Fall Berry Lip Dupe: Anastasia Beverly Hills vs. L'Oreal


It's time to break out the berries in this chilly autumn season! While I adore the Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks, I don't adore the cost. Which is why I try to steer clear from it. One of my favorite shades is Craft, which is described as sangria. In other words, it's a medium–deep plum. I love this shade because it is universally flattering on all skin tones and is not too purple, so it's definitely wearable on the regular. But if there is no Sephora available or if you can't/won't spend the $20, I have an alternative option: L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Gloss in Forbidden Kiss.


While the ABH lippie is $20 for 0.11 oz., you can get your paws on L'Oreal's tubes for $10 (or even $7-ish if you buy it at Walmart or Target) for 0.21 oz! That's right: it's half the price, twice the amount of product.

The biggest difference between these 2 products is the formula: while ABH dries down completely (and fast), L'Oreal's product is more of a demi-matte...hence the name, Pro-Matte Gloss. It doesn't dry completely, and it still has a smooth and wet feel. Therefore, it has less staying powder and you have to reapply every few hours, especially after every meal. Some people don't mind because it means that it's not as drying and uncomfortable, but for me, it does not make a difference. It is still just as drying as the ABH liquid lipsticks, if not moreso. My lips crumble and flake, which is why if you have chronically dry lips like I do, you need to exfoliate the hell out of them and apply as much lip balm as you can.


As you can see, L'Oreal's shade is a little bit on the redder tone. I personally like the quality of the ABH liquid lipsticks better, but the L'Oreal Pro-Matte glosses have some gorgeous shades, and Forbidden Kiss is no exception. If you are craving for a wine-stained lip on a budget, I highly recommend this shade!

Do you have any of these shades, or any shade from ABH or L'Oreal? What are your favorite lip colors?



7 comments :

  1. Both of those shades look gorgeous!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color is definitely the same! Personally I prefer a liquid lipstick that isn't completely matte :)

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dupe color looks the same! thank you!

    http://www.asshlyofficial.com/2016/10/layering-like-pro.html
    http://www.asshlyofficial.com/2016/10/everyone-is-wearing-this-jacket.html
    http://www.asshlyofficial.com/2016/10/secret-beauty.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these sort of shades, so thank you so much for this recommendation! I don't own any ABH lippies but I've always wanted to try them, they look so gorgeous and the quality seems absolutely top notch! :) L'Oreal seems like a good dupe especially considering the price. The colour is slightly more reddish like you said, but I'm glad that the quality is decent. I normally tend to avoid lipsticks that might be drying, but I'm tempted to check this range out. Thank you for the honest review and comparison! Hope you're having a beautiful weekend so far. <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope ABH comes out in the UK so that you can try them! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend too love <3

      Delete
  5. I will try this out! I'm currently having a Fresh Sugar Rose Lip Treatment giveaway and will have a new giveaway every Friday with products from UD, Too Faced, Fresh, Hourglass, Buxom and more. You should come check it out!
    Https://www.bluecanyoncorner.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete