Pink Lipsticks for Fall


I'm happy to report that it's actually getting cooler here in Sacramento, and it is starting to feel like fall. Though I don't like the wind (It's windy outside right now), I'm welcoming the lower temperatures and happy to escape the heat.

Fall is the time to break out the mauves, browns, nudes, and deep reds. But what if you can't seem to let go of your pink lipsticks? Usually, pink is associated with spring or summer. But I believe that you can still wear them. During the fall season, I reach for deep berry wines or muted pinky nudes. I try to steer clear from hot pinks (though 2 years ago, I did do a review of MAC Candy Yum Yum—so break the rules if you so wish!)

What pink lip colors will you see me sporting this season?




Left to right: L'Oreal Color Riche (705–Jennifer's Pink), Rimmel Moisture Renew (450–Berry Rich), MAC D for Danger, NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (Prague), Too Faced La Creme (Pink Chocolate), Bare Minerals Gen Nude (Friendship), Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip (Kisses), Milani Amore Matte (Loved).

L'Oreal Color Riche (705–Jennifer's Pink): Of the celebrity pinks/nudes/reds in the L'Oreal  Colour Riche collections, I tend to lean towards Jennifers' shades, since my skin tone is closest to Jennifer Lopez'. The other celebrity pinks (including Eva Longoria's shades) tend to be on the paler side, whereas this is rich and not too loud.

Rimmel Moisture Renew (450–Berry Rich): This is a universally seasonal shade, so it's feminine enough to be perfect for spring, but almost-vampy-not-quite for fall. Though when we think of fall makeup, matte makeup comes to mind, this is very comfortable and balmy on the lips, perfect for the windier and drier days.

MAC D for Danger: If I had only 1 fall pink lipstick to wear, it would be this one. This is deeper than magenta, and almost close to red. I feel like this adds a punch to a neutral-colored (flesh, browns, grays) fall outfits such coats, scarves, and boots. '

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream (Prague): This is one of my favorite shades on the NYX Soft Matte line. This is universally flattering, but don't be fooled on my arm: it's actually darker on my lips. For someone with fair skin, this would be even darker and deeper.

Too Faced La Creme (Pink Chocolate): This is a great brownish pink nude for those with medium–tan skin. A shade like this is very hard to find. Though I'm not a fan of how easily it fades, but I will be testing it with the Smashbox Insta-Matte Lipstick Transformer.

Bare Minerals Gen Nude Liquid Lipstick (Friendship): For something more subdued without screaming babyish, this is gorgeous! Especially on all skin tones. It is matte and stays put, but is more comfortable to wear than other liquid lipsticks.

Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip (Kisses): To me, this would be the Stila Patina liquid lipstick for those with medium skin or darker (and it is creamier and less drying). It is dark and rosy and goes well with various outfits. 

Milani Amore Matte (Loved): This mauve could pass as a dupe for Kat von D's famous Lolita I. Beware though, while it has staying power like glue, it is very drying and uncomfortable.

Do you still wear pink lipstick for fall? What are your favorite shades?

13 comments :

  1. What on earth...I have none of these shades at all which is so weird for me. LOL! I need to pick up the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Prague, it's such a gorgeous shade and I generally love that range.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it, it's a deep berry pink!

      Delete
  2. Great minds obviously think alike - my latest post is my fave neutral lipsticks for fall! Love your choices, the Bare Minerals Gen Nude shade is definitely one I'm going to be checking out, thanks for sharing

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British-Korean Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous shades, my favorite is Bare minerals Gen Nude one.
    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these shades are absolutely amazing for fall! I especially like the third shade from the left (D for Danger)!

    xo
    N
    Style Tomes ||ST on IG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prague has been on my wishlist for so long, however, I keep postponing to get it! I should at least give it a try, right? Love all these deep pink colours, I love wearing similar colours in a/w as well as so many berry shades :)

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should! It is one of my favorites!

      Delete
  6. D for Danger is stunning! If I had a shade like that I would definitely wear pink in the fall x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, these are sooo pretty!
    My fave is a deep and riche brown from Milani!

    Would you like to follow each other? :)
    xoxo, Colli
    my beautyblog - tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty! Some of them on me would be better as summer shades, but that's just because we have very different skin tones. This Autumn, I'm reaching for more pinky nudes & saving my berry shades for Winter. I'm not really sure why, it's just how I feel at the moment! Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, whereas a lot of the pinky nude/mauve shades look really pale on me. I wish I could pull off nudes better!

      Delete