The Blogger Tag



I got this tag from Katie from Beauty from Katie here and I haven't done a general beauty/lifestyle one in a while...so here goes! Here's how you guys can get to know me better!



How tall are you?
5'4''

Do you have a hidden talent?
I can invert my eyelids inside out. I haven't done it in a while though.

I'm on the far right. If you can see closely, I learned how to flip my eyelids. (circa 1996)

Biggest blogger-related pet peeve? 
Some beef I have with fashion bloggers is that they are in head to toe designer outfits, and living an unrealistic lifestyle (traveling all the time, going to NYFW every year, staying in luxurious hotels) that it makes younger girls feel bad about themselves because they can't attain that lifestyle. When truth is, they've been sponsored and gifted for a lot of those perks. And they are the conventional beauty: thin, young and white. Sinead from fabuleuse, toujours talks about this in her post here. I feel like beauty blogging is more diverse than fashion blogging.

Biggest non-blog related pet peeve?
How 80% of white evangelicals voted for Donald Trump when he doesn't represent Christian values. I mean, I don't like his supporters. We, as Christians, should be representing Jesus Christ who is full of love. Not hate and bigotry in His name. I could go on and on about this but I won't. All I can say is that evangelicals give Jesus and Christians a bad name.

Favorite song?
Right now it's "Starboy" by The Weeknd. It's been stuck in my head! I know Cecilio loves it because he mentions "Star Trek". It's so catchy though.


And I love "Inevitable" by Anberlin. It's going to be the first dance song Cecilio and I will dance to <3


I know, those are 2 opposite styles of music. But I love listening to all kinds of music!

Favorite social media? 
Instagram for my beauty account (hannaheunice.hearts.makeup) and my personal one (chicken_poopie). Feel free to follow me on either or!

Favorite way to spend free time when alone? 
Eating all the food when no one is watching! Haha just kidding...or am I?

Favorite junk food?
Hot Cheetos!

Photo courtesy of Buzzfeed

Do you have a pet or pets? What kind and what are their names?
I have 3 dogs.


Aristotle (Aris) is our first one. He is my baby. He is a half Maltese/half Rat Terrier mix. We got him from SPCA, and it was love at first meet (in one of those small rooms) between him and I. We are still inseparable. However, he loves only very few people and does not take kindly to strangers. He has even nipped a few of our guests... ;( but he really does take people by surprise. Don't be fooled by this adorableness.


Guess who I named this blog after? That's right, our Morkie (half Yorkie/half Maltese), Flora. She's my mom's baby. She is a growler and a barker, but unlike Aris, she warms up to people easily and is super sweet. She is such a cuddle bug. She's also super silly, the clown of the house. And she sure LOVES to eat! At the dinner table, in the middle of deep conversation, she starts growling for food. And if you ignore her, the growls keep getting louder and louder, and they turn into barks. It's actually hilarious.


Finally, here's my mom's boyfriend's dog, Natasha. She came into our life this year all the way from Milwaukee. She is almost 10 years old but has the health and energy of a puppy. She is very calm, quiet and so so sweet. She is the quietest one of all of them, but when the other 2 (oh, small dog syndrome...) start barking at the door, she starts doing so too.

Favorite fiction and nonfiction books?
I want to start reading more, but I really like self-help books or theology-related ones. For fiction, one of my favorites is "The Fault in Our Stars".

Favorite beauty product or tool? 
Lipstick and lip gloss. I am too embarrassed to even count how many I have. For tools, I love the Real Techniques sponge, though Cecilio got me a beautyblender for my birthday (one of the many beauty gifts!)

When were you last embarassed? What happened? 
I can't recall a recent event, but I will tell you something that happened when I was 17: I went out to celebrate a friend's 18th birthday. A bunch of us went bowling, ate at Hooters and went to the mall. Some of us broke apart and would meet again. I went to Build-A-Bear to make a stuffed animal for my ex at the time before Valentine's Day. I've had to pee so horribly but I held it in for hours. I needed to use the restroom but someone was cleaning it up. Finally my friend (the birthday girl) went to meet me at Build-A-Bear and my bladder couldn't take it anymore so I peed every ounce of fluid in front of her. Most. Embarrassing. Moment. Of. My.  Life. So I had to go to American Eagle to buy a new pair of pants and change into them in one of the restrooms. It wasn't a pretty sight, and the worker at Build-A-Bear said it happens all the time. I can understand if it's from a toddler (their target audience). But a 17 year old?

If you could only drink one beverage (besides water) for the rest of your life what would it be? 
Coffee please!

What's your favorite movie?
I still like Disney movies. I am getting more into Star Wars now thanks to Cecilio.

What was your favorite subject in school and why?
I did horribly in high school until senior year. That's when I joined the school newspaper since it was a class in itself. I loved writing, interviewing, editing and designing layout! That led me to joining the school newspaper in college, and that is how I met Cecilio. The reporting and interviewing was more intense though, so I ended up gravitating towards graphic design. Which is what I got my degree in. I miss journalism and writing though.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? 
Anywhere in Europe where I can get free healthcare and where my future kids will benefit from a very low-cost, yet high quality education. It's sad how all of these are ridiculously priced in the US.

PC or Mac?
Once you go Mac you never go back!

Last romantic gesture from a crush, spouse, partner, etc?
Every time Cecilio massages my feet. But I love how involved he is with the wedding planning. One of the sweetest things he has done recently was spray paint the frames for our table centerpieces (we bought the Ikea Tolsby frames). We tried to do it together but it was hard because it was dark outside so we had to be really close. So they ended up bad and I was getting frustrated. He promised me he would do them, and I felt so horrible that I was getting agitated. But he delivered, and I thank that he puts up with me <3

Favorite celebrity?
Male celebrity is Leonardo DiCaprio. And for female celebrity, I like Lauren Conrad!

Who is your biggest inspiration?
My parents, who have done so much for me and my sisters. I only hope I can be a fraction as good of a parent as they are. And my older sister Trixie, for fighting the odds, and is now 40 years old even when the doctors told her that she wouldn't live until past 28.

What is your favorite blog to read?
I love them all!

What is your favorite high street shop?
High street is lower/mid end. Like Katie, I love H&M! There is one 45 minutes away from where I live. And of course...Target. That place is a magnet to me.

Are you in education or do you work? 
I work part time as a caregiver for my niece who has autism. I am currently looking for a career in Marketing or graphic design!

One thing you are proud of?
This blog, of course! I have come so far with it and I can't wait to see how much further I run with it! And of course, graduating college and getting a Bachelor's Degree despite the challenges I've faced (health issues due to lupus/seizures, my dad passing away). Last but not least, my relationship with Cecilio and how we have weathered storms for 8 years, but more calms! (if that makes sense) I am just so lucky and thankful to be with him.

I won't be tagging anyone specific, so feel free to do this :)

7 comments :

  1. Wonderful post! I definitely want to get back into reading more since i am on uni break.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. High five from a fellow 5ft4 girl! LOL! I swear everyone and their grandma love beauty blender but I returned mine because I hate the finish that it left on my face. Maybe I wet it too much? Is that even possible? I just prefer using my fingers and makeup brushes.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted to flip my eyelids, but I couldn't do it, I always felt bad about it when I was a kid, lol! Aris is so cute, I wish I had a dog too :(

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this post! Haha, flipping the eyelids is a talent that both scares and fascinates me a little, my brother used to do it all the time! And your doggies! They are such cuties! I loved this tag, it's so fun to get to know you more! Lots of love <3

    Cy | Dulce de Mango

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love H&M, they do such great items for great prices. Have a lovely weekend :)

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was such a great read. Your dogs are gorgeous! Such cuties. It took me a year to get used to my MAC, but I could never go back to a PC now. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay... Aristotle is the CUTEST. seriously. xX

    ReplyDelete