June Beauty Favorites


I really, really, honest to God, tried to blog more in June than in May. But it fell to the wayside since June has been an insanely busy month for me–work, family functions, time with friends, chores, etc. I can barely even exercise as much as I want to. The good news is that all of the bridesmaids' dresses have been purchased (along with my wedding dress), and Cecilio and I are looking forward to our engagement photo session tomorrow!

I have purchased a lot of makeup that are waiting to be reviewed. I'm not sure that I will be blogging as much in July due to fair season starting and how irregular my hours will be, but I will try!

What have I been loving?

MannyMUAxMakeup Geek Palette: This was my first Makeup Geek purchase and I have to say that I am a huge fan. MannyMUA collaborated with Makeup Geek for this astronomy-inspired palette and while they do have original shades, he curated some beautiful ones, especially the foiled shadows. They are so rich in pigment. No wonder the blogosphere loves Makeup Geek.

IT Cosmetics CC Cream: If you need a flawless, mattified look, this is definitely for you even if you have dry skin like mine. It reduces appearance of pores, and has SPF 50, which is perfect for the summer! If only...they had a non-SPF version of this. I can imagine it would look great in photos. This CC cream photographs beautifully, but not with flash photography due to the SPF.

Urban Decay Vice Lipstick: The one shown above is a shade called Hitchhike, a reddish orange that looks beautiful on all skin tones. It wasn't one of the originals I bought, but I returned another shade, Crisis, for this. I loved the shade Manic and you all agreed that Manic looked the best on me, but I stupidly left it in my car when I was working, and it's been up to 110°F here. Of course it melted. Then I put it in the freezer and after I got it from the freezer, the lipstick popped off from the tube. Don't make the mistake I did.

Benefit Precisely, My Brow Pencil: This is a part of Benefit's new Brow Collection. I am such a sucker—I decided to buy this and Gimme Brow when I got my eyebrows waxed at the Benefit Brow Bar in the mall, and she decided to fill in my brows afterwards. Honestly at first I was a little intimidated because she had that classic "Instagram brows": dark and really, really sharp. I kinda like mine that way but a little bit softer and natural. She gave me exactly what I wanted, and lined this while filling it in with Gimme Brow. So I decided to get both. A review will be coming shortly.

BECCA Backlight Priming Filter: I got this in my June Sephora Play! Box and honestly, this is the only thing I have been using. I may have replaced Benefit Porefessional for this. When I used Porefessional under my Giorgi Armani Luminous Silk Foundation, it still looks patchy and accentuates my pores. But not this one. When I use it under Luminous Silk, t really gives me a flawless, filtered look naturally without doing FaceTune.

I promise I will be getting back to everyone's comments. I've been dying to do so!

What beauty products have you been loving on this past month?

6 comments :

  1. I remember everyone going absolutely crazy when the Manny palette came out. My problem is with limited edition, that a lot of the time they have such bold colours that i would never get round to using! Although those foiled eyeshadows look dreamy! I wrote up my June favourites and the Body shop chamomile cleanser is definitely a winner! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I use have used the bold colors even for work and it was all for good fun! I will check out your favorites!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear you're so busy, but at least some of your wedding planning is getting accomplished. That's the hardest part, I promise. take your time with life and we'll be here when you come back xX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am just doing as much I can with the free time I have!

      Delete
  3. I keep hearing good things about that IT cosmetics cc cream, i definitely need to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really don't know how I'm yet to buy some Makeup Geek shadows. This needs to change & soon. Fingers crossed I have some money coming in soon. I can't wait to check out the new brow launches from Benefit too, they seem to have something for everyone! Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete