December 2016 ipsy Glambag: Carp P.M.


I've resubscribed to ipsy since August for the 3rd time...yes, I cannot make up my mind about them. But this is the first time in a while I have done a review about them. And I have to say that I am really satisfied with that stash!

The theme of this month's bag is Carp P.M. The concept is to go all out with your style and beauty routine in the midst of holiday parties. The bag is super adorable, and has got to be one of my favorites. It's a fuzzy hot pink bag that almost doubles as a clutch! It's different from the patterned bags they usually have.

Anyway, let's talk to the products, shall we?


Royal & Langnickel Angle Shader Brush
I'm always happy to get brushes in any of my beauty subscriptions. My first experience with Royal & Langnickel was receiving a set of 3 brushes from my January 2016 Boxycharm (which by the way, I'm seriously considering resubscribing to...out of all of the boxes I've tried, Boxycharm is hands down my favorite). This brush has natural bristles which are very soft, and perfect for applying the outer V eye and crease, all while blending :)


Tarte Tarteist Glossy Lip Paint in "WCW"
Boy am I thankful to high heavens for this babe. This has got to be my absolute most favorite item in the bag. WCW is a deep berry shade, one of 9 shades in the Tarteist Glossy Lip Paint collection. I love these kind of shades and this is no exception. It's quite amusing because even though this is a glossy finish, it actually lasts longer and doesn't transfer compared to the Tartest Creamy Matte Lip Paints (I did a review on of of the shades, TBT here).


NYX Prismatic Eyeshadow in "Jaded"
Another one of my favorites here. At first, I thought it was silver, but as I looked deeper into it, it had blue-green specks. This is a beautiful metallic shade (though it's not my favorite shade of green), and oh-so pigmented too! I can see myself wearing this for a night out, with a dark crease. Fab!


Privai Aqua Gel Masque
Any skincare product that has the word "aqua" is music to my ears, because it means that it's hydrating and suited to my dry skin. The green tea, chamomile and azulene is supposed to calm and revitalize your skin for a radiant look. 


MAKE Moonlight Primer
I wasn't sure if this was an eye or face primer, until I did some research and yes, it's actually for your face. I was taken aback because this is black: not the usual whites, creams or clears you see in most primers. It's supposed to hydrate your skin and mattify it, and contains marine algae to fight against free radicals. It benefits your skin by fighting against High Energy Visible (HEV) light and Infrared Light (IL), both of which cause aging. 

Top–bottom: MAKE Moonlight Primer, Privai Aqua Gel Masque, NYX Prismatic Eyeshadow in "Jaded", and Tarte Tarteist Glossy Lip Paint in "WCW"

I am going to make it a point to actually use the products I have receive. I feel a little guilty because I have usually just 1 or 2 products I am happy with but leave in the dust. But I am really, really happy with most of the items here. Especially the Tarteist Glossy Lip Paint. Hopefully the next few bags will not disappoint!

Do you subscribe to ipsy or any other beauty boxes?

10 comments :

  1. That tarte lip paint looks awesome.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    https://www.instagram.com/themakeupaficionado17/

    https://au.pinterest.com/bernadette_95/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the Tarte lip gloss is gorgeous! I love the shade, it's perfect for the holidays! And I am really curious about the Make primer, it's my first time hearing about black primer. I wish you'd include a photo of what it looks like when applied. Also, the makeup pouch looks adorable as hell.

    I don't really have any beauty box subscriptions but I am planning of joining one next year~

    - Gretch of GG Memochou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely do a demo of the Make primer!!

      Delete
  3. love the ipsy bag ! right now i am not subscribed to any box because i am preferring buying the things that i need the most.

    clairetalksbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's the thing: sometimes you get a few stuff you don't like :(

      Delete
  4. I didn't get any of these in my bag this month, I have been wanting to try Tarte's new gloss! That primer looks really cool as well.

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that you did get another liquid lipstick though!

      Delete
  5. That Tarte Lip Paint is so gorgeous!! And I love this bag :). So cute!

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color of the lip paint looks amazing!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little envious that you got the Tarte lip paint this month and I didn't:)It looks so pretty.

    The New Old Fashioned Girl

    ReplyDelete