Last Sephora Haul of 2016 (& Hello VIB Rouge Membership for 2017!)

Too Faced, Tarte, Sephora, Too Faced Sweet Peach, Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette, Too Faced eyeshadow palette, Sephora Cream lip stain, sephora burnt sienna cream lip stain, sephora burnt sienna, sephora rosewood cream lip stain, sephora rosewood, Pearly Girl Vegan Teeth Whitening Pen, tarte teeth whitening pen

As I was shopping for Christmas gifts, a few of which were in Sephora, I found myself having $80-something left before becoming a VIB Rouge member. I figured, I may as well go all the way. I honestly never expected to join the top ranks of beauty addicts, but here I am.


For the past 2 years, I was a VIB member of Sephora. VIB members are those who spent $350 per year, and the VIB Rouge members are the ones who spent $1000. What is the difference between the two?
  • VIB members get one gift and one free makeover. VIB Rouge members have unlimited access.
  • Beauty Insiders and VIB members have to spend $50 or more to avail of the free shipping, or pay a $10 fee to use flash free shipping for the year. A VIB Rouge member automatically gets free shipping on any order.
  • VIB members are the 2nd in line for the Beauty Insider sales in April and November. VIB Rouge members get first dibs.
  • VIB Rouge members get a private hotline and invitations to private events. Now I'll definitely going to these next year to take advantage of the fact that I'm in the "beauty impulse spending club".
I picked up a few goodies online as Christmas presents to myself. Such as:


When this first released in the beginning of 2016, I wasn't all that amazed. After all, I have a NYX Love in Paris Palette with similar shades. Plus, I already had a lot of Too Faced palettes and certainly did not need one more. I know that this was a cult favorite and sold out FAST. It rereleased this month along with a new Sweet Peach collection including highlighter, blush, and lip oils. So as I was Christmas shopping, I decided to buy this for a friend. And OMG, it was beautiful in person. The colors were unique and different than what Too Faced has created. Now I understood why people went crazy for this. It smelled like my favorite Peach gummy ring candies too! So naturally, I had to add this in my cart.

I was super happy to find that Sephora was releasing a whole bunch of shades from their Cream Lip Stain Collection. I already had the shades Strawberry Kissed and Always Red. I did have Blackberry Sorbet and Marvelous Mauve at first, but I hated them. I was so disappointed too because Marvelous Mauve was a favorite in the blogosphere. But I returned Blackberry Sorbet and gave Marvelous Mauve away. So in my little haul, I purchased the shades Burnt Sienna and Rosewood. Burnt Sienna doesn't really live up to its name because it is more of a deeper brownish mauve, and it's cool-toned. Rosewood is a dark brick red that totally flatters my skin tone.

It's only 2 and a half months before my wedding and I'm panicking about my teeth. I'm supposed to be getting a root canal and some fillings replaced but with most dentists do not accept the insurance I have right now, so it's likely that I won't get treatment until after I get married. I have been having problems due to not being as diligent as I am now, and because of the medications I am taking...prednsisone and keppra causes my gums to swell and keppra causes my teeth to grind. I only found out last year that my past seizures have also caused the grinding. In the meantime, I wanted to try the new Tarte teeth whitening pen since it is supposed to protect the enamel and whiten teeth, but is gentle for those with sensitive teeth like mine. I tried it before my Christmas Eve dinner and I didn't feel a thing, which is good because I heard that whitening can be painful. My smile did get a bit brighter and if I keep using this I know that I'll be confident to grin widely on my big day.

Have you treated yourself with anything? What is your last haul of the year?

5 comments :

  1. Oh gosh I want the peach palette so much! It's so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh I want the Sweet Peach palette so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely haul, items look amazing!

    http://nikoleannj.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul!!! I want that Sweet Peach Palette so bad!!!

    ReplyDelete