Kiko Haul!

beauty, Kiko Milano, Kiko Milano eyeshadow, makeup, eyeshadow, lipstick, Kiko Milano Velvet Matte Passion Lipstick

My first encounter with Kiko, the affordable Italian beauty brand with a luxurious feel, was last month when I reviewed the Unlimited Lip Glosses. Let's just say that I didn't have too high of an opinion about them. However, I wanted to give the brand another chance. I've been in awe of their affordable eyeshadows in so many shades, for a less than $5 a pop. Plus, I have been on the hunt for shades of green, which can be difficult to find in the midst of nudes. I also wanted to try their famous Velvet Passion Matte Lipstick. Plus, there was a sale going on in the website and I knew I couldn't pass it up. 

I ordered 6 eyeshadows, for $4.90 each. This particular eyeshadow collection has a range of 48 shades, from shimmers to mattes to pearls! Also, I googled the shades to see the swatches on different arms and eyes. Here is my own version of the eyeshadow (and lipstick) swatches...

beauty, Kiko Milano, Kiko Milano eyeshadow, makeup, eyeshadow, lipstick, Kiko Milano Velvet Matte Passion Lipstick
Left to right: Velvet Passion Matte Lipstick (320–Hazelnut), eyeshadows: 107, 110, 116, 131, 175, 178

107: Pearly Meadow Green
This does not seem pigmented on my arm, but it looks amazing when I applied it on the lid. I was looking for this particular shade of green, because for the longest time (when I was 19–23), I had this green baked Milani eyeshadow that I would not stop wearing. You an see it in this photo (taken 6 and a half years ago):

beauty, Kiko Milano, Kiko Milano eyeshadow, makeup, eyeshadow, lipstick, Kiko Milano Velvet Matte Passion Lipstick

110: Pearly Electric Green
Although the swatch on my arm looks more bluefish, this is actually a bright emerald green. This was the most disappointing shade because as punchy and fun as it looks in the container, it hardly showed up on my arm. Even after watching and swiping for what it seemed like 10 times. 

116: Pearly Forest Green
This green shade has specks of yellow and gold, while being in the more muted side. This is much more pigmented than 110, and is great to use for the lid or the crease.

131: Satin Coffee
This is the most pigmented of the bunch I have bought. It is a medium warm brown with very, very tiny shimmer, much less than the pearly formulas.

175: Dove Gray
This pearly formula leans more on the warmer side, but I know that it would look great on all skin tones. If you want to create a smoky eye but don't want to opt for intense black, this is your jam!

178: Macropearly black
If you thought you couldn't get any bigger specks of glitter, try going macro. This is a great shade for a more hardcore, intense look, especially for a night out!

Last but not least is the Velvet Matte Passion Lipstick. I ordered the shade 320–Hazelnut, which turned out to be a disappointment as it hardly showed up as but a tint on my lips. Although my blogging buddies love the Kiko lipsticks, lets just say that this is my last time buying a lip product from there (I'm also basing this opinion off of the lip glosses).

Here is a look I created using the eyeshadows:

beauty, Kiko Milano, Kiko Milano eyeshadow, makeup, eyeshadow, lipstick, Kiko Milano Velvet Matte Passion Lipstick

I primed my entire eye area (from the upper lash all the way to the brow bone) with the Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original). Then I filled my lid with NYX Jumbo Liner in Black Bean (I learned this from Dagmara over at Mummy's Beauty Corner: she packs on black liner or shadow to intensify the eyeshadow colors she applies over it, so I decided to try it myself). I then apply 110 (Pearly Electric Green) and 107 (Pearly Meadow Green) on the lid, blending it together.  I patted a smidge of Butter Pecan (from the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar) in the middle of the lid to give my lids a 3D look. For the crease, I blended 116 (Pearly Forest Green) and 131 (Satin Coffee) together. I then applied Mousse (from TFSSCB) as transition and blended that along with the crease shades.

Since I wasn't very happy with the lipstick, I am wearing the Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss (Warm Bronze). That has been my most FAVORITE makeup product in the world! Recently. Haha.

Overall, I've been happy with the eyeshadows (except for 110). I will need to figure out a way to depot this without having to use a match or lighter to pry the case open so that I can put these babies in a Z-palette.

What are your favorite Kiko eyeshadows?

9 comments :

  1. Great haul and honest review :) The look is lovely on you!
    <a href="http://ablushingbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk/>A Blushing Beauty Blog</a> x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyeshadows look great for the price! I still haven't tried anything from that brand. Shame about the lip products though, I wish I could find a Kiko store where you could swatch all the products instead of guessing which ones you might like!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are actually a lot of Kiko stores here in the US but it's nowhere near where we live! They are all mostly in LA, the East Coast, Florida and one in Vegas and Texas...bummer!

      Delete
  3. I have a few products from Kiko and I haven't had a disappointing one yet! Shame that your first time with Kiko wasn't good. Pearly meadow green looks similar to what you were wearing 6 years ago, at least you found a matching colour of your old time favourite product :) Green eye makeup suits you!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's funny how similar Milani and Kiko Milano are...not just the name but it's association with Italy :)

      Delete
  4. okay, you are jaw-dropping gorgeous! Girl! your brows look amazing by the way! So glad you're dipping into kiko.. I LOVE their shadows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww shucks, thank you! I am blushing! I wish their shadows came loose so that I could put them in a Z-palette!

      Delete