2016 Christmas Wishlist


I love doing wishlists for my birthday and Christmas. Sometimes I feel guilty about it, but at the same time it helps people to know exactly what I want than to guess only to find out that I am not using it. Well, I did give my mom a wishlist one time and she gave me what I wanted, but most of the time it was a surprise.

I wish I could be practical in the sense that I could get bill and student loan money for Christmas. But I have my indulgences too. Like...


I already have a lot of the Too Faced Palettes (both Original and Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bars, Chocolate Bon Bons, Natural Matte, Sugar Pop, Peanut Butter & Jelly), so I figured that I wouldn't need another one (or much less, 3 palettes in this set). Now I'm regretting not buying it because it is sold out everywhere. I especially would love the Eggnog Latte Palette for the shade "Central Perk", which happens to be emerald green. Yeah, for those who know me, you know that green is one of my favorite colors. I love how this has a New York theme. NYC, especially Central Park, will always have a special place in my heart because that is where Cecilio proposed to me.

My love for Pokemon as a child got reignited again thanks to PokemonGo, the game that took off in 2016. Cecilio and I still play to this game, though we compete with each other on who has more Pokemon in the PokeDex. Clefairy is one of my favorites, I love her even more than Jigglypuff (although she's cute too).

I have talked about how I have been using barre workouts to get in shape for the wedding. This DVD is a part of Pure Barre's Pure Results series (they also have 3 other DVDs that focus on Abs, Thighs and Seat/Butt), and they are all full body but each have a specific emphasis. Because now I'm only 3.5 months out for the wedding, I really have to focus on sculpting my arms and back. I have been able to diet my way down to 135 pounds (lowest weight I've ever been since 2014 due to prednisone) and I would love to lose the last 10–15 pounds, but I may not have enough time. If I am not able to lose all the weight I want, then I can and should focus more on toning my whole body, especially the upper body. 

Rachel Held Evans is a Progressive Christian author who has a similar upbringing to mine. She, like me (as a pastor's niece), grew up in an Evangelical church and grew weary of it, yet found her home in the Episcopal Church (or Anglican in Europe). Cecilio and I have been going to an Episcopal Church and we love it, and that is where we will be getting married. Cecilio has a similar journey too, except that he grew up in the Catholic Church. This book is about her spiritual journey from Evangelicalism to Episcopalianism. She advocates for gay rights, women being ordained as church leaders, egalitarian relationships (women not submitting to their husband and being seen as equals) and justice for people of color. And she also has stated that our generation desires spirituality that goes deeper than the Christian rock band, pizza parties and flashing lights.

I've been so intrigued with Kylie's Lip Kits, but when they first released I have never been able to get a hold of them because they were always out of stock. Now, they are available online, but I've never been able to get myself to buy them. A lot of her shades have dupes that I already have. I definitely love a bold burgundy lip for the colder months, which is exactly what the shade "Leo" is.

As someone who is attached to her phone, this is a must-have. During my vacation last week, it wasn't always feasible or realistic to charge my phone in the car, especially when we were going out and about. Sad to say that my phone has died a few times while we were touring Milwaukee and Chicago.

I have so many photos on Instagram and Facebook that I haven't gotten a chance to print out yet and put into an album. You know, like, the old-fashioned way of storing your photos. There's something about physically touching a book and the photo that you can't get with the screen. This camera would give me an instant print out, and it's just cute and portable. I could bring this everywhere, especially during traveling.

Trust Fund Beauty is an indie nail polish + lipstick brand based in Canada. They have made their way into a few Ipsy glambags when I canceled my subscription, so I never got a chance to try their polishes. I am really flattered with how they followed me on Twitter though. Because of their name, it doesn't come as a shock to me that they have shade names that are "rich bitch LA girl" related, such as "Do You Know Who My Father Is?", "Rich Bitch" (yes, it happens to be a coincidence that I said that and they have that as a shade name), "$12 Latte", and "Hidden Bank Account". The two shades I Want are "It's Called Fashion" and "Wine O'Clock", both of which are some form of burgundy.

When I saw this pop up on my Facebook news feed, I had to have it. This a glass set of all of the solar system planets, and includes the Sun and Pluto. I tagged my friends for this, and I know this would be a hit at our parties. Pluto is the smallest one at 4 oz., the other 8 planets are 10 oz., and the Sun is 16 oz. Cecilio would love this, not for drinking (because he doesn't drink at all), but because he loves astronomy and this would an adorable decoration for our future home.

What's on your Christmas wishlist?

6 comments :

  1. We'd love the find a polaroid camera under our tree too!

    A Pair of Ones | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leo sounds like such a nice shade! I love the name of it too, great picks. Love those cameras, thanks for sharing xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Too Faced grand hotel cafe set, I hope you can get your hands on it! The Rachel Evans book sounds really interesting, I'm not particularly religious although I grew up Lutheran, but the things she advocates are things that I feel strongly about.

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been following her for a while and I look up to her more than the conservative Christian female authors!

      Delete
  4. New Diet Taps into Pioneering Concept to Help Dieters Lose 20 Pounds within Only 21 Days!

    ReplyDelete