Beauty Wishlist Wednesday


I'm patting myself on the back right now for not buying any beauty product in February. Except, I am going to need some makeup remover wipes. February is the month of final payments for my wedding, and Cecilio and I searching for an apartment or house. We are going to keep our Valentines Day/8 year anniversary very simple. Except, my idea of a fun date at the moment is going to SF and playing Pokemon at Pier 39, and going to Toppings (Filipino restaurant in the Bay Area) and order sizzling sisig, one of my favorite dishes. The sisig at the Filipino restaurant in Sacramento sucks.

But I'd rather we take it really easy and have a nice, home-cooked meal. I know that on Valentine's Day, Cecilio and I have another private dance lesson for our first dance. We've had so much fun with that. Dancing helps us keep our mind off of the stresses going on in our lives (wedding planning, my mom wanting to add more people to the guest list when I'm constantly reminding her that the space is limited, exercising and panicking about my wedding/honeymoon body, searching for an apartment, job hunting, paying bills, the possibility of me being the caregiver for my autistic younger sister, etc.)

With the exception of makeup removers, biodegradable sunscreen, and facial mist (all of which are my honeymoon beauty essentials), the Tarte teeth whitener (I purchased it on my last Sephora haul of 2016, but my dogs chewed on it), I will be doing a makeup ban until after I come back from the honeymoon. Before you know it, the Sephora VIB Rouge sale will roll around. So any beauty reviews I post will be from products I purchased in the last few months.

There are a few things I have been jonesing for the past few months though:


Petit Vour Subscription
Now I mostly have products from conventional beauty brands, but I have a few from eco-friendly brands. I have been more interested in green beauty, and Petit Vour is a one-of-a-kind green beauty subscription box. They give out makeup, skincare products, and nail polish. Green beauty doesn't mean boring, and I love how they choose the brands with beautiful packaging while keeping it environmentally friendly. Best of all, it's very reasonable at $15/month.

Stila Matte 'n Metal Eyeshadow Palette
When I saw this new palette released in December, my jaw dropped. It has unique shades that are a mixture of warm and cool, and are dark enough for my skin tone. The possibilities of looks are endless with this palette!

YSL Black Opium
When I first took a whiff of it, I wasn't wowed with the mild scent. But when I left the mall and hours went by, I was so impressed with how long the scent lingered and how sweet and earthy it was. This is a wonderful fragrance for fall and winter. The thing that draws me to this fragrance is that it has coffee notes.

MAC Flat Out Fabulous
I feel conflicted because I just mentioned that I am interested in green beauty, but I am turned off with the fact that MAC tests on animals. I've always loved the shade Flat Out Fabulous, one of their Retro Matte lipsticks. Between this and the other Retro Matte shade All Fired Up, I chose the latter.

ELF Mad for Matte Palette 2
I've never been impressed with ELF palettes until I saw the new Mad for Matte Palette 2. Oh my gosh, I love the warm, rich, jewel-toned shades! Especially the purple and brown ones toward the right. This seems extremely versatile too.

Pixi Glow Tonic
This is one of the most-raved about skincare products in the blogosphere. I can see why: it's affordable, gentle, eco-friendly, and works well on most skin types. I want to try and see how it works on my dry skin. But first, I have to finish my Andalou Naturals Toner first.

What beauty product have you been eyeing on?
Have you been doing any beauty bans lately?

7 comments :

  1. I've been wanting YSL Black Opium too! But I can't afford it :( I had a little tester pot for a while and found the same thing! I did find a dupe but it doesn't last as long :( x

    Victoria | VictoriaaHelenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wanting the PIXI glow tonic for ages and finally got a bottle, when you manage to get your hands on it, I'd love to read your thoughts on it, I am so in love with it! Have a lovely weekend :)

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Stila palette looks amazing! The shades are beautiful and there would be so many different looks you could create with it. Only bought essential makeup products in 2016, like mascara when I ran out. This year I've got a little money coming in, so I've decided to treat myself to one new makeup product a month, as a treat for getting through my period with PMS! It's a living hell, but having something to look forward to is helping. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same here! Just yesterday I asked my manager when are we getting the new elf releases because I need to get my hands on Mad for Matte Palette 2!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing more about your wedding. So exciting!! I hope you'll do a blog post with pictures on it :). I've always wanted to give YSL Black Opium a whiff. I always forget to when I see it in stores. Definitely going to next time I see it! I'm also on a spending ban at the moment. Gonna save up for that spring VIB sale at Sephora haha

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Stila eyeshadow palette looks gorgeous, I love the shades and yes, the looks you can create with this one are endless! I wish I could find the Elf products somewhere here or to be able to order them online, I know I am missing out.

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive been wanting YSL Black Opium for a long time! The still eyeshadow palette looks amazing! Some great products here thanks for sharing!

    Darriyan xo
    www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete