Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in "Project Chimps"


I've always been a fan of Kat Von D's liquid lipsticks ever since I got my hands on the shade Berlin last year. Well, some shades are hit or miss for me. Like Lolita (it did not look flattering on me, but I did end up buying Lolita II), and Double Dare (it was too light for me, so I just gave it to Cecilio's sister as one of my Christmas gifts). Other shades, like Bauhau5, I have been eyeing on. Well, when I found out last month that Kat Von D was releasing a limited edition shade, Project Chimps, I needed to get my hands on it. This warm brick red is everything, and came just in time for fall.


Project Chimps was released in Sephora in the store and online, and I unfortunately was not able to purchase it in the store. It was out of stock, so I ended up buying it online. It looks like it is no longer available in Sephora (online), but you can still score it on the Kat Von D website here.

Like all Kat Von D liquid lipsticks, this baby cost $20. Project Chimps was specifically created to end animal testing, and 20% of the money spent goes to Project Chimps, the organization the shade was named after. Project Chimps aims to stop using chimps for medical research and to retire them in a sanctuary. It's been rumored that she created this shade in dedication to Harambe, the gorilla who was killed in the Cincinnati Zoo this past May. Notice how there 3 chimpanzee silhouette illustrations in the box on the photo above.



On the back of the box, the Project Chimps logo is embedded with the description of the cause.

Like I said earlier, this shade came at a perfect time for the fall season. It is a brick red with some yellow-ish undertones. This is the perfect complement to chunky sweaters, olive green jackets, black skinny jeans and boots. It brightens up the neutral colors we've been craving for this season.



Kat Von D liquid lipsticks are literally everlasting, and they hardly budge. I even had a hard time removing the swatch from my arm. I have noticed that this is a tad more long lasting than other Kat Von D shades. However, that means it's more drying. It flakes off a little bit, but nowhere near as bad as the Colourpop or ABH liquid lipsticks. I've worn this while eating oily Chinese and Indian dishes.

Here's what it looks like after my Indian buffet lunch on Sunday:


It still leaves a nice stain, but you can see that the center of my lip is faded. So even though it has some strong longevity, I recommend reapplying a fresh coat every 5 hours or so (or less if you ate something). Here's what it looks like reapplied:


And like with all liquid lipsticks, don't forget to exfoliate and apply lip balm beforehand!

I really love how universally flattering this shade is. As a woman of color, I am very picky about finding the most flattering lip shades, which is something I struggle with. No matter what skin tone you have, you will enjoy this shade.

Rock a sexy fall lip color for a noble cause?! I'll take it. If you can get your hands on this, don't hesitate. It's a wonderful shade :)

Do you have any other Kat Von D liquid lipsticks you love?

17 comments :

  1. I've never tried the lipsticks of Kat von D. But I'd like to. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous shade on you! I have yet to try KVD liquid lipsticks but I have two of the studded lipsticks which I love.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good on you! Totally need to try it!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cause and the shade! Perfect autumn color x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This lip tint is divine! Baci, Valeria - Coco et La vie en rose FASHION & BEAUTY

    ReplyDelete
  6. These liquid lipsticks are the best! I picked up two little travel sized KVD lipsticks last holiday - Lolita and Lolita 2. I adore Lolita! It's literally the perfect nude!

    http://covetedbeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not crazy but Lolita but I do love Lolita 2!

      Delete
  7. This lip shade looks gorgeous. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This shade looks so stunning on you!! I love that money goes to Chimpanzees too :) That whole incident at that zoo was too sad

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shade! It is the perfect shade for fall but I would definitely wear this in spring too!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful shade, I am (obvi) in love <3

      Delete
  10. This is a gorgeous shade and it looks so beautiful on you! I love the cause behind it! Will definitely get it if it becomes available in UK. x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard that there is now Kat von D in the UK now (in Debenhams?), as I saw from some other bloggers' hauls!

      Delete
  11. I love Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks! I love the formula and could see it working for the both of us! ;-) You're right, it's not as drying as Colourpop but has more staying power than NYX's Soft Matte Lip Creams! I love KVD's Noble as my go to nude for pale girls, otherwise I'm reaching for my Colourpop Ultra Matte in Platform, which they no longer carry! :-( That shade looks amazing on you, and now they're sold out! I had thought about it because of the cause since I know I don't need any more reds... I might have to cave when they're back! Life of a makeup junkie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it because it's not a true red, although those call for a special occasion sometimes. For nudes/browns, I love the new shades from the Soft Matte Lip Cream in "Berlin" and "Dubai"! I know how you feel though, I was tempted to get Ruby Woo after I accidentally left my Urban Decay lipstick in 714 in my pants and when I put them in the laundry washer, it was gone!

      Delete