Sephora Fall 2016 VIB Sale Haul


'Tis the season for the Sephora Beauty Insider sales! It's like having Christmas twice a year: one in April and one in November, where you can purchase anything for 20% off (10% if you're only Beauty Insider). The Beauty Insider sales are for those are are a Beauty Insider member: it's free to join, but if you spend $350/year you get upgraded to VIB Status, and $1000/year gets to VIB Rouge Status. Each higher up membership earns you more perks, such as early access to the sales, custom makeovers, extra points, and beauty classes. 

I have been able to pick up a lot of goodies, not just with stuff I personally bought but a reward using my points, some samples, and my birthday gift. Here's what I purchased!



Clinique Pop Matte Lip Colour + Primer (Icon Pop & Clove Pop)
These lipsticks are the BOMB. I also have Rose Pop, which I purchased under the influence of Carol's review. Usually Clinique has lipsticks that are more on the sheer, neutral sides, but not these. They POP in terms of color. They are super pigmented, and though matte, they feel moisturizing on the lips. And usually Clinique has cylindrical lipstick tubes, but I'm loving these rectangular shaped tubes. It's sleek and almost reminds me of the NARS lipsticks. Shown above are 02 Icon Pop (deep red and 10 Clove Pop (A medium warm brownish nude). The only thing I didn't like was that Clove Pop actually came broken (that's the risk when you order something online) so I just have to be extra careful with it.

Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
I have always wanted to try this, especially because I've heard so many raves. I put it off because when I subscribed to Play! by Sephora (for a few months, and I never ever did a review of any of the boxes here. Oops!), I received the BECCA Backlight Primer Filter. So I would love to do & write a side-by-side comparison of both. Instead of purchasing the regular sized version for $54 and 1 oz., I opted for the mini-sized one for $19 and 0.33 oz. I almost never finish my primers anyway, and it would be a waste to spend that much money only to find that I wasn't satisfied.

Sephora Collection Pro Smoky Liner #24
Everyone knows that makeup brushes are not cheap. Sometimes they cost more than the makeup itself, so when I found this brush on clearance for $7 (originally $17), I had to snag it. I want to use this to define the lower lashline for when I wear eyeliner. This is also good for softening the liner or eyeshadow on the upper lashline for a smoky look, hence the name.

Top–Bottom: Clinique Pop Matte Icon Pop, Clove Pop, and Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer



Every year, there is a birthday gift for Sephora Beauty Insider members. My birthday was last month, but I was finally able to receive it at I was ordering it. The birthday gift contains 2 mini sizes of Marc Jacobs products.

Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang)
This is a rosy-pink shade that I like, but not love. It's a little on the lighter side (though it swatches deeper on my arm). I wish they made it a tad deeper. But this is great for springtime and everyday wear.

Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon (Blacquer)
I'm always happy to receive mini pencil eyeliners in gifts and subscription boxes since I tend to lose them. But black pencil eyeliner has always been my staple since I was 13. This is a gel formula, and the good news about this was when I swatched it, it was hard to take off even with micellar water. That means it will last long on my eyes.

Top–Bottom: Marc Jacobs Le Marc Lip Creme (Kiss Kiss Bang Bang), Marc Jacobs Highliner Gel Crayon (Blacquer)


Urban Decay Urban Addictions Palette
The more you spend, the more points you get as a Sephora Beauty Insider. I prefer to save up my points and use it on something I would love. I love eyeshadow palettes, so I had to get the Urban Decay Urban Addictions Palette. It's only available as the one of the 500-point rewards, so you can't buy it anywhere else (yet, I hope). This is a small palette with only 4 shades: 2 matte and 2 metallic. Like all Urban Decay Palettes, it has edgy, colorful packaging and comes with a double-ended brush. This is great for traveling and staycations.

Top–bottom:
Backdoor (matte, deep cool brown)
Righteous (matte creamy beige)
Backfire (metallic violet)
Fireball (metallic golden pink)


Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Skin Fluid
These are 2 sample sizes of Urban Decay's concealers. They come in tiny tubes and a doe-footed application. Most foundation/concealer samples are only single use and come in a tiny pouch, so I am glad that they didn't do it this way. I received Green (for redness) and Peach (for dark circles and spots). These would've been a great addition to my latest post, My Concealer Collection.

Top–Bottom: Green, Peach


Also in the photo above is a sample of the YSL Touche Eclat Highlighter. I did not ask for this and wanted the Coola Rosilliance Organic BB Cream and the Elizabeth James Nirvana Black perfume samples. This is not the first time Sephora has messed up my samples (from ordering online). Still, it's really disappointing. Oh well.

Are you a BI/VIB/VIB Rouge member at Sephora?
Did you purchase anything from the sale?

6 comments :

  1. I love all of these items!

    Happy weekend, DadieB. ~
    dadiebradshaw.com


    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in dire need of a pencil brush and now I'm kicking myself for not checking the sale section! :-(

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pop matte lipsticks look so pretty, I love the original Pop line! I got the same Marc Jacobs set for my birthday x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful goodies...
    I'm little bit jealous of this haul..
    xx
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_zn7IqrAY1I44bRuN6dH-Q
    https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those Urban Decay correctors look lovely!

    MadeFromBeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete