Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick Warm Neutral, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick 4.5, Bobbi Brown, Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick, foundation stick, cream foundation, cream stick foundation, makeup, dry skin foundation, oily skin foundation, sephora

Sometimes I just want to take a more laid back approach to my makeup routine. Not that you can't do so with liquid foundation, but usually you apply it with a brush or a sponge. With a cream stick foundation, it's actually preferred that you apply it with your fingers. And when you're traveling, it's so easy to stick it in your toiletry kit without worrying about the glass breaking or liquid spilling all over. If you want to put it in your purse or carry-on, you're free to do so without needing to put it in a 3 oz. ziplock bag. I'm thinking about my upcoming vacations (Milwaukee, Wisconsin Dells and Chicago next week, and Mexico honeymoon in March!!) and how I can make packing my makeup bag as easy and light as possible.

I've been wanting the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick for a while, and I added it to my birthday wishlist last month. It was one of the many gifts Cecilio gave me for my birthday (thanks love!) This cream foundation stick does not come cheap: it is $46 for 0.31 oz. in a small, retractable tube. It comes in 24 shades, with different undertones. I rely on Findnation to find the best foundation shade for me based on the foundation shades I already used. The shade 4.5 (Warm Neutral) suited my skin tone best, and they were not at all far off.



Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick Warm Neutral, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick 4.5, Bobbi Brown, Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick, foundation stick, cream foundation, cream stick foundation, makeup, dry skin foundation, oily skin foundation, sephora
Left: Swatched on my arm. Right: Blended in.

This is a sheer–medium coverage foundation. Though it is buildable, it will never cover everything completely the way liquid foundations do. I draw (as in, horizontal stripes) all over my face with this, and then blend. When I need a little more coverage, I draw in again, but fewer stripes. I have to say how I am impressed with how it covers a lot of the redness on my nose, though not completely.  If I want more coverage and for it to last longer, I set it with Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder...but that kinda defeats the purpose of making this a portable product (unless you get a translucent pressed powder so that it doesn't make a mess all over your bag). I started applying my makeup at 2 pm yesterday using this and setting it with the powder, and it stayed all night. I was pretty impressed!

I find that the best way to blend this is either with the foundation brush or fingers. In fact, I would recommend using your fingers so that it warms up your face and makes it easier to blend. I tried using a damp beautyblender and it was actually the most difficult method of blending, so I don't recommend using that for this foundation.

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick Warm Neutral, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Stick 4.5, Bobbi Brown, Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick, foundation stick, cream foundation, cream stick foundation, makeup, dry skin foundation, oily skin foundation, sephora

This foundation is meant to be like "your skin, but better" and enhance your beauty, with flaws and all. Without the powder, this is more of a natural looking finish. This is meant for all skin tones, but I imagine that those with oily skin would want or need the powder. After all, Bobbi Brown's (the CEO, who is also an author and celebrity makeup artist) philosophy is all about embracing a woman's natural beauty. In fact, she started her lipstick line based on neutral tones, back in the 1980s when makeup and fashion where loud, bright, and punchy.

Would I wear this when I'm rushing out the door? Absolutely. Would I chuck this in my travel makeup case? You bet. Would I wear it for a night out or party? Yeah, as long as I have my translucent powder. Would I have worn this for my engagement photos (or wedding photos)? No because I need the coverage there, especially for photos.

This is a great everyday foundation for those moments where you don't want to look too made up and where you want to rock the "no makeup"-makeup look. I wouldn't use it for moments where you will be photographed a lot. I probably won't bring this to my Midwestern trip next week, but I will definitely bring this to Mexico, especially because it will be so hot and I wouldn't want my makeup to melt off. Besides, we will mostly be in the beach, water park, and venturing out to the ruins, and makeup will be the last thing on my mind (except maybe some mascara and tinted lip balm). But I can imagine wearing those during a night out in Playa del Carmen when Cecilio and I scope out the restaurants and possibly go dancing.

Do you have this product or any of the Bobbi Brown products?
Are you into cream stick foundations?

21 comments :

  1. I love this foundation for every day! It looks so natural on the skin and I always grab for this when I'm in a rush because swiping it all over the skin makes it so easy and fast!

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The convenience factor is why I've been eyeing it for a while :) and the sheer, natural finish of course!

      Delete
  2. This looks awesome! Love the convenience of the stick too
    xx

    Lizzie | Takeoffs & Landings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks very nice but I bet is very expensive. You look nice and so does your blog. Greetings,
    Flo
    https://femeieastazi.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super expensive. My fiancé got it for me for my birthday, so I'm thankful. And thanks for the compliment <3

      Delete
  4. This sounds really impressive, a great daily foundation. I like that it is so long lasting, wish it had a bit more coverage and product! Great review xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a little on the fence about stick foundations in general! I've actually never tried one myself, but the reviews seem a little mixed. I've heard some good things about this one by Bobbi Brown, though. :) I'm just not sure whether it would be right for me! I like my foundations really heavy-duty, since my skin is terrible and I have a lot of cover up. Also, my skin gets super oily so I need something that will help me control that, too. This stick foundation seems lovely for everyday wear, like you said, but I think I'd need something a little more heavy duty! Really appreciate your honest thoughts, hun, this was a really good, thorough review & you look sooo lovely! :) xoxo <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did hear from another blogger about how the ABH stick foundation is good for people with oily skin so you might want to check that out :) and it's half the price too! And thanks love <3

      Delete
  6. It looks great on you!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried any stick foundations, I'm curious about them but I think I like my full coverage too much! Have a great time on holiday, I've been to Wisconsin Dells but never Chicago or Milwaukee!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! I am looking forward the water park, haha!

      Delete
  8. Bobbi Brown do a stick foundation, I never knew, it seems pretty good but I've never brought a stick foundation! Have a lovely day :)

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, it's one of their most popular products :)

      Delete
  9. I'd never really considered a stick foundation but the hand luggage factor is such a good perk! Also you're definitely in safe hands with Bobbi Brown :)

    Claire | Vanity Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have only tried the MUFE stick foundation, and even then, I have only used it a couple of times. I need to pull it out and give it another try! I really like the amount of coverage this one gave you. It looks very natural and evens out your skintone without making you all one color like heavy, full coverage foundations tend to do. Def worth checking out!!

    Olive & Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look beautiful! Im glad you liked this product.

    Tia | The 10am Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't tried this but I love stick foundations. Highly recommend the Benefit, Playstick too :) x

    Sincerely, Sarah xx
    www.sincerelysarah.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, of all the Benefit foundations I've only the the Hello! Flawless powder one!

      Delete