July Beauty Favorites



Despite my best intentions, July is the month with the least posts so far this year. Why? For those of you who read my blog, you may know that I have been working/interning for the California State Fair since May. The internship ended this past Thursday. It was an amazing experience, and I met some awesome, energetic people (one of my bosses was Cecilio's former coworker, and she was an Emmy-winning reporter and teaches yoga!), and my confidence has soared so much that I feel like I will be tackle an interview. In fact, I have an interview this coming Wednesday. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers!

So when the fair started from July 8–24, I was working 10–12 hours a day. No joke. And you would think I would gain a lot of weight from eating all the deep fried, fatty foods, right? Also, there would be donuts, cakes, and pastries in the office and I sure as hell will not deny them! Despite all the food around me, I lost 5 pounds. Yes, you heard that right. I was keeping my breakfasts light (my teeth have also been insanely sensitive lately, and I am having insurance issues, but that's for another story...), and I have been walking in the heat (sometimes it would get up to 110°!) wrangling out mascot Poppy while everyone has been swarming us and asking for photos. Plus, I burned a hole in my wallet for buying all those foods. But I am happy, and I will start devising an exercise/healthy eating plan now. 5 pounds don't seem like much, but let's not forget that I have been taking prednisone for almost 3 years and gained 40 pounds from it. I'm now down 15 pounds since last year, so it's a pretty big deal to me.

Because of my intense work schedule and because of the heat, I hardly wore makeup. There were some days where I dolled up (like for the engagement photos, 4th of July parties, very few work days), but 95% I went bare-faced with the exception of brows, mascara, gel blushes, and a form of lip color (tinted lip balm, gloss or lipstick). I couldn't even find time to wax my brows.

What beauty products have I been reaching for this past month?

Benefit Precisely, My Brow Pencil: This eyebrow pencil has been my jam. Sure, I have other brow pencils, but I have been reaching out for this more and more. It's really pricey at $24, so you bet I am making the most of it! It is super pigmented too, and I love the thin, precise (no pun intended) pencil so when I outline my brow, it reaches the other point. It's so thin that it creates the illusion of real brow hairs when you fill them in.

Milani Baked Blush (Bellissimo Bronze): I know it's called a blush, but I use this as a bronzer and sweep it with a kabuki brush to give me a sunny summer glow. Don't think that just because you're tan that you don't need bronzer. Well, it's not an absolute must, but I feel like sun bunny goddess from using this.

Hard Candy Cheeky Tint (Diva): During the days I didn't wear any other makeup, I still reached for this. It's a very lightweight formula, and buildable to however much pigment you want. It even withstood sweat and heat. Diva, the hot pink shade, is my favorite and gives me that "just chillin' out on the sun" look.

NYX Mat Velvet Lipstick (Charmed): I was really excited when these came out. The packaging is exactly like the NYX Matte lipsticks, except that the formula is creamier (still a little drying though). I really love the shade Charmed; it's a warm rosy nude that goes WONDERFULLY with my skin tone. You know how hard it is to find a nudish-rosy shade for those with darker skin? Well, I really really recommend this shade. It's probably going to my one of my signature shades.

Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Gloss (Warm Bronze): I've been more into gloss lately because it's not as drying as lipstick. ABH lip glosses are one of my favorites because it feels smooth and not sticky, and they are in no way sheer. Despite the name of the shade Warm Bronze, it's a deeper dusty pink shade. It's super flattering on all skin tones! It goes well on it's own, but I also like applying it over the NYX Charmed lipstick.

What beauty products have you been loving in July?

5 comments :

  1. I really need to try Benefit's new eyebrow range!! Great post! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fair sounds like a tough job, but a lot of fun! I have been loving the Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil, but I want to check out the other products!

    www.youarebeaut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the interview, hope it works out for you! I keep forgetting to check out the HC cheek tints, I love the look of one of the lighter shades you reviewed x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a fun internship, good luck for your interview!

    http://www.thebutter.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shade of that Nyx lipstick! And good luck with your interview! x

    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete