My first set of Sigma brushes


They say that the best and most luxurious makeup would look very spotty and amateurish on your face if you don't have the right tools for it. Well I certainly agree, I am a believer that you don't have to burn your wallet on makeup brushes. You can find great quality brushes from brands such as ELF, Eco Tools, Real Techniques, Morphe, etc. However, I know that top-notch brushes make your life so much easier, and have that give your makeup a touch of something magical. I have heard wonderful things about the Sigma brushes, and how they are amazing dupes of the insanely expensive MAC brushes. My curiosity peaked, but I was still hesitant of getting them because I still found them to be quite pricey. I decided to jump the gun and purchase a few during the 20% off Memorial Day sale. I was able to score 5 brushes for $61.60, which is about the price of 2–3 MAC blushes. Not bad, huh?

I was quite surprised to be greeted with their packaging as I opened the box. It certainly is a special delivery, especially since this is my first Sigma haul!


I also received a catalog of all of their products. Which is good because I am interested in getting a few more brushes along with the brush cleaning mat...but also bad, because BYE BYE MONEY!!



Which brushes did I get? (Left to right)

High Cheekbone Highlighter (F03): I usually highlight my cheekbones with an angled contour brush, but this is great if I want a softer and subtle glow yet still precise. It's also small enough where I could highlight on the bridge of my nose, so that I don't need to use another brush. You can use both cream and powder products for this! I actually have been applying blush with this. It's pretty versatile.

Blending (E25): This $14 is a dupe to the $25 MAC 217. It's so so soft, almost like kitty fur. I love incorporating different shades of eyeshadow to create a cohesive, artistic look, but I definitely don't want to look like I don't know what I am doing. 

Diffused Crease (E38): Like the name, I use it to blend out the crease area of my eyeshadow, especially when there's 2+ shades. I also blend my crease with the transition shadow (the area above the crease) close to the brow bone.

Shader Crease (E47): A smaller crease brush, I like to use this to apply the outer V corner of my lid.

Firm Shader (E57): You guessed it, I use this for the my lid!

I also got a free lip gloss that I wasn't too wowed about. 

What they all have in common (and what I have been so impressed with) is the amount of product they seem to pick up compared to my Coastal Scents Brushes. The brush handles are top notch and don't break, and the bristles are still intact. The beauty of Sigma is that I signed up for their mailing list and I will always get a notification whenever there will be a sale going on, but I have to be very, very careful :D They have a variety of brushes for contouring and highlighting, whether you want a sharper, slaying look vs. a soft, subtle one. They also have different sizes for the lids, crease, liners, etc. to cater to customers' different eye shapes and sizes, and I think it's awesome that they take that into consideration.

Do you guys have any Sigma brushes? What are your impressions?

9 comments :

  1. These are probably the brushes that I would pick if I bought from Sigma! The highlighting brush looks especially pretty, I've been looking for one x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are awesome and so soft! Check em out when you can :D

      Delete
  2. I've never owned Mac brushes because they're just way too expensive for me, but I used to own a Sigma brush set back in the day. And I agree that brushes are amazing, especially to use for foundation application. I don't really use brushes anymore though because I'm just waaay to lazy to clean them >_< super bad of me.

    http://www.thewanderingkitsune.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My first MAC brush was a stippling one, and I was in disbelief with how expensive it was. Yes I hate brush cleaning but they are a necessary evil.

      Delete
  3. It is always so fun to get new makeup tools! These look like super high quality brushes. I may just have to start saving up for them, because, you know, adulting. :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I totally know. I would only get them on sale, and I will wait until I save up more to get them!

      Delete
  4. That's exactly how I felt when I first ordered from Sigma! The packaging makes it feel extra special! I love the quality of the brushes. Welcome to the club! There is no turning back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temptation is greater to get more! haha

      Delete
  5. These sound great! I have the E25 but don't love it as much as my MAC 217 brushes. I'm not sure if that's because it's a short handle brush that came free with a magazine though. I know MAC's short handle brushes are always inferior quality to their regular brushes &, while my E25 certainly isn't inferior in quality, it isn't quite as good as my MAC 217s. I'll just have to pick up some more of their brushes on their website to see how I like them, oh the hardship! Haha Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete