April Beauty Favorites


After giving up buying makeup for Lent, I kinda (no, REALLY) went crazy in April. There were so many products I wanted to buy, especially from the Sephora VIB sale. Now for May, it's time for another "no-buy month" (one only exception: Memorial Day sales). And then I will continue on over the next few months...unless there's a great sale going on.

My most used and loved products are:

1. Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette: This is a new palette I have been lusting over, especially because of the packaging, scent, and the gorgeous warm tones! Though I was disappointed with the Jelly (the bright purple shade on the bottom middle) because it wasn't as pigmented as I wanted it to be, I use it over NYX white eyeshadow base and spray Fix+ on my brush. That's what gives my lid the "foiled" look.

2. MAC Lipstick "Mehr": After being sorely disappointed with the Prolongwear Foundation, I exchanged it for this gorgeous lipstick. It's a matte bubblegum light pink with cool undertones, so I was surprised to find that it actually looked good on me. It's a great spring shade and perfect for office wear.

3. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick "Berry Rich": I've actually been reaching for this lipstick a lot: this dark rosy lipstick works beautifully on my skin tone (I really recommend this for all skin tones), and it is another great spring shade. It is nondrying too.

4. L'Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation (W6): I remember first getting this foundation in 2014, and I practically wore it all the time. It gave a flawless, dewy finish, and it's great for dry skin. Problem was that I bought it in the wrong shade (C4), so it looked ghostly on me! I am so glad I bought this again. If you have dry or normal skin, I highly recommend this. It has SPF 20 too!

5. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation (6.5): Again, because of my terrible experience with the Prolongwear Foundation I wanted to give this a try. I've heard how well it photographs, and how it's used for celebrities and brides. If I am to DIY my wedding makeup, it would be this. It kinda looks patchy right now on my skin if it's in the mirror on my room, but it looks great in other mirrors and photographs insanely well. When I set it with Laura Mercier Translucent Powder, I look airbrushed.

What beauty products have you been lovin' this past April?

14 comments :

  1. I have somewhat dry skin, too, so I'll have to check out the L'Oreal lumi foundation for summer! Great products x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing. I love it so much and I'm so glad to get my hands on it again!

      Delete
  2. I love Too faced eyeshadow palettes, but I've heard not so great things about the pigmentation as well in the purple shade which is a shame! I really want to try Mehr, it's such a gorgeous purple-undertoned nude! Can imagine it being so flattering on many skin tones! Lovely favourites as always! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the lack of pigmentation is usually in the shades where it's supposed to be bright (like the purple in the Chocolate Bar, the blue in Semi-Sweet) yes, Mehr is is wonderful and a universally-flatting lipstick!

      Delete
  3. Ugh that Toofaced palette is STUNNING, I'm so obsessed with that brand right now!
    www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know their packaging is to die for! They're killing it with the palettes...now they have a peach one and they are coming up with a chocolate chip one!

      Delete
  4. The Peanut Butter Jelly Palette looks gorgeous - I need to get my hands on one! :)
    - Ambar | Her Little Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, it's a beautiful palette!

      Delete
  5. Those lipsticks look like my kinda shades, and I've heard mixed reviews of the Lumi foundation, I think I might just have to test it out for myself ♥

    tipscapsule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, it's a really lovely foundation!

      Delete
  6. I've always wanted to try out the armani foundation but never got round to it! From your review & others it sounds so good, it's on the list! I'm too in love with my nars tinted moisturiser to stray away :/
    Katie | Words By Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I understand, being super attached to a beauty product. I love it though and it photographs extremely well~

      Delete
  7. I'm so jealous that you have the Peanut Butter palette, I really wish it was coming to the UK! Great choice of favourites :-)
    xoxo
    http://gingersnaphattie.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I hope you guys get it sometime! But it seems like a lot of the bloggers from the UK have the Peach Palette, so there's that :)

      Delete