What's in our Wedding Registry?


With a bit more than 9 months to go until we say our "I Do"'s (and today is our 7 year/4 month dating anniversary!), Cecilio and I have been vaguely envisioning our home. We actually started our registry in January and we are slowly adding more and more stuff. No, I would not put the link of our registry on our website nor would I post it on this blog,  but I just wanted to share with you guys a few things we have added (we have registered with Macy's and Bed Bath and Beyond). We our in our mid-late 20's and are still living at home, and I am actually ashamed to even admit that...but our justification is that we both graduated from university and we are trying to save up for our own place. My job is only seasonal right now (I also do respite work for my 16 year old niece who has autism). Plus, it made sense for me to stay home while my dad was still alive and very sick, and while I was going through my own lupus flareups and seizures. Also, I help my mom a lot with my younger sister who has autism. So moving in together as a married couple will be completely new to us, but I am so looking forward to it! We added a mix of practical and kitschy items in our registry, such as:




Keurig® K55 Classic Brewing System
(we actually have a lot of coffee machines in our registry, such as an espresso machine, regular coffee machine, and even a French press!)

Belgique Stainless Steel 11-piece Cookware Set

Moby 20x30 Bath Rug


What was in your registry? Or if not married, what are some must-haves for your [current] or future home?

7 comments :

  1. My mom told me for the wedding registry, you should just pick stuff you want. Hence why she got a lot of shoes and makeup and bags! Haha! I guess it's our different cultures. Though honestly, I'd love a coffee machine <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your mom is hilarious! Unfortunately, that would be looked down upon in the US. Although we mostly get furniture and home-related stuff, you can also put things in the registry that are hobby-related. There's even the rise of the "honey fund" where couples are registering their honeymoon activities (not the airfare and hotel I hope!), and I've even toyed around with that idea, but it's also seen as rude and tacky.

      Delete
  2. I love the elephant shakers and the whale rug! So, so cute. We basically put everything on our registry, as we were starting out with literally no furniture, so imagine us wandering Bed Bath and Beyond for hours.. But don't be afraid to add things you want. I added a grey hippo cookie jar, and it was one of our favourite gifts! SO excited for you Hannah!!!! xX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha we even put Star Wars rugs! I also wanted a sand castle shaped bathroom set (toothbrush holder, tissue box, soap holder, etc.) so I added that in too. We have done all of the registering online, not scanning everything in person. Hippo cookie jar sounds so adorable!

      Delete
  3. There should be no shame about you guys still staying at home with parents, unfortunately it's a very common thing these days. The cost of living is so high these that majority stays home with parents for many reasons, mostly financial. My best friend still stays home with her family, well, both her and her husband and they are in their 30s because the cost of living in Kuala Lumpur is just insane these days.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I shouldn't be so hard on myself about it, especially because all of my other friends live at home too, but a lot of our peers have been out on their own. My cousins in Vancouver stayed with their parents too until they got married at 28 and 31, and they were able to save up for their own weddings (which were pretty grand), a custom built house (although my cousin's husband's mom helped pay for some of it), and then another cousin now owns a condo. Vancouver prices are ridiculous from what I've heard (I've visited there 3 times and it's so so gorgeous though)

      Delete