Top 5 Fall Nail Polishes


Fall offers a wide range of shades to choose from. Unlike spring and summer, when you gravitate towards brights or pastels, anything goes in the fall. Want a vampy varnish? You got it. Not feeling it? Oh, embrace the nudes! You can even get away with bright colors too. Cool-toned colors (like blue and violet) don't come to mind when you think of fall polish, but when they're muted, they pop against the leaves and go well with that olive-green jacket. Here, I will showcase some of the nail polishes I have been sporting for the season.




OPI (Yank My Doodle)
I've been looking for a polish that gives me pumpkin spice vibes, so the closest choices were either OPI Ginger Bells or Essie Very Structured. I could not find Ginger Bells online or in the store, so I am assuming that it's discontinued. Yank My Doodle, one of the shades from OPI's Washington DC 2016 Collection, is the next best thing. It's a burnt orange, though does appear brighter on my skin. OPI nail polishes are my favorite: they don't streak and their flat, wide brushes are so easy to use.


Essie (Angora Cardi)
This deep mauve IS the quintessential fall shade. It's considered the most popular shade on Pinterest, and for good reason: no matter what your skin tone, you can rock it. Just click on the link yourself and see how it swatches on women of different skin tones. I find that Essie polishes tend to be streaky and thick, so be careful. The good thing about this shade is that it's long-lasting.


Revlon (Totally Toffee)
One of my favorites of the bunch, this medium brown makes me crave for a spicy, sweet treat this season. Revlon's polishes are underrated, but top-notch in quality for the price you get.


Mineral Fusion (Brick)
If you're looking for an eco-friendly, vegan polish, then you have got to try the Mineral Fusion polish in brick. This moody, sexy berry red complements every skintone. It applies thin, and it takes 3 coats to get the opaque color.


Sally Hansen (Au Natur-el)
Not craving for color on your talons? You can still celebrate fall with nudes, like this peachy-beige shade. Au Natur-el's warm undertones make it also perfect for the spring.

What colors have you been sporting on your nails this season?

5 comments :

  1. Great picks! I love the shade 'Yank My Doodle' x
    https://ablushingbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love opting for dark nail polishes for autumn! Have a lovely day :)

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angora cardi is so beautiful! Once autumn arrives, berries and burgundies are what I reach to and I don't even think about wearing bright summery colours :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! I've never read a nail polish post where I love all of the shades until this one. You've hit the nail on the head with each and every one! I've been wearing a lovely dark green from Essie, but I can't remember what it's called. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, I love them all but that MAUVE. Oh be still my heart. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete