3 MAC Lipsticks I want to empty


As I was sorting out my makeup to store in my new organizer, I found a few full bags of lipsticks. Then I started hating myself and regretting how much lip products I bought, especially when I haven't been using them that often. But I will use that energy to actually use those damn lipsticks.



I haven't picked up some of my MAC lipsticks in a while, and it's a shame because I could be taking advantage of the Back-to-MAC Program (taking back 6 empty MAC products in exchange for a free lipstick or eyeshadow). I honestly was tempted to get Ruby Woo after I purchased the similar Urban Decay lipstick in "714", and accidentally left it in one of my pockets while doing laundry; now it's gone and it took a few washes to clean that lipstick out of my clothes.

By frequently using these 3 particular MAC lipsticks, I will be able to flee temptation from spending on more lipstick (which I'm too embarrassed to even count how much I have):

MAC Russian Red
This matte red shade often gets compared to Ruby Woo, except that RR is deeper and more sultry. I actually haven't used this as much as it appears on the tube: I've used a lot of it for my Halloween makeup (blood for a zombie barista, and for my clown look). Great to use for a night out with friends or a lover, and at a party!

MAC Persistence
I know that lots of beauty junkies love Velvet Teddy or Whirl, but they just don't sit well with my skin tone. Persistence is a matte reddish brown nude that works though. I haven't been feeling the bold lip, especially when I went out to SF to see my best friend for her birthday. So I whipped this out to balance out my smokey eye. I honestly have no idea why I haven't been using this, but whatever, I will be reaching for this more!

MAC Retro
With the millions of times I have talked about this shade, it's a surprise that I haven't even emptied this tube yet. Well, let me tell you why: I thought I lost it, and ended up buying another tube. Whoops! This is my all time favorite shade: I've used it on my graduation day, job interviews, actual jobs, and even engagement photos! I decided that I won't be doing my wedding makeup anymore, but if I still decided to go through with it, I'd probably wear this or Persistence. This cinnamon pinky-red is wonderful for fall too! I also see that a lot of Indian beauty bloggers love this shade: it's so so flattering for those with medium–deep skin tones.

Top to bottom: Russian Red, Persistence, Retro

Have you emptied any MAC lipsticks? Which ones?

4 comments :

  1. Persistence looks really pretty! I've been loving Velvet Teddy so if that's a similar shade I'm down. I definitely need to use up some lipsticks as well, sadly I'm not even close with any of mine!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russian Red would be the perfect lipstick to wear on a night out and Persistence for every day now in fall! I don't own many MAC lipsticks but I have been purchasing a large number of lipsticks lately, hope I don't regret it!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  3. Persistence looks like my sort of shade, so beautiful and subtle! Hope your well Hannah :)

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Mac Russian Red and for me it's such a true Christmas red that I don't really wear it any other time of the year, so I know how hard it is to make a dent in it! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete