Fall Favorites Tag


A huge thanks to Shelleen from A Blushing Beauty Blog for tagging me in this! It's been a while since I got to participate in a fun tag, and I especially like fall and all of the cliche things that come with it: pumpkin spice, cinnamon everything, clean crisp air, fresh rain, leaves, diffused lighting, fall fashion...and of course, my birthday happens to be in the fall (which was a week and a half ago).

Favorite Eye Make-Up 
The Anastasia Beverly Hills Master by Mario Palette has been a staple for me. It comes with neutral colors in different shades and undertones, and it's far from boring. Another one of my favorites is Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar, which is more warm but has lots of jewel-toned browns and oranges that match the leaves.

Favorite Lip Color
Do I really have to choose one? Okay, well my MAC Favorites are Retro (the one that always gets a mention in this blog) and Diva. I've been waiting all year to open up Diva! I'm also loving Kat Von D's liquid lipstick in Project Chimps. Budget-wise, I'd say NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Berlin, a gorgeous warm brown with red undertones.

Favorite Nail Color
I love the Essie shade in Angora Cardi. It's a gorgeous deep muted mauve that flatters every skin tone. Get it if you are able to. Now, I haven't painted this yet, but I have been looking for a pumpkin spice-inspired shade, and I found the burnt orange shade OPI in Yank My Doodle from their Washington DC collection.

Favorite Scent
The only Fall scent I have is Givenchy's Dahlia Noir, but I will be wearing that for my March wedding. It is sultry, floral but not overly feminine...it has more of a mature, earthy balance to it. It matches our motif so well (ceremony at an Episcopal Church, and reception at a retro-meets-modern 4 star hotel ballroom). Also, one of our wedding flowers is the burgundy dahlia. Dahlias have no scent, so the concept of this perfume came from a fantasy. Cecilio does not want me to wear this scent around him until the wedding day.

Favorite Accessories
Scarves for sure, and boots! In fact, I could use more boots...especially ankle-sized ones.

Favorite Drink
Don't call me basic. But I love Pumpkin Spice. I just wish the Starbucks PSL had more cinnamon, I'm way addicted to cinnamon. But for less calories and money, I brew my own coffee from the Keurig machine and put pumpkin spice creamer and powder from Trader Joe's.

Favorite TV Show 
I don't watch a lot of TV, and I feel lame for not watching The Walking Dead...but because fall is football season in the US, I have a guilty pleasure for watching Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team.


Favorite Movie 
I haven't watched a lot of movies either, but last month, when my mom went to LA, her boyfriend took my sister and I to watch Storks, and we loved it! It was adorable.


I will tag:
Tania from When Tania Talks
Trishna from Tips Capsule
Caroline from Iridescent Places
Carol from Carol in a Page
Rosy from Sparkles of Light

And of course, feel free to do this survey even if you aren't tagged. I'd love to hear your responses!

12 comments :

  1. The Master Palette is perfect for fall! I've never had a PSL, I really need to try one x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to see storks, I went and saw Trolls instead though, ah regret!

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was THIS close to getting the new Anastasia Beverly Hills Master palette but I managed to stop myself, haha. Don't know yet if that's a good thing though... <_<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tag! And honestly... can we ever have enough boots??! they're just so pretty... xX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh no problem! I need boots. I spend so much on makeup but not enough for shoes!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for tagging me Hannah!! Tbh, I have never tired a pumpkin flavored drinks, I really need to try one soon! Have a lovely week :)

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's no problem! I hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  6. I am 30 and I still enjoy watching animations! I haven't watched the Storks yet, but it is on my list. I love PSL and it is my favourite seasonal drink, I even got syrup of it :) Scarves and boots are my favourite accessories, can't do without them.

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a cute movie, you have to watch it :D It's actually really warm here right now so I haven't had a chance to bust out my scarves too much.

      Delete
  7. I love these kinds of tags so much! :) Really enjoyed reading about your favourites, we have a similar taste in makeup and drinks for sure! :) I know what you mean about Dahlia Noir... It is a gorgeous fragrance but at the same time, I was a little surprised because actual dahlia flowers don't really smell like much! DN smells more like jasmine to me, to be honest. It is an utterly gorgeous fragrance, though! <3 Also, totally lusting over that Too Faced palette! Lovely picks. Kisses! xoxo

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I hope you do this tag soon! Yes, the description says that there is no scent in dahlias. But the scent, my wedding colors and venue are all cohesive! I hope you have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  8. Ah great tag Hannah! Definitely envious of the palettes! x
    A Blushing Beauty Blog x

    ReplyDelete