So fresh, so CLEAN: Fresh Laundry Eau de Parfum


The CLEAN fragrances have been saved under my loves and favorites in my Sephora and Ulta accounts. Not sure about you guys, but I love the smell of laundry: Charmin fabric softener, powder detergent (its much stronger than liquid), and Oxyclean. I know, I'm kinda crazy. But when I learned that the CLEAN fragrances smelled like laundry, I needed to get my hands on them. I originally wanted the CLEAN Warm Cotton, when I read a review on Sephora (a negative one) from someone who complained,"If you want people to know that you love doing laundry all of the time, this fragrance is for you." (paraphrased). I don't necessary LOVE doing laundry (I do it practically everyday), but I love the smell of it. I wish we had powdered detergent though.

So I found the CLEAN Fresh Laundry and thought, why not get the one that is actually named after laundry? So I ordered the 1 oz. for $40 at Sephora: they also have a 0.34 oz Rollerball for $20 and a 2.14 oz bottle for $72. You can also buy the 1 oz bottle and a 0.17 rollerball (in a gift set with 4 other CLEAN fragrance rollerballs) at Ulta.

Let's talk about the packaging. Since the brand's name is CLEAN, it doesn't surprise me one bit that the bottle is simple, minimalistic, with each fragrance having different shades of blue. The simple square shaped and cool colors are the design elements I think of when I hear the word "clean". It doesn't have the intricate bottles like you see in the higher-end, designer fragrances.

I was honestly initially disappointed with how light the scent was: I wanted something stronger and more earthy. I knew it had citrusy notes of Brazilian orange and Mexican lime, but I didn't realize that those were the 2 most dominating notes. It also has fresh mown grass, cyclamen, rose otto, night blooming white jasmine, petals, heliotrope and musk. So this is more of a liquid detergent with citrus scent fragrance. It does grow on me overtime though, and especially because it is a great warm-weather scent where we reach for lighter beauty products (BB cream instead of foundation, tinted lip balm instead of matte lipstick, cream blush instead of powder). And for those who have extremely sensitive noses, this fragrance is perfect. Don't listen to me, I am a sucker for strong scents, even if it turns people off.

I like it, but I am not bowling over it. Like I say again, it's lovely for the summer.

Do you guys have this fragrance?

6 comments :

  1. I'm not sure I'd like this because I prefer sweet scents, but the idea is intriguing! I didn't know so many people like the clean smell but it makes sense now that you point it out!

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like sweet scents, try Viva La Juicy. It's sweet, but not too much, and it lingers for a long time. I'll be doing a review on it shortly :D

      Delete
  2. Clean definitely lives up to it's name, haha! I'm not much of girl for perfumes or strong scents but it looks wonderful and is good for a subtle smell if one enjoys it <3

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would enjoy it if you prefer lighter scents :)

      Delete
  3. I have a friend that's crazy about scents like that :D I'm not sure I'd like it, though... But you did a great job reviewing it :) xx

    http://beautypeptalk.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely recommend this to her then! Thanks for commenting!

      Delete