Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick (Catnip)


Ever since Anastasia Beverly Hill's two liquid lipstick shades, Catnip and Soft Lilac, released during the end of last year, I've been eyeing on Catnip. Soft Lilac is a pale violet shade, whereas Catnip is a pinkish plum that I felt would suit better on my skintone. Last week, I made a trip to Sephora after work because I was having issues with my phone (still am), and I had to go to the Apple store at the mall right across from my work. I swatched Catnip on my lips and it was love at first swipe.

I do have two ABH's liquid lipsticks already, Carina and Spice, and although they work wonderfully with my skin tone, I feel like they are outlandish and I have not worn them a lot, if at all. The ABH liquid lipsticks are uncomfortably drying, which is to be expected but I am able to manage as long as I moisturize the hell out of it before hand. For $20, you get 0.11 oz in a tube with the usual doe-footed applicator.

Catnip is one of those rare shades that look amazing (yet completely different) on all skin tones. I have never ordered it before because I was afraid that I wouldn't like it. Well, to me, it's a slightly darker version of Marvelous Mauve or Stila Patina. For those with pale skin, it is a deep, plummy magenta (which is what I was hoping for). If you have medium/tan skin like me...well, you can see how it looks below. It is probably what Soft Lilac is to fair skin. And for dark skin, it resembles Patina the most. 

Nevertheless, I love it and it is a gorgeous spring shade without being too pink. It's great for everyday wear especially in the workplace!



I am really happy with this shade. I am always on the search for a girly pink that isn't too pale but not to bright, and this fits the bill. This is what I wanted Marvelous Mauve to look on me but didn't, so I ended up hating it and giving it to my 16 year old future sister-in-law for her birthday. I can't wear it too much right now since I'm experiencing some severe drying on my lips and skin, but my God is it more marvelous than Marvelous Mauve!

Do you have this shade? Or any of the ABH liquid lipsticks?


10 comments :

  1. okay, this colour is absolutely perfect with your skin tone! so, so gorgeous! xX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty color! I haven't tried any ABH liquid lipsticks but I do have marvelous mauve. Marvelous mauve is just okay!


    JennyLovesBeauty


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marvelous Mauve was such a disappointment and it sucks because it looked sooooo good on others!

      Delete
  3. I love the shade of this one, I am a pink lipstick girl so I have plenty of them. This one looks amazing on you!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catnip is a beautiful shade and it really suits you! It is not too bright or too pale, perfect shade of pink!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually just got the shade "Craft" which is a darker version and I'm in love with it!

      Delete
  5. Love the color! From the swatch I thought it would look more purple but it really compliments your skin tone x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From seeing a lot of fair skinned people rock this shade it would look like a deep magenta on you :D thanks!

      Delete