January Beauty Favorites


Oh man, I can't believe January is over already! I've bought a lot less makeup than usual for obvious reasons (wedding in 45 days), but there have been moments where I splurged. I am a lot more cognizant though. And I've been hitting up the drugstores rather than searching for the latest high end beaut.

I remember when I started Floraful, my monthly favorites included some lifestyle stuff (workout DVDs, food, travel, etc.) and I would like to incorporate that again. The only difference was that when I started moving to only beauty favorites, I started taking my own photos, whereas in the past, I just found the photos on the internet and made it into a collage. Even though this is primarily a beauty blog, I have other topics here too. I even changed my instagram username from hannaheunice.hearts.makeup to floraful_blog (someone already took the name floraful) since this blog is not exclusively about beauty (though it does make up 95% of my posts).

Without further ado, here were some of my favorite beauty products this past January:


I have gotten so many compliments on this liquid lipstick. I've been so intrigued with Kylie's products, even though I know many love her or hate her. Cecilio gifted this for me for Christmas. I wanted a few other liquid lipstick shades (such as Spice) but I think I will pass since there are a lot of dupes. Leo is a vampy burgundy shade that I love, and is long-lasting.

I always have the most difficult time finding a gorgeous rosy nude shade for my skin tone. Thankfully I found it in the new Wet n Wild Liquid Catsuit Lipstick shade Give Me Mocha. It is very inexpensive too. This shade to me is what Stila Patina is to fair-skinned ladies. It's insanely affordable too at only $5!

Laura Mercier Paint Wash Liquid Lip Color (Pink Orchid)
I was at Nordstrom with Cecilio browsing the beauty section while my mom was looking for a purse. I found myself near the Laura Mercier sections and tested out the Paint Wash liquid lipsticks. I LOVED Pink Orchid, a bright pink shade. Unfortunately, they ran out so a week later, I bought it at Sephora. It is a demi-matte lipstick, so it doesn't dry completely, but it is very comfortable. Yet it lasts a lot longer than other satin or demi-matte liquid lipsticks. I needed a bright pink lipstick to cheer me up with this horrible weather we've been having (although it's been better now, we had a hard freeze).

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream
I've bought a full-sized version of this back in 2014, and I really liked it a lot. So I was happy to receive it again in this month's ipsy glambag. When I want to cover my redness and uneven skin but am going for that "no makeup" makeup look, this is my jam (it has medium coverage). I love that it has SPF too, to protect my face from the sun.

Usually I've been using this out of laziness: the Gimme Brow gives me the illusion of full, clean brows, but not fake at all. You know, Instagram brows. I like some of them, but I never ever like the fake look when it comes to my brows. It's so easy to use too!

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush (Seduce)
Usually I don't like nude blushes because I worry that they wouldn't show up on my skin, but this spoke to me. I bought it impulsively in November, and I must say that this gorgeous dusty rose shows up and flatters beautifully on ladies with my skin tone. It is wonderful for everyday wear, alone or with contour. 

Formula X Ballet Beautiful (Satin Slippers)
You know, I purchased this girly baby pink nail polish (with minimal shimmer) and it was only now that I wore it recently to a job interview. It's too late for me to review it because it's discontinued, and it seems like the Formula X nail polishes are no longer sold at Sephora. Does anyone know what happened? Did they run out of business? Because I don't see them being sold anywhere else. Okay, so I went crazy with how it was in collaboration with one of my favorite workouts, Ballet Beautiful. BB helped me slim down really well when I wasn't on prednisone in 2013!

Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette
When I first saw this palette released last year, I wasn't all that impressed. Fast forward 11 months later, I saw it in person at Sephora while Christmas shopping. I was blown away with the shades, pigmentation, and smell of my favorite Haribo peach gummy candy! I bought one for my best friend for Christmas, and ordered one for myself.

What beauty products have you been loving lately?

5 comments :

  1. I love to read favourite posts beauty related or not, and I would love to see one from you including all things you love during the current month. It is unbelievable that January has ended, I feel like Christmas day was like yesterday!
    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Kylie LL's, I only have two but they are worth the splurge!Have a lovely week :)

    Trishna xx

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the sweet peach palette so bad! You have some great pics here!

    Darriyan xo
    www.darriyancateland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lately I've been using a tinted brow gel a lot, as well - it's so convenient! I use the Glossier one in black and I really like it.
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Wet N Wild lipsticks! Have been seeing Kylie on a lot of favorites posts, will probably finally take the plunge and try one out! I look forward to more posts from you! Definitely subscribing, dear! Check out my blog if you'd like!

    Cailee M. || https://barcelonistab.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete