Fall Fashion for Spring

Jacket: American Eagle Outfitters
Striped Sweater: H&M
Pants: Champions



Despite boasting about warm sunny weather last week in my floral dress post, it happened to rain again a few days ago. Thankfully it did't rain yesterday when I wore this outfit, but I happened to bring this military jacket just in case. But even though it was cloudy, it was quite warm. Even though it's springtime, I do miss fall fashion: knit sweaters, scarves, boots and dark vampy lipstick are my jam. But so are minidresses and straw hats.

I have noticed that olive green military jackets have been "trendy" lately, but I actually got this at TJ Maxx in 2010! I love it, it gives me a casual, no-fuss yet hip vibe without trying too hard. 

Also, I am wearing yoga pants! Yoga pants: most people love them or hate them. I'm in the former category. I also dress them up with a cute top or sweater and shoes to make them seem less casual. They are super-comfy to me: I am pear-shaped and curvy on the bottom, and it's unfortunate that most pants were not made for my body type in mind (I have been working out and doing squats and lunges with weights, which have been adding muscle and bulk, but I am now jogging on my treadmill to lean them out). I have always had a hard time finding jeans and pants because of it. So black yoga pants slims my legs, lifts my booty, and doesn't constrict me. I also feel super-stylish when they are paired with boots, like these Kenneth Cole Reaction ankle boots I got last year.




Where were we, you ask? We were strolling around Crockett, a small town with a population of 3,000 in between Sacramento and San Francisco and just right off of the Carquinez Bridge. It is also home to the C&H Sugar manufacturing building. Every time we come home from San Francisco, we always see the C&H Sugar sign light up at night. Our hands squeeze every time we see it, because it's our initials. We have always said that we wanted our engagement photos in front of the sign. Now that we just booked our photographer, we are planning the logistics of where, when, and how we will have our engagement shoot in July. The sign is so high, so we found a parking lot where we can take pictures in front of where the sign is visible (thankfully like most of the Bay Area, Crockett is hilly). Unfortunately, the building and its surrounding areas are private property so we could not go inside. However, Downtown Crockett is so cute and quaint! There are lots of art galleries, antique shops, painting classes for children, and sandwich shops. There are a lot of greenery too, like lush, long grass, flowers sprinkled in some areas, and sweeping trees. Despite its small size, Crockett has no shortage of unique backdrops for photo opportunities.

8 comments :

  1. such cute and simple outfit! And-- you are absolutely gorgeous. That colour for your lips really shows off your beautiful skintone. xX also-- you two are so cute! "our hands squeeze everytime we see it..." heart eyes!
    thanks for sharing xX

    kynialikethecountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your kind words! I am so flattered :D also, my lip color is NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in "Copenhagen". Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. You beauty! Looks like it's really cold over there. Love your parker jacket though!
    x
    The Vera Vault | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually wasn't that cold on that day, but the heat is definitely creeping back! Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  3. I hope Spring comes for you soon! Despite the cold weather, you are really rocking this jacket :)

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just had a few temporary days of rain. Now the heat is creeping back up to us!

      Delete
  4. This is a lovely outfit! I love the jacket and your lips colour, suits you well!!! :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your kind sweet words!

      Delete