Fall Blush Faves


Those days of coral and hot pink blushes are over...for now. Now that fall is here, it's time to whip out some of the deeper, plum-like shades of blush. But just because you're not feeling a vampy kind of flush, doesn't mean you can't rock other shades this season! Nudes, mauves and golds are also all in the range. I've got enough cool-weather blushes to write this post AND to keep my from buying more (although I have been eyeing the NARS shade in Outlaw...), but writing this post will give me an incentive to use these babies and even hit pan. And it can give you an idea of what hot shades to get during this season if you're looking for a new shade in your arsenal!





NARS (Dolce Vita): For a not-too-dramatic flush, this dusty rose is the perfect shade giving the illusion of chilly cheeks. I'm a huge fan of NARS blushes, and while this post is dedicated to fall blushes, Dolce Vita is one of those shades you can actually wear every year!

NARS (Seduction): For a added boldness, you will love Seduction, a rich plum shade. It's also on the cool toned side and super-pigmented that you may or may not need to contour. 

BECCA Mineral Blush (Nightingale): It's a little more subtle than Seduction, but also great as an introduction to fall-inspired makeup. 

Milani Baked Blush (09 Red Vino): Though it appears lighter than other shades, do not be fooled: be careful with adding a lot of color on the cheeks because it ends up looking very clown-like. In other words, it's much more pigmented that appears on the swatch. I would venture to say that this is actually most suitable for deeper skin tones.

NYX (Terracotta): If you really, really don't want to dip your fingers into plum shades, this warm pale brown is a great choice, paired with a bold brown lip or smoky eye for balance.

MAC (Ambering Rose): This is a slightly darker and warmer version of NYX Terracotta, making it a great shade for tan skin tones as well. It's a sheer tone, and it has finely milled specks of shimmer to balance out a matte lipstick, but it is also buildable if you want more color. You can use it as a bronzer too (not a contour though).

Gabriel Cosmetics (Contour): Despite the shade name called "Contour", this is actually a brick red blush. I found this at my local grocery store that only sells eco-friendly beauty products. It is very subtle and buildable, and non-intimidating.

ColourPop (Cheerio): Even though non-powder blushes (cream, liquid, gel, etc.) are more summer suitable, you can still rock certain shades as the temperatures cool down, like this cranberry shade!

ColourPop (Quarters): Okay, I lied in the first paragraph...this is kind of a coral shade. The only way that makes it qualified as a fall shade is that it doesn't scream bright orange...it quietly resembles a pumpkin spice type of shade.

What are your favorite fall blushes?

10 comments :

  1. Wow, that is an amazing blush collection, Hahhan! I literally have like 2 in my staff (well, maybe 3). I LOVE all these gorgeous shades: everything from berry to coral'y/pumpkin ones. Milani Red Vino & NARS Dolce Vita are stunning <3 I haven't ever tried a NARS blushes but have heard great things about them - and your posts proves that just one more time ;)
    Hope you're having a lovely week, girl!
    xox Nadia
    www.mielandmint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would love Dolce Vita, it would look fab on you! I hope you have a wonderful week too <3

      Delete
  2. I don't think Milani blushes swatch well but they are certainly pigmented on the cheeks! Great picks, I don't have many plum toned blushes but now I want to pick some up x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I underestimated how dark this shade was going to be!

      Delete
  3. Because of how much red my hair pulls and my pale skin, I still cheat and reach for something peachy like MUG Smitten. I start going mauvey later, but have Nars Sin which is probably as dark as I go! I definitely was loving my share of liquid and creamy blushes over the summer though. My skin is so confused right now with my fall clothes in storage and ready to hit the makeup, lol! Love the swatches! I would definitely give Colourpop Quarters a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the MUG blushes but would love to get my hands on Covet. I've seen NARS Sin but would feel like it's too light :/

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful collection of blushes, thank you so much for sharing these! :) Honestly, I've never been into typically summery shade blushes myself - I quite enjoy deep plums all year round. I find that they work beautifully with warm toned eyeshadows! From your lovely swatches, I think my favourite would be the one by Becca or maybe NARS. I think I will be adding those to my never-ending wishlist! Hope you're having a fab weekend so far. <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know what you mean with how plum and berry blushes complement warm eyeshadows! For me, I also feel like a plum shade can also act as another contour.

      Delete
  5. I loveeeeeee Nars Seduction!!!! And the mecca one looks awesome as well :D

    xx SofiaaDot
    sofiaadot.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen Terracotta in the past but I was afraid of how brown it is and now I wish I gave it a try. Nightingale is beautiful, need to add it into my Sephora Love list.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete