My Bridal Shower


This past Saturday, I was showered with love by my mom, sister, future mother and sisters in laws, and friends.


On Friday, I picked up my dress from David's Bridal's alterations department while my mom was shopping for decor. She then surprised me with a headband with a veil and a sash to wear. She said that she knew I wouldn't like the tiara, LOL!

My future mother-in-law (FMIL) decorated some adorable DIY projects for the party, and they are definitely keepsakes for our future apartment. My future sister-in-law, Carmela (also one of my bridesmaids), played bartender and made White Russians for us. And my sister Trixie (my matron of honor), baked the cupcakes. We also had delicious food: sushi, pancit (Filipino noodles), and chicken wings!


Red velvet and s'mores cupcakes...yum!!

The favor bags my mom put together: in it were soaps, Shea Moisture lotions, chocolate and socks.


Sisters rocking MAC lipsticks (I'm wearing D for Danger, Trixie is wearing Ruby Woo)




Then we played some bridal shower games and I opened my gifts. I had some sweet gifts such as pajamas (that I will pack for my honeymoon!), a Michael Kors jewelry set from my sister's friend Camille, a quilt that my FMIL made that said "Hannah U. (I won't put my full maiden name in case if someone looks me up and finds this blog) Padilla", and a pizza stone and pizza cutter from my friends Nalee and Naree (they bought them together off of my Bed Bath and Beyond Registry). Our family friend Edita gave me a huge wedding gift that I won't open yet :) The ladies also went around to give me marital advice. I love hearing great nuggets of wisdom from other women. The advice was geared towards communication. Though Cecilio and I have strong communication skills as a couple, it's also a good reminder from different parties too.

My mom and I


Cecilio came over afterward when the party was done. I was so so happy to see him and bond with him.

It's now less than 3 weeks until the wedding. I'm not going to lie: I'm really overwhelmed, nervous and scared. I want to be with Cecilio, and there's no doubt in my mind about that. And yes I'm worried about the little things that could go wrong on the wedding day, though I shouldn't. I also have some terrorizing fears, such as getting a seizure or dropping dead. I know it's very unreasonable, but I always hear stories about that and worry that it'll happen to me. My sister's best friend, Noelle, all of a sudden had an aneurism in November and passed away a week later. She was so so excited about this wedding, and I know she would've totally gone to this bridal shower in a heartbeat.

I guess I am still traumatized about that and I also think of my dad, and how he would've felt about this whole wedding. My sister said that he would've been so happy and emotional because he loved Cecilio.

I'm also happy to start a new chapter in my life, but I am scared. It's going to be completely different for both of us. We are both 27/28 and still living at home. Then again, most of my friends are living at home too. It's something I've always been ashamed about, because I feel like I "should've" moved out at a younger age. I almost did too, to transfer to a university out of town. But I decided to transfer to the local university and commute. It was all in God's plan because it was in university that I started getting really sick, and when my dad died from cancer. I needed to spend my remaining time with him. And my mom and younger sister (who has autism) needs me. I helped them out in a lot of the errands my dad used to do.

I can't help but wonder though, if I moved out earlier, would I have taken this transition easier? Cecilio wonders the same thing. He almost transferred to a university out of high school, but failed a class and was forced to go to community college, where we met.

I know that know matter how new, out of my comfort zone, and scary it seems...I only want to go through this with him. Everything that could've ripped as apart pulled us in closer. I want to walk this path with him. And I know that no matter how tough things may seem, we will be OK.

I'm thankful for this party and that the wonderful women who threw it for me. I feel so loved and pampered. And I feel so loved by the blogging community. All of your comments and encouragement make me feel so loved and warm inside. Each and every one of you mean so much to me. And I thank you for taking the time to read about my marriage journey or makeup talks. <3

11 comments :

  1. Darling, this was such a beautiful and heartfelt post, I almost teared up a little by the end. :') The way you talk about Cecilo is just so honest, beautiful and pure. I wish all the best to both of you, I hope that your wedding day is the most beautiful day of your life and I am wishing you all the most wonderful things on your new journey together. You both just look so happy and radiant, it makes me so happy just looking at you! :) And it sounds like you had a lovely time at the shower, how sweet of your family to throw such a fab surprise party for you! <3 <3 Less than 3 weeks now, eek! I am genuinely super excited for you, hun. <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad you enjoyed this post <3 thank you so much for your love and support! It was really wonderful!

      Delete
  2. This looks and sounds like a beautiful celebration and you are well love by many, both in real life and by the online community. It's always a scary thought when you are about to start a new chapter in life but love, hope and faith will always get you through it.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the love and encouragement!

      Delete
  3. Woah, I loved reading this, it sounded amazing and I'm so glad you had a lovely time. I can't believe it's only a handful of weeks away, you're going to look absolutely amazing, eep, I cannot wait! Have a lovely day :)

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can't believe how close it's getting too! I hope you have a great evening over there!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful surprise for you and you look so happy! I know the stress you're going through, I was exactly the same and I was having weird worries and making myself stressed. Don't do that! Just think about the good things, you don't need more stress at the moment but positive energy. Little decisions we take in life brings us to where we are now. I am sure you two will have an amazing life together and will be so happy. Now just leave all these worries away and think about the good things!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's just thousands of worries snowballing up until the day. I am more primarily concerned about health issues that could go wrong. Thank you for all of your love and encouragement!

      Delete
  5. You look radiant, Hannah! (I love the look of D For Danger, by the way!)
    I'm sure everything will go great and you'll love starting your new life with Cecilio. :)
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope today was everything you dreamed it would be-- you both deserve it! I am so, so happy for you. Reading this post brought tears to my eyes remembering my bridal shower and all the nerves that I was overwhelmed with... but the wedding day is just so, so special. Girl, I am beyond joyful for both of you xX

    ReplyDelete