August Beauty Favorites


We are now 2/3 into 2016! Can you believe how time just flew by?! Honestly, I could say that I was busy from May–July, but this month I've just been so "blah" and unmotivated to blog. I did my best though. I have a lot of worries and anxieties in my mind that sometimes prevent me from doing the things I want and need to do.

During my short summer job at the Fair, I was loving earning money and I subscribed to a few beauty boxes. I even resubscribed to ipsy, and hey, 3rd time is a charm because I have been liking their products this time around! Let's see, I subscribed and unsubscribed to Allure Beauty Box and Glossybox. I have had Play! by Sephora since May and have not reviewed any of their boxes.

Right now, I am currently subscribed to ipsy and Play!, and on the fence regarding whether to keep or get rid of Play! I worry that if I unsubscribe, I will have to go back on the waiting list, and it is really long, since so many people want the box.

Anyway, with my lack of motivation to blog comes with lack of motivation to put on makeup, but I do have a few staples that I have been reaching for:

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation: This has been my go-to foundation since April, especially for photos. I've mentioned this a lot, and almost thought of using this for my wedding makeup. However, I did use it for my engagement photo session, and it turned out wonderful.



 It is light enough for everyday but gives enough coverage for photos! It's no surprise that this is the 2nd time I have featured this in my "monthly favorites"!

Tartelette in Bloom Palette: This is my latest and greatest toy that I've been playing around with. I love the versatility, creaminess, pigmentation, and the smell! Like I have mentioned in my review, it smells like marshmallows!

Rimmel ScandalEyes Retro Glam Mascara: As I am looking this up on Google, I am shocked to see the low overall ratings at Ulta and Amazon (However, it is rated as 4.5+ on the Walmart, Walgreens, and Rimmel websites). This is supposedly a dupe for Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, which I love but do not want to spend $23 every 3 months for it. The Rimmel mascara is just as good, and gives me the thickening and curling that I want.

BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector "Opal": My first BECCA highlighter was the Champagne Pop which was collaborated with Jaclyn Hill. Before Champagne Pop came out on the market, Opal was a cult favorite among Jaclyn and many other beauty enthusiasts. Opal has finer particles, and therefore, makes a more subtle glow. It is flattering on all skin tones, especially on tan skin like mine. I was sold immediately when I was purchasing stuff at Sephora and this beautiful cashier had a gorgeous glow on her cheekbones, and I had to know what it was. It was Opal. And she was tanner than me!

Givenchy Dahlia Noir Eau de Parfum: I needed to have this as I was searching for a signature scent for the wedding, and read the description. The scent is so so fitting with the location and environment of my wedding, and dahlias are one of my main flowers. Specifically, burgundy dahlias. Though, there are no dahlias, because dahlias have no scent. Oh the irony! But more on that in another review.

IT Cosmetics No-Tug Waterproof Gel Eyeliner: I got this in the August ipsy glam bag, and it does not disappoint. I have been let down with a lot of pencil eyeliners...they have been fading really fast, or maybe because I am getting oilier eyes. It has staying power, and great pigmentation!

What has been your favorites in August? And what fall beauty and/or fashion staple are you looking forward to?

10 comments :

  1. I really really really want to give the tartelette palette a try but it is NEVER in stock which pains me a little bit! I've been wanting to try one of the Becca highlighters for quite a while now as well! I hear Opal and Champagne Pop are THE colours to have! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's a pain to get it in Europe. Opal is super dreamy, you will love it!

      Delete
  2. I loooove the Tartelette in Bloom palette, I wore it today! I have Opal but I find that it's too dark for my skintone. It is gorgeous though, I wish I could wear it!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could try Moonstone, I heard that that's the best shade for fair skin :) either that or Pearl.

      Delete
  3. I like the sound of the foundation! Is it low or high coverage?
    A Blushing Beauty Blog x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's any coverage you want it to be, it's extremely buildable!

      Delete
  4. Hi Hannah!
    I totally understand the feeling of having a lot on your mind and not being able to focus on blogging.I hope September will be a better month for you.
    The Tartelette In Bloom palette looks AMAZING.
    http://carolinapage.eu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww hey Carol,

      Thank you for your sweet words! I love your encouraging spirit along with many other bloggers that encourage me to keep going! <3

      Delete
  5. I have a sample size of the Luminous Silk and love it. i'll definitely be getting it during the Sephora VIB sale :).

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make $20 for a 20 minute survey!

    Guess what? This is exactly what big companies are paying me for. They need to know what their customer needs and wants. So large companies pay $1,000,000's of dollars per month to the average person. In return, the average person, like me and you, answers some questions and gives them their opinion.

    ReplyDelete