MannyMUA x Makeup Geek Palette

mannymua, makeup geek, makeup geek eyeshadow, eyeshadow palette

My first encounter with Youtube beauty guru MannyMUA was last year, when I got the Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Palette, and I was searching for a tutorial on it. The first thing on the Youtube search that came up was his video, and I was very intrigued with his flamboyant personality and his beautifully-crisp makeup. I know that he does put off a lot of people because of his ingenuity. That said, when I saw photos of his eyeshadow palette in collaboration with Makeup Geek, I had to have it in my life. However, I put it off, telling myself...I don't need it, I don't need it!!!!!! (cue Spongebob) A few weeks ago, I gave in.

Ladies, I couldn't resist the foiled shades.

You can get this treasure on the Makeup Geek website for $45, which consists of 9 shades...foiled, shimmery, and matte. The 2 foiled shades, Insomnia (bottom left) and Luna (top right) are worth $10 a pan, whereas the shimmery and matte shades are worth $6. So that means getting each shade individually would add up to $62 total. So this palette is a steal, is it not?

MannyMUA has an affinity for all things astrology/Lunar/moon-related, as you can see in his logo and Youtube header. He also has a liquid lipstick collaboration with OFRA, with the shade names Hypno, Charmed, and Aries.

mannymua

So it's no surprise that the packaging of this palette is a sleek, black with that is holographic, with the box having space-y elements like shooting stars and of course, the moon:

mannymua, makeup geek, makeup geek eyeshadow, eyeshadow palette

My one complaint about this palette is that the shade names are not printed under the shades themselves. So you have to keep flipping the palette over to find out what the names are.

mannymua, makeup geek, makeup geek eyeshadow, eyeshadow palette

Some of the shades are Makeup Geek's originals, and some are curated by MannyMUA himself. The original shades are Beaches and Cream, Frappe and Cosmopolitan. It's funny because I already have the shade Cosmopolitan from this March's Boxycharm.

Here are the beautiful swatches shown on my arm:

mannymua, makeup geek, makeup geek eyeshadow, eyeshadow palette
Top to bottom:
Artemis (Shimmery creamy white)
Beaches and Cream (Matte light peach)
Luna (Foiled rose gold)
Cosmopolitan (Shimmery pinky-gold)
Sora (Matte tan with teeny sparkles)
Frappe (Matte Medium Warm Brown)
Insomnia (Foiled bluish-red that almost has specks of green shimmer)
Mars (Matte deep burgundy/marsala)
Aphrodite (Matte deep plum)

Now I see why Makeup Geek is so popular in the blogosphere. The shades are so rich in pigment, and they are up to par with MAC and Urban Decay, except that they are much more affordable at $6/pan compared to $16–$20. They are so smooth and have a buttery texture, which is not something you can find even in the drugstore aisles. I've always been intrigued with Makeup Geek, especially because the CEO, Marlena, is a Sacramento native. The shade Mars has kind of a gritty texture, but I actually like it! I keep fondling the shades (okay, that sounds creepy)...but they are just so high-quality and I must say I am impressed! My favorite shades are Insomnia, Artemis and Mars.

You can use the lighter shades on the first 2 rows for everyday wear (especially the matte ones). And the darker, bottom-row shades are perfect for a party or night out! However, I got super-excited about this palette that I went for a dramatic look at work. I felt rockin'! I would say that this is a moodier version of Urban Decay Naked 3.

I also like how he made this palette for ANYONE of all ages and races. As someone with a bit of color, it can be difficult to find beauty products that are flattering and show up on your eyes or lips.

mannymua, makeup geek, makeup geek eyeshadow, eyeshadow palette

I think Makeup Geek scored themselves a new customer. I'm dying to get some of the individual pans to put in a Z-palette, and I definitely want to try their new blushes!

Do you have this palette or any of the Makeup Geek products?

14 comments :

  1. okay, that Artemis shade is just gorgeous! and your makeup is so beautifully blended! this pallet is definitely going on my list. xX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a gorgeous palette. I highly recommend it! <3

      Delete
  2. That is a stunning palette. Loving every shade in there.

    Sam || Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the first time I heard about him, I will be checking his channel! I don't have any MUG eyeshadows, there are quite a few I want to get however I can't decide which one to get. I love the look you created, it is so pretty and colourful.

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am a converted MUG fan! They have beautiful and pigmented shades!

      Delete
  4. This palette looks gorgeous. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This palette looks amazing! I love the colour combination & would wear every shade! I've put off ordering from Makeup Geek because the import taxes & charges to the UK put me off. I need to look into it further though, as there are some amazing looking products in the Makeup Geek line. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful palette...I'm sorry that Makeup Geek or ColourPop doesn't ship to the UK, I hope they do soon! I've seen some UK people get it through a 3rd party, but who wants to deal with the inconvenience?!

      Delete
  6. These shades are absolutely lovely! Especially those two holographic ones

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, how beautiful are those colours?! I love the rich, slightly unusual shades features in this palette, and I'd absolutely love to get my hands on it! Thanks for the review, hun. <3

    Kay
    http://www.shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh they are so gorgeous! Though there are a few neutrals, I love how there are some shades I have never seen before. I am a converted MUG fan!

      Delete