AM/PM Beauty Tag

Which lip color will I wear today?

First off, I just want to say thank you Katie from Beauty from Katie for tagging me in this. I love reading her beauty posts and she is just an overall sweet and down-to-earth gal! Here in this tag, I talk about my beauty/lifestyle routines from sunrise to sunset. Without further ado, here are my answers:

What is your morning beauty routine?
Like Katie, sometimes I have a hard time following my routine so I just either splash water or moisturize. I have been using the Foreo Day Cleanser I got from this month's Allure Beauty Box, and I use the Murad Hydrating Toner. I then massage my face with the Murad Sensitive Skin Soothing Serum (which I'm almost out of), and I moisturize either with the Murad Anti-Aging Moisturizer, or the Cotz Flawless Complexion Sunscreen, which was also from the Allure Beauty Box.

What's for breakfast?
Lately, I've been all about toast. It's the easiest thing for me, yet I try to make it healthy: I either cut up bananas and spread peanut butter on whole wheat toast, or spread pesto and hummus with avocado and/or turkey slices on top. On weekends, my mom's boyfriend cooks up scrumptious scrambled eggs and sausages, or a Shakeology smoothie. Oh yes and coffee!

Coffee or Tea?
I'm a coffee gal, through and through. It gets me through the day. Although I do want to drink green tea more for the health and beauty benefits (cancer-fighting, weight loss, beautiful skin, etc.)

How long does it take you to get out the door? 
I would say around 30-45 minutes!!

What's your go-to make-up look on a fuss-free morning?
LOL like Katie said, even a fuss-free beauty routine takes a lot of work! Rather than wearing primer and foundation, I wear my Neutrogena Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer. Then I fill in my brows with the NYX Micro Brow Pencil. I conceal my dark circles, which I discussed in this post. I apply some mascara, and my favorite is the L'Oreal Voluminous, as it curls, lengthens AND thickens! It's a miracle worker. I like adding in a pop of cream or gel blush (like from ColourPop), or any of the powder blushes from the ELF blush palette, and it is so wonderful and pigmented, AND long-lasting for it being $6! As for lip colors? I'm so indecisive! It really depends on my mood!

What is your evening beauty routine?
I cleanse my face with the Murad Clarifying Cleanser with the Foreo Luna play device. Whatever leftover makeup I have (and it's a pain to get everything out), I wipe it with the ELF makeup remover wipes. Once or twice a week I exfoliate with the Mario Badescu Botanical Exfoliating Scrub. I also really love a good mask and serum. I finally moisturize with the Shea Moisture Peace Rose Oil Moisturizer!

Snack time! What's in the bowl?
This is so bad but I love Flaming Hot Cheetos and yes I do eat it before bed. It's a bad habit I'm trying to break, especially when I have cashews on my bedside I could be eating instead...

How do you wind down and prep for bed?
Check social media, talk to Cecilio, and pray.

What are you wearing for sleep?
It depends. Sometimes in the summer I sleep naked or wear a really light tank top and shorts. During the winter I like my thick PJs.

What are some things you must do before hitting the hay?
Like I mentioned, talking to Cecilio and praying. I have to floss and brush my teeth, and use mouthwash: I have been taking care of my teeth more than ever because they kinda got bad after taking a few of my medications and overall lupus flareups. I also cuddle up with my dogs (Flora, my Maltese/Yorkie mix, sleeps with my and Aris, my Maltese/Rat Terrier mix, sleeps on his own bed on the floor.)

I want everyone and anyone who reads my blog to try out this tag, but I also want to tag specifically:

Carol from Carol in a Page
Bash from Hey Bash
Emma from Wellemma
Erin from Make Erin Over
Kay from Shoes and Glitter

8 comments :

  1. Yes- flaming hot cheetos! You are my soul twin! :) I love how sweet and simple your routine is. Your natural beauty truly does shine through! thanks for posting xX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for being so sweet and kind in my posts! I love the little loving notes from you!

      Delete
  2. I've never tried banana on toast, my uncle loves it! And don't get me started on Cheetos, we have finally got them here in the UK and I am obsessed ♥



    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man now you get to experience the wonderful deliciousness that is Hot Cheetos! Now you can understand my addiction!

      Delete
  3. I have hard time following the morning routine as well, sometimes all I do is just cold water and moisturiser then I am all ready. I can't be fully awake without a cup of coffee, it is my wake up call!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, I thought I was the only one that couldn't follow my skincare routine everyday to a T. But time is precious so it's totally understandable!

      Delete
  4. Yay you got it up so quickly, I loved reading this! I'm so indecisive about lip products too x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for tagging me! It's hard finding the perfect one for your mood and outfit, and the choices are so overwhelming

      Delete