IT Cosmetics "Your Skin But Better CC Cream"


I've been eyeing the IT Cosmetics CC Cream for about a year now, and for good reason: full coverage, lightweight/natural finish, and high SPF? Come to mama! Especially in this hot weather. I've tried a lot of BB creams and tinted moisturizers that are too sheer or "illuminating" (full of sparkle which I don't always want), or too heavy. 

When I was on the search for this at my local Ulta, I accidentally bought the new IT Cosmetics CC Cream Illumination, which is placed exactly where the original CC Cream used to be. I only realized it as I was applying it on my face and I saw the sparkle all over, and realized that there was something not right about this. I double-checked the box and the bottle, and there was "Illumination", in small cursive letters. The sparkle was akin to my Neutrogena Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer. I lost my receipt too, but thankfully since it's only been 2 days since I owned it, I was able to exchange it with ease (you have to return or exchange something within 60 days at Ulta if you don't have the receipt).

 And oh my gosh, I was walking and one of the employees, who was working at the Benefit Brow Bar right next to the IT Cosmetics stand, kept calling out my name: "Are you Hannah? Did I go to school with you?" And I couldn't recognize her, and asked her: "Did you go to Franklin?" (my high school) and she told me that she went to Laguna Creek High (one of Franklin's rivals, we have like 9 middle and high schools in our school district), and that she remembered me from middle school. We were both on the same track (our middle school was year round, and we were divided into 4 different tracks, and each track had 3 months of school following a 1 month vacation, so it wasn't the traditional school where there was a summer break) and I remembered her when she told me her name! It was nice seeing her, but so awkward. I was bullied relentlessly in middle school, like butt-of-the-jokes bullied, where nobody wanted to be my partner in classes, or a friend of mine had to pretend that she and I were no longer friends because crowd we were in didn't like me anymore, guys pretending to like me (in a mocking way, of course), or spreading sexual rumors about me that were never true, etc. so it has really crushed my confidence to this day. I don't tell anyone in person that's currently in my life, because that will confirm their suspicions about my weirdness. Luckily, this old classmate of mine wasn't one of the ones who bullied me (but I'm sure she knows people who did and that's why she recognized me). She looked completely different (but doesn't everyone 13-15 years ago?). She was sweet and we made small talk, and I was just telling her that I was going to exchange something, and I didn't know what else to say but to make a dash to the line because it was so awkward.

Anyway, I apologize for going off topic about my painfully gawky years. I really have been wanting the IT Cosmetics CC Cream, and I'm so happy that I finally got my hands on it. It is quite pricey for $38, but you get a tall-ish tube (6 inches tall) with 1.08 oz! That is insanely full, and the tube is nice and plump. It also comes with a pump, which I love because I know exactly how much product I am getting:


And you know what? One full pump gives you more than enough coverage. It is thick like lotion, and gives more coverage than some of my higher end foundations, like MUFE and Armani Luminous Silk! For those foundations, I have to use 2 pumps. 

After all, this is the description:

"This highly pigmented multi-tasking beauty miracle truly covers everything, will not crease or crack in fine lines, and gives you a healthy, Your Skin But Better® glow. Paraben-free and SPF 50+ UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum, Physical Only, Non-Chemical Sunscreen."

Here is what 1 pump looks like:


So you can see that it is pretty thick. It has a very limited shade range, and only comes in 5 ranges: fair, light, medium, tan, and rich. I got tan, the 2nd darkest among the range. As you can also see, it is pretty yellow-based, so I'm not sure how it would look on someone with pinkish undertones (but if you are one of those people and have this, let me know!). It matches my skin very well and does not oxidize.

I love how this gives me so much coverage and decreases the appearance of my pores, whereas some of my other foundations accentuate them. However, if I am careless with my skincare routine (which I kinda have been lately), it can be unforgiving and end up looking cakey. But it gives me flawless and full coverage, and it even covers my red nose! It also has SPF 50. I work for the State Fair right now, and although I am always in the admin office, when July rolls around and the fair opens, I will be doing ~50% of my work on the fairgrounds, so I need the sun protection, especially because as a lupus patient I'm technically not supposed to be under the sun (but I still do it anyway). 

The finish is satin/demi-matte. Since I have dry skin, matte foundations are not my friend, such as L'Oreal Pro Matte or MAC Prolongwear. I really notice the "matte"-ness in the work restroom, but it looks more like 2nd skin and natural. I was hesitant to buy this because usually full coverage=heavy feeling, but this is not the case at all. It is so lightweight that I even forget I'm wearing it!



Overall, I think that the IT Cosmetics CC Cream is a must-have summer staple for the mixture of sun protection and flawless coverage!

Do you guys have this and/or the Illuminating CC Cream?

19 comments :

  1. I love CC creams :)
    NEW BLOG ! please follow me : YOUNG BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a great product

    Take Care Doll! Kisses,
    BLOG | Taislany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much about this and I so wish it was available in the UK. Hope your well ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I hope it will be able to ship there soon, or come to the US :D hope all is well with you!

      Delete
  4. This sounds fantastic, so wish I could get it here in England just for the SPF alone. But the coverage is crazy good too! Xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, but if you ever get a chance to come to the US you should totally grab this!

      Delete
  5. This sounds great & looks gorgeous on you! I don't get on with heavy coverage products, preferring light or medium so I'll be checking their range to see if I can find a lighter alternative to try! Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! It is actually pretty lightweight for it having full coverage. There are some days where I'm feeling lazy so I slap on my Neutrogena tinted moisturizer for something light.

      Delete
  6. Wow! Your skin is already perfect, let's be real, but the coverage looks so natural! This is definitely going on my to-try list. And girl, don't feel bad for feeling so awkward seeing someone from your past. I live in a small town in a similar situation, so my life is basically awkward 24/7. It just goes to show how much they and you have changed, which can always be refreshing. You're a gem! xX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much for your kind words! Yeah, I haven't really moved out of my town that I have lived since I was 11, but after I get married I don't really want to live here anymore because there are too many bad memories ingrained in my mind! Thankfully I do have a strong solid group of friends that have stayed by my side throughout everything!

      Delete
  7. I keep seeing Vivianna loves Makeup rave about this, and I really really want to try it out, it looks incredible :)

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, and I hope you get your hands after it!

      Delete
  8. Great before and after pics! That's what made me fall in love with the product after receiving a trial size. Unfortunately after purchasing the full size, I started to break out and later figured out I'm pretty sensitive to products with sunscreen. Do you ever have your excuse ready and rehearsed when returning a product? I did that day because I felt they were going to think I was crazy for returning it. I loved the coverage and protection, but not the pimples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would've wanted the travel-sized tubes but they only come in light and medium. I'm so sorry you're allergic to sunscreen-based products, and it's super important for us lupus patients :( I've been returning a whole bunch of stuff lately (mostly lipsticks I end up hating) and I don't give a reason, I just exchange it for something I think I would really want!

      Delete
  9. I've heard nothing but good reviews about this cc cream and I really want to give it a try. I wish it cosmetic was available in Europe, I couldn't find any place that sells it so I will just hope they will come to Europe market too! It gives a beautiful finish and it looks like there's nothing on the skin!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they make their way to Europe too! It's such an amazing product <3

      Delete
  10. I've heard a lot about this and it sounds great for summer!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome, and I think I will be reaching over for this a lot :D

      Delete
  11. The coverage is amazing! I've been hearing so many great things about IT Cosmetics lately, but haven't tried out any of their products. I got a sample of their concealer, but lost in my dungeon of room >_<

    http://www.thewanderingkitsune.com/

    ReplyDelete