Winter 2016 Beautycon Box ft. Dulce Candy

Winter 2016 Beautycon Box, Beauty Con, Dulce Candy, Luxie Beauty Rose Tapered Highlighting Brush #552, ColourPop Beautycon LippyStix, Rimmel The Only 1 Pink a Punch, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, Artist Couture Illuminati Diamond Glow Powder, loreal voluminous lash primer, loreal voluminous female mascara, skinvolve body karate cream, kate somerville exfolikate intensive exfoliating treatment, biobelle botanic fiber facial mask

Although I am makeup-obsessed, I'm pretty particular when it comes which YouTube guru I follow. I find some of them a bit wacko or overly-perky. There is one exception, and that is Dulce Candy. She is one of my favorite Youtube gurus, so when I found out that she curated the Winter 2016 Beautycon Box and saw the products, I knew I had to get it.


I love Dulce Candy for her enthusiasm and passion for beauty, and dedication to her family. Her life story fascinates me too: how she went from being in the Army to one of Youtube's biggest beauty stars, her struggles with depression, how she found faith in Jesus, and how she met Hillary Clinton last year. Plus, we almost have the same skin tone so it helps watching her whenever I'm in search for a lipstick shade. And, we both have moles all over our faces, which is something I'm incredibly insecure about yet somehow she owns them.

Winter 2016 Beautycon Box, Beauty Con, Dulce Candy, Luxie Beauty Rose Tapered Highlighting Brush #552, Rimmel The Only 1 Pink a Punch, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer

Beautycon Box is a quarterly subscription box that is curated by some of the hottest Youtube stars such as grav3yard girl, Bethany Mota, and Kandee Johnson. It's more expensive than other beauty boxes at $29 (and you actually have to pay for shipping here), but you get your box seasonally, and you get much more products than the average box. As you can see in the photo above, it's almost like getting a care package! 

Because I bought this in full price and forgot to avail of some of the coupons from My Subscription Addiction or trendmood1, and because you pay for shipping and taxes, I ended up spending $38.87. The shipping was extremely quick though: I purchased it on December 27, it shipped on December 28, and I received it on December 30. But then again, it was shipped from Southern California, so it would get delivered to me quicker than the average person. It only ships in the US (but according to their website, will hopefully ship internationally in the future). Sorry to those in Canada, Europe and Australia!

Beautycon Box is heavily social-media based (obviously), they really encourage reviews, Instagram posts, YouTube unboxing, and tweets.

Winter 2016 Beautycon Box, Beauty Con, Dulce Candy, Luxie Beauty Rose Tapered Highlighting Brush #552, ColourPop Beautycon LippyStix, Rimmel The Only 1 Pink a Punch, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, Artist Couture Illuminati Diamond Glow Powder, loreal voluminous lash primer, loreal voluminous female mascara, skinvolve body karate cream, kate somerville exfolikate intensive exfoliating treatment, biobelle botanic fiber facial mask

As you can see, they have a variety of skincare and makeup products, full-sized and mini. The sheer amount makes this box worth the money! There are 10 products altogether.

Winter 2016 Beautycon Box, Beauty Con, Dulce Candy, Luxie Beauty Rose Tapered Highlighting Brush #552, ColourPop Beautycon LippyStix, Rimmel The Only 1 Pink a Punch, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, Artist Couture Illuminati Diamond Glow Powder

Luxie Beauty Rose Tapered Highlighting Brush #552
I have gotten so many makeup brushes from my ipsy and Boxycharm subscriptions, especially Luxie brushes. In my opinion, you can have too much makeup but you can never have too many brushes. Because if you're too lazy to clean the brushes you just used, you can just use another brush. I love Luxie brushes because of their adorable pink and rose gold packaging, ultra-soft bristles, and the fact that they are cruelty-free.

ColourPop Lippy Stix in "Beautycon"
It's always a good thing when ColourPop is a part of your package, and this isn't the first time that their products have appeared in Beautycon boxes. This shade is exclusively made for the Winter 2016 subscription box. I am sorry to say that as much as I love ColourPop Lippy Stix, I could not stand this shade. It is a warm nude that is way too light for me. What a disappointment. This is my love/hate relationship with nudes, and why I need to test them out before I buy.

Rimmel The Only 1 Lipstick in "110 Pink a Punch"
I've heard many great things about Rimmel's new line of lipsticks, and I am loving the bold shades, pigmentation and creamy formula. The shade says it all...it's a punchy bright pink! I love bright hot pinks but this is pretty loud on me. It's almost leaning on coral. I would prefer if it was a shade similar to MAC's All Fired Up, which is just a tad darker.. Oh well, maybe I'm being too nitpicky. I do need a pop of bright lipstick in my life in this gloomy weather we are having right now though!

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer
I do have another mini sample of this bronzer from the Too Faced event I went to at my local Ulta in 2015. It's kinda funny actually. I love the sweet chocolate smell of this, and I know I can easily wear this for contouring right now, but it will be harder to pull of in the summer when my skin is deeper and matches the shade of this.

Artist Couture Illuminati Diamond Glow Powder
This is like the loose-powdered version of Champagne Pop, with a bit more pigmentation. I love it! You probably wouldn't want to look like a disco ball to work wearing this, but for a night out with the girls or the guy? Glow, baby, glow!

Winter 2016 Beautycon Box, Beauty Con, Dulce Candy, ColourPop Beautycon LippyStix, Rimmel The Only 1 Pink a Punch, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, Artist Couture Illuminati Diamond Glow Powder

Winter 2016 Beautycon Box, Beauty Con, Dulce Candy, loreal voluminous lash primer, loreal voluminous female mascara

L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Primer
Lash Primers are the latest beauty trend in the 2010s...what lady doesn't want fuller, longer lashes?! Though the L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Primer gives you that instead of mascara on it's own, beware that it does clump a little bit. 

L'Oreal Voluminous Feline Noir Mascara
I had high hopes for this mascara since I am a HUGE fan of the L'Oreal original Voluminous mascara...unfortunately, this falls short. It is NOT voluminous or thickening. I thought I was going crazy until I watched a video of Danielle from Purdy Gurl Beauty here reviewing this mascara and the Voluminous Noir Liner, and had the same sentiments. She absolutely hated both of them and recommended the original Voluminous mascara instead.

Winter 2016 Beautycon Box, Beauty Con, Dulce Candy, loreal voluminous lash primer, loreal voluminous female mascara
Top: Bare lashes. Bottom: L'Oreal Voluminous Lash Primer & L'Oreal Voluminois Feline Noir. 
(it would not be this thick without the primer)


Winter 2016 Beautycon Box, Beauty Con, Dulce Candy, skinvolve body karate cream, kate somerville exfolikate intensive exfoliating treatment, biobelle botanic fiber facial mask

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment
Thank goodness for this mini size because I would be paying $85 for the full-sized version! This exfoliator is gentle, and doesn't have the beads that most do (although I love the texture of the beads, a lot of people with sensitive skin don't). It has a teeny tiny bit of scrub in them though. It is green and leaves a slight tingle. It has fruit enzymes to clarify skin and balance hydration. It also claims to reduce appearance of pores, wrinkles, and fine lines. I'd like to think that using this made my skin glowing and my makeup look smoother when I was prepping for a job interview.

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water
I will be honest say that this was one of the products that hooked me into buying the box. I love micellar water, but I run out of it very quickly. When I run out of my Simple Micellar bottle, this will be my backup :)

Skinvolve Body Karate Cream
This body lotion/cream contains caffeine and argan oil to give you a bit of an energy boost while moisturizing and improving skin texture. I only used this once, but I felt like my legs were still ashy. That's my fault though for forgetting to moisturize my body too. There are claims about caffeine helping improve cellulite, but I feel like that's a pretty big stretch.

Biobelle Botanic Fiber Facial Mask
Out of everything in this box, this is the only thing I haven't tried yet. It contains avocado (great for my dry skin!) and collagen to reduce fine lines and signs of fatigue. I have a whole bunch of sheet masks that I haven't even tried yet!

Even though I have a few duds, I am really impressed with my first Beautycon Box. I may even keep it for the next few seasons :)

What are your impressions with Beautycon Box? Would you order it? Here's to hoping they will start shipping internationally as well!

9 comments :

  1. This beauty box looks wonderful! Lots of the beauty products appeal to me. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com
    https://www.instagram.com/themakeupaficionado17/
    https://au.pinterest.com/bernadette_95/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great beauty box! I like the look of the brush and the face mask! x
    A Blushing Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, not sure how I feel about this box, it's just okay I guess. None of the products really excites me.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's ok, I know it's not for everyone :)

      Delete
  4. This is definitely better than your average beauty box, I can see why you wanted to get it! I love Rimmel's the Only 1 range and the Garnier Micellar water is a staple for me!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! I definitely want to try more of the Rimmel lipsticks!

      Delete
  5. This product selection is amazing, they all look great. Shame, it's not available in the UK yet, but hopefully soon.

    Tia | The 10am Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I hope they ship out there too!

      Delete