Clinique Pop Matte Lip Colour + Primer

Clinique Pop Matte Lip Colour + Primer, Clinique, Clinique Pop Matte, Clinique Pop, Clinique lipstick, Clinique Pop lipstick, Clinique Rose Pop, Clinique Icon Pop, Clinique Clove Pop

I'm very familiar with Clinique, since my mom has worked for them in Manila, back in the 80s. Most of her skincare and makeup was from Clinique, when I was growing up. She felt like she had an allergic reaction to other eyeshadows except from them (until she discovered Urban Decay's eyeshadows).

As for me? Other than their skincare and face powder, their makeup has never appealed to me. It always seemed like they were geared towards women in their 40's and older with their safe muted green packaging. Their lipsticks were also on the more sheer side. 

I read Carol's review of the Clinique Pop Matte Lip Colour + Primer in the shade 06 Rose Pop here and immediately had to get it. I love hot deep pink lipsticks, and this was sure no exception. I bought it out of the blue, when I was feeling blue on one particular day, when Cecilio left to go to work...and that day was the Election. I needed something to cheer me up since something in my gut wasn't feeling right, so I picked it up from Ulta, which is about 3 miles from my house.

I eventually ended picking up 2 other shades, 02 Icon Pop and 10 Clove Pop from my Sephora VIB haul.

The new Clinique Pop Matte Lip Colour + Primer lipsticks comes with 16 shades. This is not to be confused with the original Pop Lip Colour + Primer, which also has 16 shades, but is a more creamy/demi-matte finish. Both cost $18.50 and contain 0.13 oz of product in the tube.

I'm really impressed with the pigmentation of these lipsticks, guys. They pack a punch! And just because they are matte, does not mean that they are uncomfortable. In fact, they are on the creamy side too because I test the longevity by kissing my hand after applying. It transfers if it's minutes after I applied it on, but throughout the day it dries down. Still, they are easy to wear and last through eating and drinking, as long as you're not eating anything super oily.

Here's the shades on me, taken back when I had my eyelash extensions:

Clinique Pop Matte Lip Colour + Primer, Clinique, Clinique Pop Matte, Clinique Pop, Clinique lipstick, Clinique Pop lipstick, Clinique Rose Pop, Clinique Icon Pop, Clinique Clove Pop

02 Icon Pop
This is a deep classic brick red that's made for fall/winter. I can imagine that it has a more vampy vibe if you have fair skin. I love red lipsticks that aren't too bright, but if that's what you're looking for, I recommend Peppermint Pop.

Clinique Pop Matte Lip Colour + Primer, Clinique, Clinique Pop Matte, Clinique Pop, Clinique lipstick, Clinique Pop lipstick, Clinique Rose Pop, Clinique Icon Pop, Clinique Clove Pop

06 Rose Pop
A bright pink that any skin tone can pull off, because it's neither too warm nor too cool. I cannot stand pink lipsticks that look too cool toned and light, it just doesn't work well with my skin. This is wonderful for spring and summer. In fact, I think I'll probably bring this with me to my honeymoon in Mexico and wear during a night out with Cecilio for a pop of color, sexiness and edginess.

Clinique Pop Matte Lip Colour + Primer, Clinique, Clinique Pop Matte, Clinique Pop, Clinique lipstick, Clinique Pop lipstick, Clinique Rose Pop, Clinique Icon Pop, Clinique Clove Pop

10 Clove Pop
I have mixed feelings about this shade. Nudes are a hit and miss for me, they either barely show up on my already-pigmented lips or they make me look ghostly. I like this warm brown shade a lot, but I'm not completely crazy about it, yet. It's a great everyday lipstick though, that I can tell you. It doesn't scream while you're on the job.

Like with all matte lipsticks, I recommend exfoliating and putting on balm before applying so that it doesn't accentuate fine lines and flakes. Don't worry though: this is nothing like the MAC retro matte or ColourPop Ultra Matte lipsticks. These are extremely lightweight, sometimes I forget I'm wearing it! I highly recommend it if you're looking for a comfortable and fun lipstick in your collection at a mid-range price.

Do you have any of the Clinique Pop (original or matte) lipsticks?

Clinique Pop Matte Lip Colour + Primer, Clinique, Clinique Pop Matte, Clinique Pop, Clinique lipstick, Clinique Pop lipstick, Clinique Rose Pop, Clinique Icon Pop, Clinique Clove Pop


7 comments :

  1. I was really curious to hear your opinion on these and I'm glad you like them as much as I do! I tend to prefer bolder/brighter shades, but Clove Pop actually looks very pretty on you. Like you said, it looks like a great everyday lipstick.
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome, and they have really amazing shades that I would like to get a few more of!

      Delete
  2. Loving these colours on you! They sound fantastic, love how Clove and Rose look on you. Stunning Hannah, thanks for sharing. I might pick up a few shades myself xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the formula of these lipsticks and the colors look so pretty on you !

    http://www.clairetalksbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear I am the only one who hasn't tried Clinique Pop range. Haha! Both shades look amazing on you!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Clove Pop and Icon Pop! Rose Pop looks gorgeous on you but I don't think I could pull off bright pink shades that well haha. I have two of the original pop lipsticks so I'd love to try the mattes!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete