Wishlist Wednesday: Sephora Edition


I am happy to say that I haven't stepped foot in Sephora for a while. When I was working at the fair, the mall was across the street, so it was easy for me to go after work and shop till I drop, especially as I was earning money. But during the 17 days at the fair, I was working 10 hours a day that I didn't even have time or energy to think about shopping. Plus, why wear makeup when I was baking and sweating outside?

I did order 2 things online though, expecting to come this Tuesday. Still, there are quite a bit of things I have been eyeing for a while but have thankfully been able to practice restraint. Maybe I will splurge for my birthday in October or during the VIB Sale. So what have I been eyeing?

Chanel COCO Eau de Parfum: I actually took a whiff of this in Ulta and I loved the strong, warm, sexy scent. If you are someone who likes to smell like cupcakes, then this isn't for you. When I think of this scent, I think of elegant and bold. It reminds me of apple cider and fall sunsets.

Benefit "Hello Flawless!" Powder Foundation (Honey): I actually had this 3 years ago and would wear this instead of liquid foundation whenever I was feeling lazy. Unfortunately, it crushed in my purse when I went to the Philippines. It has buildable coverage, and it was so easy to travel with. I wore this during a lot of our European excursions and it felt almost like nothing on my face. And even though powder foundation is more matte (hence, for oily skin), this worked well on my dry skin.

Kevyn Aucoin The Contour Book The Art of Sculpting + Defining: Kevyn Aucoin is a legend in the celebrity MUA world, so its no surprise that there would be a contour kit in his name. It comes with directions too so that I can perfect my contouring technique. A lot of the reviewers rave about how diverse it is, and how you can also use it for eyeshadows and brows.

Smashbox Insta-Matte Lipstick Transformer: I have a lot of cream lipsticks in shades that I love, but transfer really easily (like the Urban Decay Vice lipsticks in the cream formula). This mattifies your lips, making sure your lips last long. Sure, I can use the translucent powder trick, but it's really inconvenient and not portable. I could easily pop this in my purse.

CosmoCube Original Makeup Organizer: If I had to get ONLY 1 thing in this wishlist, it would be this. Sure, all of the other products are fun, but I have more makeup than I don't know what to do with and I've been so messy with it. It's overwhelming! Sure, I got a makeup organizer from BH Cosmetics for $40, but I barely have space to put anything in there. The CosmoCube is super duper expensive but with the amount of money I spent on makeup, this would be really good to put to use.

Stila Perfect Me, Perfect Hue Eye & Cheek Palette (Tan/Deep): Oh, I've been eyeing this for a while! I was debating on getting the Tan/Deep or the Medium/Tan shades, but I found that I liked the shades in the Tan/Deep Palette better. I could see myself using everything, especially the blushes.

Smashbox Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick (Big Spender): I tried this in Sephora and loved the warm rosy shade! It flattered my skin tone so well. And it does describe me (Big Spender). 

Marc Jacobs Shameless Bold Blush (214–Promiscuous): I actually almost bought this pretty pink shade during the April VIB sale and I regret that I didn't. This is the same price as a NARS blush too!

Sephora Collection Dry Revive: Dry Body Brush: I've always been curious about the benefits of dry brushing, how it exfoliates your skin and minimizes the appearance of cellulite (oh, I really hope so!) But I have not committed yet. This $14 is affordable and is probably good for beginners like me.

Moschino Fresh Couture: No, it's not 409 spray. This is actually a perfume. Okay, I'll be honest, I'm mostly buying it for the novelty. Either for myself or my mom, because she is all about cleaning and is obsessed with keeping the house neat. So this would be so her.

7 comments :

  1. I also used to have the Benefit Hello Flawless Powder Foundation and it was amazing! I like using it on lazy days too, but also to add extra coverage over liquid foundations!

    Abby Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually ordered a Bareminerals powder foundation (only so that I could take advantage of the 10x points at Ulta) and can't wait to try it!

      Delete
  2. You had me at Chanel COCO Eau de Parfum, "apple cider and fall sunsets"... sign me UP. Thanks for sharing xX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It smells amazing! I will get it on my birth month (October) when fall is in abundance!

      Delete
  3. I need to get makeup organisers, you don't want to see how messy my makeup table looks. I moved over a month ago and I still couldn't get a chance to arrange anything. Instant matte sounds good, at least then you can turn any lipstick into matte lipstick, I should check it out!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is horrible. Just when I think it's clean, it only takes a few more times getting ready before it gets messy. You can also use translucent powder to make a lipstick matte, but it's so inconvenient, and who wants to make a mess in their bag?

      Delete
  4. There's an exclusive new opportunity that is now available online.

    Big companies are paying average people for simply sharing their opinions!

    You can make up to $75 per each survey!

    And it's available to anybody from any country!

    ReplyDelete