Spring 2016 Sephora VIB Sale Haul


One of the perks of being a VIB Rouge or VIB member of Sephora is the annual 15% off sale in April (and the 20% off sale in November!) Regular Beauty insiders get 10% off though.

In this haul, I wanted to get wedding-beauty related items that would give me a flawless face and photograph beautifully. Whether I get my makeup done or do it on my own, I still want to look lovely for the engagement photos and pre-wedding parties. Which is why I got the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. I have researched high and low for powders that would not cause flashback, and everywhere I saw this one as one of the top recommendations. I'm very weary about translucent powders because of the flashback, and I have heard the MUFE powder is notorious for that. This powder comes in 2 sizes: a 1 oz. one for $38, and a travel-sized version 0.33 one for $23. I got the travel-sized one as it comes with a puff.

I have serious dark undereye circles that cannot just be hidden with concealer. I have tried using the Tarte CC Undereye Corrector under my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, which actually makes it crease and look cakey...plus I've had it (the Tarte corrector) since September 2014, so I might, no definitely, want to throw it out. Since I have dark circles as a result of poor sleep (I did graduate college last year), side effects from prednisone, genetics, and ignoring my mom's advice on wearing eye cream in your 20s, I wanted to try out the new BECCA Backlight Targeted Colour Corrector (Peach). I was kinda worried that peach might be too light for my skin tone for the dark circles, and that I should've gotten papaya instead. But I tested it under my NARS concealer and it covered my dark circles much better. I will be experimenting with this through fingers, brushes, sponges, etc. and see which method works best. It is a glossy finish and not thick and cakey.

I originally got the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Blackberry Sorbet because I saw how beautiful it looked...but it showed up as a deep purple, almost black to me. I was hoping for more of a reddish-violet. I don't know, maybe because I also feel weird about wearing it in the spring. So I returned it and exchanged it with the Sephora Luster Matte Long-Wear Lip Color (Rose Luster) and the Sephora Collection Colorful Blush (Hey Jealousy). This lip color was kind of a let down too: it was a subtle pink at the store but turned out bright pink in natural light! It's still gorgeous and I will still wear it, but unfortunately the formula is not spectacular: it is not a true matte. It's creamy, comfortable, and long-wearing, but it feels heavy and sits on my lips, and it bleeds easily. I cannot blot this because a lot of the product comes off. It's not long-wearing at all, and a lipliner is a must. I saw the blushes and was really drawn to Hey Jealousy, a bright pink will cool undertones, so I had to get it. It's that Barbie/80's shade that I just adore and works well with my skin tone.

Top to bottom: BECCA Backlight Targeted Colour Corrector (Peach), Sephora Luster Matte Long-Wear Lip Color (Rose Luster), and Sephora Collection Colorful Blush (Hey Jealousy)

For samples, I got the Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel. I can't really say much about it except that it's a cool, clear gel that makes me skin feel soft, fresh and clean. If I still didn't have my Murad Cleanser I would be looking into this one more. I also got fragrance samples: Tom Ford Noir, a men's eau de parfum that I still love with its strong scents with notes of bergamot, violet flower, tuscan iris, black pepper oil, benzoin resin, and opoponax. Lastly comes the Givenchy Dahlia Divin, an eau de toilette with softer, more feminine notes of Mirabelle plum, Jasmine, White Florals, Sandalwood, Vetiver, and Patchouli.

I can't wait to play around with all of these babies I got!

Are you a Beauty Insider/VIB/VIB Rouge member of Sephora? Did you take advantage of this past week's sales? What did you get?

11 comments :

  1. Hmmm, I don't use Boscia's cleanser but I do like the company's masks! I have to admit I don't use setting powder, oops! :)

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to try their masks sometime! I haven't been using setting powder until recently, I've been using City Color Cosmetic's powder which is okay but not the best.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right-- that hey jealousy shade really works well with your skin tone! Absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing xX

    kynialikethecountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely do a review of it soon!

      Delete
  4. Such a fab haul, hun! With 10% or 15% I sure couldn't resist all these goodies, either... :) I wish we had Sephora in the UK! Loving all the beauties you got! I'm so in love with the Hey Jealousy blush, it looks like such a fun, girly shade, and I'd love to see it on you! :) And although the Rose Luster shade isn't exactly what you expected, I still like it, and I'm sure it looks absolutely gorgeous on you. <3 Btw, I tagged you in the Beauty Lover Tag on my blog - hope that's okay! :) Kisses. x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely do a review on the blush soon! I will still wear the lip color, I just have to be really careful with how much it bleeds haha. I saw it and I did it, I'm just scheduling it because it's 1:10 am right now in the US and it'll go live in 6 am (5 hours from now). Thanks so much for tagging me, I love being tagged!

      Delete
  5. Rose Luster lip colour looks gorgeous! I love the colour so much! This is a great haul!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you, I love the items I got!

      Delete
  6. Looks like you got some great products! I'd like to try the Becca Undereye brightening corrector, which is sort of salmon-y colored. I think I'll need it after finals week! Best of luck with your wedding x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the warm wishes! I love the corrector, and it seems to cover up decently, now I just have the problem of creasing when I set it with the powder...

      Delete