an inadequate night's of sleep? This has you covered (no pun intended). I screenshotted the article for reference since I was interested. As I was walking around Rite-Aid (my new pharmacy for now), I found them! The price was pretty steep for the drugstore at $10.99 and 0.35 oz, but I figured that it wasn't too bad considering that it came with a pink sponge, like a mini beautyblender.


Physicians Formula #InstaReady Full Coverage Concealer, Physicians Formula #InstaReady, Physicians Formula

This concealer contains reflective beads, pigments, and polymers to blur and mattify skin while decreasing the appearance of dark circles. It also has SPF 30.

It only comes in 3 shades: fair, light, and medium. I opted for medium, and was annoyed with the lack of shade ranges for those with darker skin. I am a big advocate of WoC-friendly beauty brands, and it's disappointing to see when new products have extremely limited shades for dark skin. However, there were some reviews on the Ulta website where the fair shade was still too dark for them.

One of the reasons I wanted to get this concealer was because it came in a pump, which seemed to me like a dupe for MAC Prolongwear Concealer. When I had my bridal hair/makeup trial in November, my makeup artist used that for my under eyes. I don't know what kind of wizardry she did, but it completely hid my dark circles and made me look younger! As if I already don't look baby-faced enough. I should've asked her what shade she used on me. So I took the plunge and decided to buy the Physician's Formula concealer. I am pretty let down and I need to be honest, but I really want to like it...

First of all, the pump is very awkward and no matter how hard you push it down, you can't for the first few attempts. And then when you finally push it down, it squirts out A LOT of product. Like, equivalent to a pump of foundation.

Physicians Formula #InstaReady Full Coverage Concealer, Physicians Formula #InstaReady, Physicians Formula

I would've been ok with the design and the packaging, even if it wasn't annoying. But I felt like when I applied this on, it made my under eye area look more cakey. Trust me, I tried to apply as thin as possible. It looks grey when I apply it on bare, so I patted on the BECCA Backlight Targeted Colour Corrector (Peach). I was applying extremely thinly on both the color corrector and concealer so that there wouldn't be cakiness. I found that while using both hid my dark circles wonderfully, it accentuated my pores. Granted, I do have a milia under my eyes and I have been slacking with my skincare routine (despite a desire to focus on more on skincare and exfoliating). I set it with my Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder and it just looks worse. I don't have this problem when I use the NYX Dark Circle Concealer. I sometimes wonder what's wrong because there was another review that said that the MAC Prolongwear made them look cakey, but not this.

This product has great potential and I'm sure there are others who look amazing with it. And it can't be beat for the price, especially because it comes with a sponge. But with how difficult it is to pump and the cakiness (on me personally), I would give this a pass. I do like how it does have great coverage though. If you were to take a picture of me wearing this far away, I'd look flawless. But up close, you can see the bumps popping and the nooks and crannies of my fine lines. Not a good look, and I will spare you guys the disgusting look of it.

Have you ever tried Physician Formula's concealers?
What is your favorite concealer for dark circles?

20 comments :

  1. I've never used the concealer but I've tried two different foundations of theirs and didn't like either of them.
    Xojohnnielynn

    www.xojohnnielynn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience with their foundations!

      Delete
  2. Nice review, I hate when foundation dry your skin and I call it like I have a flour on my face effect. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah...that reminds me of the "baking" trend..lol!

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried this, so sad to hear it performed badly.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I hate the Physicians Formula never caters to darker skin tones! Some of their foundations only come in two shades.

    Beauty From Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is terrible. If they want to make more money, they need to reach a bigger demographic.

      Delete
  5. That's a shame, sounds like a miss to me. The dispenser is so wasteful and the shades are pitiful. Thank you for sharing, I was so gutted when I realised their highly raved about Butter Bronzer only comes in one shade that wouldn't work for my skin colour, it's a shame that their other products are just as one dimensional. Thank you for sharing your experience, hope you have a wonderful weekend Hannah xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, that reminds me of how the Benefit Hoola bronzer matches my skin tone so I wouldn't be able to use it. That's why I have the Dallas bronzer! I hope you have a great start of the week!

      Delete
  6. What a shame about the packaging as it sounded so promising. Thank you for sharing with us xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, it was one of the worst packaging I have ever experienced.

      Delete
  7. I do not use concealers because every time I try, it usually it makes the imperfection more obvious. I like products with pumps, I prefer pumps because they're more hygienic, but I really hate how you can't control how much product comes out. It's too bad you didn't quite get the result you were hoping for. I think the mini beauty blender is a nice deal, though.

    - Gretch of GG Memochou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never used concealers on my pimples for that reason too!

      Delete
  8. I've been using a garnier eye roller for the past five years and love it. It doesn't give thaaaat much coverage but is so quick and easy.

    xx, Pia
    http://gymbagsandjetlags.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should try that or the Maybelline Age Rewind!

      Delete
  9. I've never tried anything from Physician's Formula and now I'm definitely not tempted to try this concealer.
    Lately I've been loving Glossier's Stretch Concealer. It doesn't have much coverage but it's very moisturizing and my dry under-eye area just loves it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, don't. I have been wanting to try a lot of Glossier's stuff though!

      Delete
  10. I only buy PF products when there's a huge sale and thankfully the store I work at usually has 40% twice a year. I like the booster bronzer but I wish they have better shade range as most of the stuff are too light for me and I'm medium skin tone!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you're lucky to be scoring all those discounted items! Yeah, I'm gonna steer clear from them for that reason.

      Delete